Non-threadworthy UFC Events Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Re: Non-threadworthy UFC Events Thread 

Post#41 » by AirCanadaMouse » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:51 pm

REDDzone wrote:I'll never like fighters who stand over or otherwise taunt their KOed/concussed opponents. I'll be excited to watch Khalil Rountree get smashed when he fights someone I've heard of.

Come on... Paul Craig is not only a terrible fighter but he's an absolute jerk. His whole beef with Stevie Ray pissed me off, calling a dude out for financial trouble that he had in the past. Just petty.

In fact, I just became a Rountree fan. Craig was saying how Khalil had no chance to KO him, well... so much for that. LOL. It was a perfect celebration. Very fitting.
Thank you Clutch0z24
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Post#42 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:08 am

Those Felder elbows :o
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#43 » by Bernman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:24 am

Nelson's suspect striking d still exists. He's too aloof. I think that's always going to be his downfall when it comes to getting to the top. He's offensively gifted, but defensively not so much.

Ponzinibbio was the guy to take advantage of it. Sharp counter-striker who is never out of a fight or exchange. He has sort of the opposite problem. He's almost too fiery. But it's easier to dial that down than up.

Felder has looked visually great since joining Roufus', although the competition hasn't been stellar. He was a dog today. Always good in the clinch in the clinch and he's vicious. Elbows from top are my jam, because you can shorten your arm and get through tight guard. Hardy is right that they're underused overall in mma (not that they are rare). I'm always thinking a guy should fire off elbows over the unders along the cage. Always liked Felder's potential. Maybe he's finally putting it together, but have to see against a striker who moves a lot and fights off rhythm, or a particularly good grappler. Maybe he could fight Leonardo Santos. Then be the next Chuck Norris.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#44 » by REDDzone » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:56 pm

AirCanadaMouse wrote:
REDDzone wrote:I'll never like fighters who stand over or otherwise taunt their KOed/concussed opponents. I'll be excited to watch Khalil Rountree get smashed when he fights someone I've heard of.

Come on... Paul Craig is not only a terrible fighter but he's an absolute jerk. His whole beef with Stevie Ray pissed me off, calling a dude out for financial trouble that he had in the past. Just petty.

In fact, I just became a Rountree fan. Craig was saying how Khalil had no chance to KO him, well... so much for that. LOL. It was a perfect celebration. Very fitting.

Yea I have no idea who Paul Craig is or what he's said in the past. Its actually pretty irrelevant to me. Unless you are a scumbag like Michael Johnson who sh*t talks people's family before fights, I think any smacktalk is fair game for promotion. I'm fine with hostility after a fight as well, but standing over or taunting concussed opponents is a scumbag move.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter

Post#45 » by AirCanadaMouse » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:46 pm

REDDzone wrote:
AirCanadaMouse wrote:

Yea I have no idea who Paul Craig is or what he's said in the past. Its actually pretty irrelevant to me. Unless you are a scumbag like Michael Johnson who sh*t talks people's family before fights, I think any smacktalk is fair game for promotion. I'm fine with hostility after a fight as well, but standing over or taunting concussed opponents is a scumbag move.

Well he did make fun of Stevie for not being able to support his kids. Khalil is a really nice guy from what I saw on TUF too. I didn't mind it when MJ did the same thing against Dustin tbh lol
Thank you Clutch0z24
AirCanadaMouse
Starter

Post#46 » by AirCanadaMouse » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Also I saw the picture and Gunnar has every right to complain about the eye pokes
Thank you Clutch0z24
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#47 » by REDDzone » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:52 pm

AirCanadaMouse wrote:Well he did make fun of Stevie for not being able to support his kids. Khalil is a really nice guy from what I saw on TUF too. I didn't mind it when MJ did the same thing against Dustin tbh lol

I don't watch TUF or know who Stevie is.

MJ did his scumbaggery vs Dustin after the fight when Dustin was KOed just like Rountree did. I was referring to the Gaetche pre-fight talk when he was calling him and his family inbred.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,826

Post#48 » by Jasen777 » Sat Aug 5, 2017 11:31 pm

UFC FN 114: Little Pettis vs. Moreno

It's not threadworthy since no one made a thread for it.

