Grayson Allen

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

pseudonym28
Sophomore
And1: 122

Grayson Allen 

Post#1 » by pseudonym28 » Sat Jul 8, 2017 8:51 am

I feel like grayson is underrated and will definitely have a solid nba career, if he can become a good nba shooter.

how do you feel about his draft stock and what team would he fit with best?
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,591

Re: Grayson Allen 

Post#2 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat Jul 8, 2017 8:58 am

He seems like a big child scared to enter the NBA so that he does not have to face the real world.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
GWVan
Analyst
And1: 2,549

Post#3 » by GWVan » Sat Jul 8, 2017 12:00 pm

He had one good season where he played way over his head and should have gone to the NBA and made some money. He would not have lasted long.
Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#4 » by keynote » Sat Jul 8, 2017 12:12 pm

You trippin'

Sent from my BTV-W09 using RealGM mobile app
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#5 » by The_Hater » Sat Jul 8, 2017 12:33 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:He seems like a big child scared to enter the NBA so that he does not have to face the real world.

Please stop posting.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
InfinityZero
Sophomore
And1: 152

Post#6 » by InfinityZero » Sat Jul 8, 2017 5:37 pm

pseudonym28 wrote:how do you feel about his draft stock and what team would he fit with best?

A team of daycare workers.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,322

Post#7 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 7:10 am

GWVan wrote:He had one good season where he played way over his head and should have gone to the NBA and made some money. He would not have lasted long.

Grayson was injured all last year. In December he had to go to the locker room like 3 straight games because of his injury. Basically all December the dude had to hobble up and down the floor and it severely effected his game. Towards the end of the year he started to look more like himself and shot 41% from the 3 the last two months and 46% in the last month.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 7:13 am

pseudonym28 wrote:I feel like grayson is underrated and will definitely have a solid nba career, if he can become a good nba shooter.

how do you feel about his draft stock and what team would he fit with best?

Grayson is a great shooter. Shot 41% from 3 his second year and shot in the 40s in the last couple months last year as he was finally getting healthy. His best asset going into the NBA will be his ability to move off the ball and shoot on the move coming off curls and screens. I think he is going to be a solid NBA rotation player.
pseudonym28
Sophomore
And1: 122

Post#9 » by pseudonym28 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 8:23 am

I can't imagine what it's like playing under pressure like that, watching kids come in and be a top 10 pick just a year later.
seorang
Starter
And1: 1,234

Post#10 » by seorang » Sun Jul 9, 2017 1:20 pm

Why didn't he declare after his soph year? Whoever advised him to go back to college cost him millions
ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Post#11 » by ItsThatEasy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:04 am

pseudonym28 wrote:I can't imagine what it's like playing under pressure like that, watching kids come in and be a top 10 pick just a year later.

So much pressure :roll:
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#12 » by Nolan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:03 pm

He's definitely got the talent to make it in the NBA but his mental toughness is the issue.

Kid (key word here) needs to do some serious growing up if he wants to succeed at the next level.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#13 » by tsmith » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Type of kid to be put on a leash when he were a toddler. Do not rate.
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,061

Post#14 » by Hoopz Afrik » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:52 pm

Hate him or love him the boy is fearless. He had a target on his back since midway through his sophomore for being a brat (all his own doing) and for as much as people were gunning for him he never backed down once. He plays with that Ginobili pseudo-recklessness but I think the guy has a place in this NBA. He's a good shooter, aggressive slasher, solid handle, and solid athlete. I'd def take a chance on the kid.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
War Machine
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#15 » by War Machine » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Disagree. Average athlete by NBA standards. Undersized 2-Guard who can't play point. Has an average wingspan. Good, not great shooter. Don't see the high upside. 7th or 8th man off the bench at best imo.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Post#16 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:01 pm

If he was 3-4 inches taller I'd be pretty high on him. As it stands, I'm not sure how he fits into the NBA unless he becomes a lights out shooter.
XXBKXX
Senior
And1: 253

Post#17 » by XXBKXX » Fri Aug 4, 2017 5:10 am

I think the Ginobli comparisons are dead on... I think he's a guy that will shoot up a bit in the draft after the combine. Agility and vert will help him with GMs.

I think he will go in the 15-25 range. He should have left the same year as Ingram imo. Would have been a top 15 pick. There's something about Duke always finding these four year white guys that wants to stick around. Laetner, Reddick and now Grayson. Today's NBA game suits him well -- he will be just fine in the league.
BK
-----------------------
Lakers / Angels / Dolphins
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#18 » by Marcus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Well that whole this is his year thing might have just flew out the window with Bags committing to Duke. Bags should end up the leading scorer and offensive focal point by the time the year is over same as Ingram and Tatum did.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#19 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Marcus wrote:Well that whole this is his year thing might have just flew out the window with Bags committing to Duke. Bags should end up the leading scorer and offensive focal point by the time the year is over same as Ingram and Tatum did.

I honestly think this is perfect for him though. I think hes going to get to showcase exactly how he would be used on a NBA team. Grayson moves extremely well off the ball and I think thats something we are going to see a lot this year. Thats how hes going to have to get his points in the NBA so I think this will be a good showcase for Grayson.

Trevon Duval has to be in heaven right now though. Gets to run PnR with Carter and Bagley while having Grayson and Trent Jr to kick the ball out to. A PG cant ask for a better situation than that.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#20 » by Marcus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Marcus wrote:Well that whole this is his year thing might have just flew out the window with Bags committing to Duke. Bags should end up the leading scorer and offensive focal point by the time the year is over same as Ingram and Tatum did.

I honestly think this is perfect for him though. I think hes going to get to showcase exactly how he would be used on a NBA team. Grayson moves extremely well off the ball and I think thats something we are going to see a lot this year. Thats how hes going to have to get his points in the NBA so I think this will be a good showcase for Grayson.

Trevon Duval has to be in heaven right now though. Gets to run PnR with Carter and Bagley while having Grayson and Trent Jr to kick the ball out to. A PG cant ask for a better situation than that.

I agree with your assessment of Allen. Theoretically this is ideal for his future. similar to what Kennard showed inside a good team setting his strengths being more varied than I and others gave him credit for. I just hope Grayson doesn't have any notions of needing to be the man on this team. If he can willingly take the Quinn Cook approach here Duke could win it all barring injuries.

Trevon should look like a PG this year. a table and pace setter and use all the weapons around him while masking his weakness. His defense needs to be top notch, his distribution needs to be money, his decision making and ball movement against the zone needs to be high level, and if he sees any man defense playing too close he's gotta kill that.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY

Return to NBA Draft