bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#81 » by bmurph128 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:11 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
I'm good with all of these ideas, at that price except for the last one. There's a reason Pop kept pulling LMA, the best healthy scorer he had left, off the floor against GS. He can't defend that GS small ball line up. He got abused.

If we get Melo for the vet minimum, and if Dallas is willing to trade him when he's eligible, the player the Cavs should look to swap for Love is Noel. He's the one guy in the NBA who might be able to play effective perimeter defense against Durant.

That's actually a really good idea.

I imagine Melo and Wade will come.

What do you guys think we should do about Korver? Just let him walk? Finding a backup PG should be a priority too..

If he's willing to come back for cheap, it's a no brainer to me. Cavs didn't even use Korver well. There were too many times when he was on the floor for +5 minutes without attempting a shot or even touching the ball. For him to be effective even as a decoy, the other team has to think he'll actually get the ball.

If we assume that Melo and Wade will come after bought out, and we did in fact trade Love for Noel, what would your starting lineup look like?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,119

Post#82 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:14 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:

That's actually a really good idea.

I imagine Melo and Wade will come.

What do you guys think we should do about Korver? Just let him walk? Finding a backup PG should be a priority too..

If he's willing to come back for cheap, it's a no brainer to me. Cavs didn't even use Korver well. There were too many times when he was on the floor for +5 minutes without attempting a shot or even touching the ball. For him to be effective even as a decoy, the other team has to think he'll actually get the ball.

If we assume that Melo and Wade will come after bought out, and we did in fact trade Love for Noel, what would your starting lineup look like?

Against GS, probably Noel, LBJ, Melo, JR, Kyrie.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
carjoch_831
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#83 » by carjoch_831 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:56 pm

hope we sign Tony Allen. Rumor is the grizz are only offering vet min to resign him. PJ Tucker is another player we should look out for.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#84 » by Dupp » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:55 pm

carjoch_831 wrote:hope we sign Tony Allen. Rumor is the grizz are only offering vet min to resign him. PJ Tucker is another player we should look out for.

Didn't realize TA was a fa. Would be great to somehow get him.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#85 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:16 pm

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#86 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:08 am

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#87 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:26 pm

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:41 pm

Every Love-centered trade discussion just sounds like a public discussion with Ainge tbh. Ainge is going to wait to see if he can sign Hayward or Blake and I don't see anything happening until those guys have signed with the Celtics or elsewhere. They'll probably want a commitment from Ainge that he'll go get PG. If I were Pritchard, I'd wait for that to play out and see if I could at least get one of the Celitcs better picks.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#89 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:09 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hey jbk, on the T&T board you mention reports that say the Nuggets could include Harris in the proposed deal. What reports are you referring to ??
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:41 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hey jbk, on the T&T board you mention reports that say the Nuggets could include Harris in the proposed deal. What reports are you referring to ??

Every report that I've read indicates that Murray & Jokic are untouhable. Via omission, because that's usually how it works, Harris could be made available.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#91 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:25 am

jbk1234 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Every report that I've read indicates that Murray & Jokic are untouhable. Via omission, because that's usually how it works, Harris could be made available.

So do you think LeBron or Turner might be included too ? Thought only the media created rumors :lol:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:53 am

Read on Twitter

Please let this be posturing.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:54 am

Read on Twitter

I have no idea what this means.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#94 » by Dupp » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:48 am

Apparently we had a deal for kyrie for bledsoe and #4 which we could have move for PG..

Kyrie for PG and Bledsoe.... thats a massive upgrade, particularly defensively.

God dammit Gilbert.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:36 pm

Dupp wrote:Apparently we had a deal for kyrie for bledsoe and #4 which we could have move for PG..

God dammit Gilbert.

Reportedly Gilbert called LBJ to ask him if he'd extend after the trade & LBJ declined. I'm with you though. Go ahead & make the trade. I am concerned about Bledsoe's knees.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
bmurph128
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by bmurph128 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:23 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Dupp wrote:Apparently we had a deal for kyrie for bledsoe and #4 which we could have move for PG..

God dammit Gilbert.

Reportedly Gilbert called LBJ to ask him if he'd extend after the trade & LBJ declined. I'm with you though. Go ahead & make the trade. I am concerned about Bledsoe's knees.

Could still do it.

I'm fine with Love staying, but we can't play both he and Thompson against the Warriors. I would be fine if we picked up Melo and moved Thompson to the bench:

Bledsoe
George
LeBron
Melo
Love

That would make me feel better against the Warriors than having both Thompson and Love in the game against the Warriors.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by bmurph128 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Don't you guys feel weird at all about trading Kyrie when he hit the biggest shot in Cleveland sports, and had that incredible 3 game stretch to help win the title?
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#98 » by gflem » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:33 am

bmurph128 wrote:Don't you guys feel weird at all about trading Kyrie when he hit the biggest shot in Cleveland sports, and had that incredible 3 game stretch to help win the title?

Yes. I wonder of this was the final straw with Gilbert and Griffin? If that move is made and PG and Lebron opt out what would be left? An injury prone Bledsoe and TT? No way to sell tickets there. Total rebuild at that point as well.
I like the idea of Tony Allen to add toughness and D, but only if Shump is moved in another deal. They are almost carbon copies in that they both play great D but are offensive liabilities. I don't see a place for both on a contending team.
I also am intrigued about the Noel for Love idea. I would think there would have to be something added for the Cavs in that idea, but his defensive ability and length is exactly what is needed here to slow down Durant.
TeeJay
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#99 » by TeeJay » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:33 pm

I say we trade Thompson for Jokic (sp?) who plays for the Nuggets... just a thought.
TeeJay's Hall Of Fame of hoopers who changed the game:
90s/2000s NBA is what made me love hoops.
Analytics Guy, Jordan Fan, LeBron Loyalist.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#100 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 pm

TeeJay wrote:I say we trade Thompson for Jokic (sp?) who plays for the Nuggets... just a thought.

Yeah I'm guessing that's not remotely an option.
cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers