Moderator: bwgood77

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Your early favorites for SB 52? 

Post#101 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:55 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Don't watch it either. It's their loss.

The shame is... they could reel me in with more "classic" games... and not just the last 5 years. Other day I rewatched Miami @ Houston from 1978 when Earl Campbell went for 199 and 4 TD's. Now THAT was a classic game!

One of the very few NFL games that I was extremely fortunate to attend and see live. Well, sort of with the seat I had.

It was one of those games I missed watching live because I was in England where the NFL was a rumor at the time. But we listened to it on Armed Forces Radio out of Germany. Jack Buck's Call was greatness.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#102 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:20 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Your right about one thing. The NFL off-season is way too long! I don't understand why the league doesn't take advantage of this time now, when very little else is happening. It would make sense for teams to start training camp the first week of July or after the 4th. They don't have to compete with the NBA or NHL. It's maddening! :crazy:

That's why NFLN does that stupid Top 100 list. To keep you occupied. Of course I don't watch that crap...

I personally would love it if they showed more vintage games instead of only the most recent. The 1972 Divisional, the mad Bomber on Thanksgiving, old Cowboy-Redskin match ups, etc., I even loved watching hank Stramm and the Chief's in Super Bowl IV.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,618

Post#103 » by bmurph128 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:32 pm

Patriots, Steelers in the AFC

Seahawks, Cardinals, Packers, Panthers, Cowboys, Giants, Falcons in the NFC

I'm going with Giants/Steelers this year (for now). But I could realistically see any of those teams making the super bowl in the NFC...and the Buccaneers and Vikings could be pretty good too
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#104 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:12 pm

As far as predictions... I'll hold off for awhile. Never know what injuries creep up on a team you think is going to contend. God forbid your starting QB goes down in preseason after your primary backup is lost for the season and you are left with a untested rookie QB you drafted at the end of the 4th round to lead you until you hopefully get your starter back around mid seaso...

Something like that.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#105 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:32 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:As far as predictions... I'll hold off for awhile. Never know what injuries creep up on a team you think is going to contend. God forbid your starting QB goes down in preseason after your primary backup is lost for the season and you are left with a untested rookie QB you drafted at the end of the 4th round to lead you until you hopefully get your starter back around mid seaso...

Something like that.

Or Romo comes crawling back from the broadcast booth. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bmurph128
Lead Assistant

Post#106 » by bmurph128 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:44 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
NASE wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:I love your pick of the Ravens, but could you explain why?

Defense should be top 3 in the league. Also, if Wallace plays well again and Perriman finally breaks out the offense can be decent.

Just hoping the O-Line holds up and Ozzie signs another good FA.

Pats and Steelers are the only other real competitors and we've beaten both of them, or at least given them a good scare, in the playoffs. So anything can happen.

Good enough for me, though I'm not betting the farm on that Wallace and Perriman combo.

Honestly, the Ravens (and the Giants in the NFC) are a team you never need to give a reason for predicting them to make the super bowl. It's just kind of random and surprising, but at the same time not...if that makes sense..

But IMO, the Steelers have yet to actually play up to their potential with the offensive weapons they have...I think they're a cut above the Ravens.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant

Post#107 » by bmurph128 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:46 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:As far as predictions... I'll hold off for awhile. Never know what injuries creep up on a team you think is going to contend. God forbid your starting QB goes down in preseason after your primary backup is lost for the season and you are left with a untested rookie QB you drafted at the end of the 4th round to lead you until you hopefully get your starter back around mid seaso...

Something like that.

Or Russell Wilson is exposed for the average QB that he is, while the turmoil in the Seahawks locker room spill over and the entire defense finally admits that they cultivated a special PED, which is what has allowed them to so good over the years...or something like that... :D
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#108 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:47 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Something like that.

Crazier things have happened...

Well - no. They haven't.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#109 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:48 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Something like that.

Or Russell Wilson is exposed for the average QB that he is, while the turmoil in the Seahawks locker room spill over and the entire defense finally admits that they cultivated a special PED, which is what has allowed them to so good over the years...or something like that... :D

:lol: :lol:

Nice try!
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#110 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:51 pm

bmurph128 wrote:the entire defense finally admits that they cultivated a special PED, which is what has allowed them to so good over the years...or something like that... :D

That must be some really legit stuff! :lol:
bmurph128
Lead Assistant

Post#111 » by bmurph128 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Or Romo comes crawling back from the broadcast booth. :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Nice try!

Hey a guy can dream!
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,163

Post#112 » by Revived » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:16 pm

Green Bay and Pittsburgh.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#113 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 5, 2017 4:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Have the feeling we will be getting the 4th Cowboy - Steeler Super bowl.

I'm sticking with this pick.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#114 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Sep 8, 2017 1:21 am

Pittsburgh Steelers.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions

Return to The General NFL Board