ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,326

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#301 » by Worst_to_First » Fri Jul 7, 2017 11:58 am

Icandoallthings wrote:After the Hardaway deal if KP wants to leave the organization I will not say one bad word about him.

Just get us back some first round picks from Boston KP.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#302 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Jul 7, 2017 12:58 pm

I think KP is going to be all business when he comes back to the Knicks. No smiles. Short to the point. A ripped machine ready to be the focal point and feeding all the other parts of the team BUT 1 toe out the door.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#303 » by levendis » Fri Jul 7, 2017 1:02 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:I think KP is going to be all business when he comes back to the Knicks. No smiles. Short to the point. A ripped machine ready to be the focal point and feeding all the other parts of the team BUT 1 toe out the door.

he still looks like hes going to be pushed around by guards next year. Was hoping he'd wise up and hire a real coach, except he's still using his brother for everything.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#304 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Jul 7, 2017 1:07 pm

levendis wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:I think KP is going to be all business when he comes back to the Knicks. No smiles. Short to the point. A ripped machine ready to be the focal point and feeding all the other parts of the team BUT 1 toe out the door.

he still looks like hes going to be pushed around by guards next year. Was hoping he'd wise up and hire a real coach, except he's still using his brother for everything.

I dunno. I'm seeing him work on his low center of gravity by strengthening his body with a lot of squats. You don't want to push him too hard because that's what the Sixers did with both Embiid and Simmons.

KP has already played more games than the last 3 Sixer draft picks combined.

Letting a kid grow into his body gradually is the name of the game.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#305 » by levendis » Fri Jul 7, 2017 1:23 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
levendis wrote:

I dunno. I'm seeing him work on his low center of gravity by strengthening his body with a lot of squats. You don't want to push him too hard because that's what the Sixers did with both Embiid and Simmons.

KP has already played more games than the last 3 Sixer draft picks combined.

Letting a kid grow into his body gradually is the name of the game.

Sure I agree with that. But you look at the progress guys like Giannis and Gobert made to their bodies entering the 3rd year of their careers and you start to wonder if he'll ever be able to develop the body needed at the NBA level. He's made improvements sure, but I've been dissapointed at the progress, and I do wonder if part of it is not having the right team around him in the offseason. It's not like KP hasn't had his share of injury woes during his first 2 seasons either.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,039

Post#306 » by sol537 » Fri Jul 7, 2017 1:33 pm

Guys who get too big get injured often. He's got to continue to build muscle to match his frame (see KG) and ensure he maximizes his explosiveness which would make him tough to stop when coupled with confidence.
Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Post#307 » by Kurt Rambis » Fri Jul 7, 2017 3:19 pm

sol537 wrote:Guys who get too big get injured often. He's got to continue to build muscle to match his frame (see KG) and ensure he maximizes his explosiveness which would make him tough to stop when coupled with confidence.

And stay away from instagram models. :lol:

bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#308 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Jul 7, 2017 3:22 pm

Icandoallthings wrote:After the Hardaway deal if KP wants to leave the organization I will not say one bad word about him.

he will

his brothers KNEW this could happen.. and now it has

he will force a trade before his RFA.. they may as well deal him after he goes off next year and get peak value

this is not a prediction, it's a fact

gdfgsdfgsdfgsdfg
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#309 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Jul 7, 2017 3:40 pm

levendis wrote:Sure I agree with that. But you look at the progress guys like Giannis and Gobert made to their bodies entering the 3rd year of their careers and you start to wonder if he'll ever be able to develop the body needed at the NBA level. He's made improvements sure, but I've been dissapointed at the progress, and I do wonder if part of it is not having the right team around him in the offseason. It's not like KP hasn't had his share of injury woes during his first 2 seasons either.

Giannis plays SF. He don't bang. He doesn't play down low. You know what Giannis is when his jumper isn't sinking? A ONE MOVE player. In the fast break, he drives by a guy to the basket. That's his inside move. Sure, he'll do put backs or the easy slam like a cherry picker. But I did like when KP was running with that guy and gave him fits when they actually allowed KP to play 1:1 on him. That doesn't make the Gorgon a bad player, he is freakishly unstoppable with a limited set of skills. It's just that ESPN overrated this guy who is a high volume shooter. NOT at all an inside guy. Doesn't get others involved. He's a finisher. I guarantee you, Demarcus Cousins would snap him in two if he actually tried to play PF.

Y'know back in the 90s when men were allowed to be MEN. You had Barkley, Malone, Ewing, and guys who came out at least at drinking age. They matured and built their muscle mass gradually. Even so, Barkley as a Sixer alongside Dr. J and Barkley as a Phoenix Sun was the equivalent of Bruce Banner and the Hulk.

Rudy Gobert is 25 years old. It took him four seasons to get into "F#K ME?!? FU% U!" shape. Even so, he is 14/12.8/2.6
Porzingis is 21 years old. He's already at 18/7/2 in just his SECOND season.

Now, I won't go so far as to say, "OMG KP is the franchise!!!!!" No. We have not seen enough to go that far. However he is undeniably a VERY valuable piece in the Knicks' future (assuming they don't screw this up). Trick is, working the magic to find at least TWO other cornerstones to make this team work. It might take till he's 25.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#310 » by Tron Carter » Fri Jul 7, 2017 3:48 pm

RA Dickey wrote:

he will

he will force a trade before his RFA.. they may as well deal him after he goes off next year and get peak value

gdfgsdfgsdfgsdfg

holy over reaction batman. did you just get off the phone with janis?
R.I.P Black Mamba
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#311 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Jul 7, 2017 3:55 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
RA Dickey wrote:

he will

gdfgsdfgsdfgsdfg

it's not dude.. janis knows his history.. he's gone.. there is no point arguing because it obviously hasn't happened, but you will remember this post when it occurs

he's gone
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#312 » by Tron Carter » Fri Jul 7, 2017 3:56 pm

RA Dickey wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
RA Dickey wrote:
he will

gdfgsdfgsdfgsdfg

it's not dude.. janis knows his history.. he's gone.. there is no point arguing because it obviously hasn't happened, but you will remember this post when it occurs

he's gone

i'll quote this after he signs his extension instead.
R.I.P Black Mamba
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#313 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Jul 7, 2017 4:00 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
RA Dickey wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

he's gone

i'll quote this after he signs his extension instead.

i respect your optimism
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#314 » by King of Canada » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:38 pm

BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#315 » by Sark » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:46 pm

sol537 wrote:Guys who get too big get injured often. He's got to continue to build muscle to match his frame (see KG) and ensure he maximizes his explosiveness which would make him tough to stop when coupled with confidence.

Yup. I won't be surprised at all if he gets hurt this year. Just have to hope it's nothing serious.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#316 » by Kampuchea » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:00 pm

Sark wrote:

Yup. I won't be surprised at all if he gets hurt this year. Just have to hope it's nothing serious.

I don't think he's added too much weight to make injuries more likely.
Sark
RealGM

Post#317 » by Sark » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:14 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
Sark wrote:

He's bulking up. Look at the pictures. His joints might not be able to sustain the new weight. Even 10 pounds could be enough to cause an injury.

I don't know what he's doing to strengthen his joints, so I don't want to speculate on that, but just saying I wouldn't be surprised.
frothbrain
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,704

Post#318 » by frothbrain » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:20 pm

well with melo staying and drug abuser suspended he needs to bulk up to play center.

and dont tell me 2nd round pick no defense playing 6'9 hernangomez is going to start at center.
Sark
RealGM

Post#319 » by Sark » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:25 pm

frothbrain wrote:well with melo staying and drug abuser suspended he needs to bulk up to play center.

and dont tell me 2nd round pick no defense playing 6'9 hernangomez is going to start at center.

Well at least he can guard the post, which is his strength. Hopefully Melo will close out on shooters this year, and won't push KP to guard the wing as much.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Post#320 » by Polk377 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:40 pm

Sark wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
Sark wrote:

He's bulking up. Look at the pictures. His joints might not be able to sustain the new weight. Even 10 pounds could be enough to cause an injury.

I don't know what he's doing to strengthen his joints, so I don't want to speculate on that, but just saying I wouldn't be surprised.

How much bulk could he possibly add when there are no weights on his bars? Lol

Return to New York Knicks