Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: The Stash: The Austin Spurs/Spurs prospects thread 

Post#41 » by Nolan » Thu Mar 2, 2017 4:46 pm

duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:
duncan21 wrote:he is nothing better than Simmons

And what exactly does his age have to do with that?

UPSIDE IS LIMIT

So he can't improve because of his age? Do you even really follow this team?

Over the years we've brought in guys in their late 20's turned them into good players and proved your point wrong over and over and over. Guys like Tiago, Baynes, Bodan, Neal, and Oberto are examples of guys we've brought over late in their careers and turned them into solid players. Hell there's even two guys on our current roster that we've done that with in Simmons and Dedmon.

Age and upside aren't always exclusively related. You don't just lose the ability to improve as a player on your 25th birthday.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Post#42 » by duncan21 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 5:04 pm

Nolan wrote:
duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:

UPSIDE IS LIMIT

So he can't improve because of his age? Do you even really follow this team?

Over the years we've brought in guys in their late 20's turned them into good players and proved your point wrong over and over and over. Guys like Tiago, Baynes, Bodan, Neal, and Oberto are examples of guys we've brought over late in their careers and turned them into solid players. Hell there's even two guys on our current roster that we've done that with in Simmons and Dedmon.

Age and upside aren't always exclusively related. You don't just lose the ability to improve as a player on your 25th birthday.

still no nba team sign him
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by Nolan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:11 pm

So Jean-Charles is headed back to France. Looks like we can officially label this whole ordeal as a failure, sadly.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#44 » by UDRIH14 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:20 am

been reading on ST, they need to address alot of positions within the next 2 years to keep kawhi happy....

they continue to kowtow to vets and not developing younger guys to get more experience is going to hurt them after 2years
kawhi aint staying around for a rebuild unless he gets his 200m+ deal....he is not happy being a pretender every year, when his main goal is to be one of the greatest....

if pop has loss it, time to replace him..u cant be happy and settle on 5, when ur young franchise player wants to win more...but ur doing nothing...
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by Nolan » Mon Apr 3, 2017 2:27 pm

Magic are signing Garino

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/

The Orlando Magic are on track to sign Patricio Garino and Marcus Georges-Hunt today, the Orlando Sentinel has learned.

Garino and Georges-Hunt will be with the team for the remainder of this season, and their contracts will include non-guaranteed salaries for at least the 2017-18 season.

They are expected to play summer-league ball for the Magic and then have an opportunity to earn regular-season roster spots in training camp.

I liked Garino. Was a little disappointed with his performance in pre season but I still believe that he's got a shot at being a decent NBA player. Wish him well.
Mr Fitzhume
Junior
And1: 650

Post#46 » by Mr Fitzhume » Tue May 9, 2017 10:49 am

duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:
duncan21 wrote:he is nothing better than Simmons

UPSIDE IS LIMIT

:crazy: :cuddle :lol:

Hanga named 2016/2017 EuroLeague DPOY

duncan21
Junior

Post#47 » by duncan21 » Tue May 9, 2017 8:14 pm

Mr Fitzhume wrote:
duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:

UPSIDE IS LIMIT

europeleauge can compare to nba level ??????? :lol:
duncan21
Junior

Post#48 » by duncan21 » Tue May 9, 2017 8:17 pm

Mr Fitzhume wrote:
duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:

UPSIDE IS LIMIT

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by Nolan » Wed May 10, 2017 12:20 pm

duncan21 wrote:
Mr Fitzhume wrote:
duncan21 wrote:UPSIDE IS LIMIT

Yes it can.
duncan21
Junior

Post#50 » by duncan21 » Wed May 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Nolan wrote:
duncan21 wrote:

Yes it can.

JUST LIKE TIAGO ????? :lol:
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by Nolan » Wed May 10, 2017 1:01 pm

duncan21 wrote:[

What do you have against Tiago? He's a great player. It's too bad injuries have derailed his career.
UDRIH14
General Manager

Post#52 » by UDRIH14 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:52 am

so are the spurs going to chase ghill or cp3? i say keep the money, pay the fa on the team and develop or give the younger players more minutes murry, bertans, simmons...give simmons and patty mills their money imo... if u keep the same roster heading into next season whats worse can happen to the spurs in the standings/playoffs? they will still win their division or have another top 4 record is better then nothing, instead of going all broke chasing some top FA but still finishing the same position RS and playoffs with no flexibility for roster improvements cause the money is all tied up on star players

perimeter league, means spurs should concentrate on keeping their perimeter players small ball...problem at pg bringing the ball upcourt or settling plays? no problem as all of us have seen, plenty of guys been taking turns bringing the ball upcourt and settling the offense in t he half court...gino and parker to retire, replace by hanga and another rookie/vet?

i say u keep simmons due to the fact that the team cant stand pat wasting another season or 2 to develop players to know the system, what the team has here is a few pieces to work with kawhi, all of them will be peaking or heading into their primes at the same time for the next 2-3 years where the spurs should be capitalizing the best chance at winning a ring out of that roster....

i hope pau opts and signs a cheaper deal...lee and dedmon is questionable, i think some team is going to offer them money...

so the draft spurs will need a big and pg?
duncan21
Junior

Post#53 » by duncan21 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:49 am

Nolan wrote:

What do you have against Tiago? He's a great player. It's too bad injuries have derailed his career.

he is soft & unathetic plus has no range at all
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,142

Post#54 » by Mickey8 » Wed May 24, 2017 9:46 pm

I think Nikola Milutinov will be a Spur next season, and I think he will surprise a lot of people in the league :)
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by Nolan » Thu May 25, 2017 1:42 pm

Mickey8 wrote:I think Nikola Milutinov will be a Spur next season, and I think he will surprise a lot of people in the league :)

Agreed on both accounts. It might take him a little bit to adjust to the NBA game but he looks like he'll be a solid player.
duncan21
Junior

Post#56 » by duncan21 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:56 am

Nolan wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:I think Nikola Milutinov will be a Spur next season, and I think he will surprise a lot of people in the league :)

Agreed on both accounts. It might take him a little bit to adjust to the NBA game but he looks like he'll be a solid player.

He is slow and unathletic,you want to see another player get beat off the dribble like Pau last Season
Frankie23
Sixth Man
And1: 312

Post#57 » by Frankie23 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:22 am

duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:

He was very usefull to the Spurs for a couple of years, specially on defense. Injuries hurt his game, that's a fact.

BUT, he was acb MVP, not Euroleague MVP or something like that. I think Eurolegue can transcend to the NBA if you're skilled enough and willing to be pacient in your transition to NBA (maybe play limited minutes, being a role player, etc). Some people knock on European leagues when some players come to the NBA and become bust, but what they don't realize is that they weren't that good even in Europe.
I think Doncic is going to be special. I don't think there wasn't any top european pick that arrived to the draft with 19 years old being the best player in Europe.
UDRIH14
General Manager

Post#58 » by UDRIH14 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:34 am

the 2 draft picks are good, lets just hope their shooting % transfers to the nba court...
duncan21
Junior

Post#59 » by duncan21 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:20 am

Frankie23 wrote:
duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:

He was very usefull to the Spurs for a couple of years, specially on defense. Injuries hurt his game, that's a fact.

BUT, he was acb MVP, not Euroleague MVP or something like that. I think Eurolegue can transcend to the NBA if you're skilled enough and willing to be pacient in your transition to NBA (maybe play limited minutes, being a role player, etc). Some people knock on European leagues when some players come to the NBA and become bust, but what they don't realize is that they weren't that good even in Europe.
I think Doncic is going to be special. I don't think there wasn't any top european pick that arrived to the draft with 19 years old being the best player in Europe.

his defence looks gd because of duncan...................
EuropeanBball
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#60 » by EuropeanBball » Fri Jul 7, 2017 2:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to San Antonio Spurs