Fox sports prelims and main card starting at 8 EST

Main event could be a flyweight title eliminator. Plus Rashad will probably get knocked out.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#49 » by Susan » Sun Aug 6, 2017 4:20 am

Should re-name this to non-streamworthy UFC events.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,723

Post#50 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Aug 6, 2017 4:30 am

Decent night of fights so far. I'll take Pettis in Round 3.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#51 » by REDDzone » Sun Aug 6, 2017 9:40 pm

Glad to see Sergio won. I know everyone on here hates his brother for whatever reason but I promise you that Serge is as nice a kid as you will ever meet. Truly a genuinely nice human being.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#52 » by REDDzone » Sun Aug 6, 2017 9:41 pm

I have pretty thick skin but hearing Snoop dog called DC a bitch for crying has me a little triggered right now.

Guessing snoop couldn't handle being pajama wrestled, much less have a late stoppage MMA loss vs the likes of Jon Jones.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#53 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:31 am

REDDzone wrote:Glad to see Sergio won. I know everyone on here hates his brother for whatever reason but I promise you that Serge is as nice a kid as you will ever meet. Truly a genuinely nice human being.

He does seem really awesome, it's true.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#54 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:37 am

REDDzone wrote:I have pretty thick skin but hearing Snoop dog called DC a bitch for crying has me a little triggered right now.

Guessing snoop couldn't handle being pajama wrestled, much less have a late stoppage MMA loss vs the likes of Jon Jones.

Get rid of this piece of ****.

I have heard that he is a disrespectful piece of garbage on whatever it is he and Uriah commentate. Who needs this? It's just the fact he's Snoop that we let him get away with it.

It's condescending that we give him this leash to act without accord. Like he's a precocious child or some old man racist.

It's not like he's clever. The stands are filled with guys at any fight show that do nothing but jeer and mock fighters. Hey, let's employ one of them?
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#55 » by Susan » Mon Aug 7, 2017 4:07 am

REDDzone wrote:Glad to see Sergio won. I know everyone on here hates his brother for whatever reason but I promise you that Serge is as nice a kid as you will ever meet. Truly a genuinely nice human being.

Nobody hates anybody. Bernman is just so easy to troll that it has to happen.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,826

Post#56 » by Jasen777 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 4:27 am

Susan wrote:Nobody hates anybody. Bernman is just so easy to troll that it has to happen.

IDK, I hate a lot of people.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#57 » by Bernman » Mon Aug 7, 2017 4:40 am

Susan wrote:

Nobody hates anybody. Bernman is just so easy to troll that it has to happen.

I'm not really, it's just that for example when someone is accused of taking steroids with little evidence or logic behind it, and if anything has had his career (life eventually probably) in part derailed by facing another guy with actual legit suspicion, it warrants a counter from somebody. If it just sits out there it influences people and becomes perception. If you're trolling it should be benign. You shouldn't be just trying to get a rise out of somebody, regardless of the expense, or you got the problem.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter

Post#58 » by AirCanadaMouse » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:54 pm

Sam Alvey is the most boring fighter on the roster. If Dana cut Jared Roseholt for being boring then he needs to do the same with Alvey. I think Rashad won that fight but I'm not even going to say he got robbed. He had no urgency and the desire is gone. Sad to see because he is a true HOFer.

I don't care if he's a likable guy.... Sam Alvey sucks.
Thank you Clutch0z24
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,892
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#59 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:41 am

I really liked Pettis a lot before the little things he did leading up to, and after the fight with Max. Bad look for him, so now I'm just sort of indifferent.

I just think it's funny to make fun of him, because his team of lawyers post here :lol: I love y'all though, this is one of the few good boards left on RealGM :P
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Bernman
RealGM

Post#60 » by Bernman » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:54 am

AirCanadaMouse wrote:Sam Alvey is the most boring fighter on the roster. If Dana cut Jared Roseholt for being boring then he needs to do the same with Alvey. I think Rashad won that fight but I'm not even going to say he got robbed. He had no urgency and the desire is gone. Sad to see because he is a true HOFer.

I don't care if he's a likable guy.... Sam Alvey sucks.

Rosholt was coming off a loss. Alvey is coming off a win (thought it was a pretty straight-forward 29-28 and fwiw he won a high majority of media cards too) and has won 5 of 6.

Alvey was known as an entertaining fighter with a good finish and war rate into the middle of his ufc career. Rosholt was always boring wrestler guy.

Lately, opponents have figured out Alvey is counter-centric, unathletic, but powerful. So they've fought him outside and very cautious. You go up the ladder and more guys just fight to win or not lose.

He's also been gunshy as the aggressor the last few fights. Those fights he's contributed to boringness, but big picture I don't know if he's even boring, let alone most boring.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts