ImageImageImage

Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#421 » by RJM » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:49 pm

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-sp-miami-heat-chris-quinn-20170716-story.html

While first-round pick Bam Adebayo was held out of the final three games of summer league, as often is the case with lottery picks, the work behind the scenes left Quinn encouraged about the next steps the big man out of Kentucky soon will be taking with assistant coach Juwan Howard.

"I think the seven games he played was a great first step as an NBA player," Quinn said. "He did everything we asked. He showed us a skill set that is very versatile. He was able to do things that maybe he hadn't done as much.

"But more importantly, he completely bought in to our player-development program. He's listening to Coach Juwan every single day and he's really been great to work with. His attitude and his work ethic have been amazing, which, for a guy with his talent, is most important."

THIS. IS. GOOD.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,759

Post#422 » by KingDavid » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:02 pm

RJM wrote:http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-sp-miami-heat-chris-quinn-20170716-story.html

While first-round pick Bam Adebayo was held out of the final three games of summer league, as often is the case with lottery picks, the work behind the scenes left Quinn encouraged about the next steps the big man out of Kentucky soon will be taking with assistant coach Juwan Howard.

"I think the seven games he played was a great first step as an NBA player," Quinn said. "He did everything we asked. He showed us a skill set that is very versatile. He was able to do things that maybe he hadn't done as much.

"But more importantly, he completely bought in to our player-development program. He's listening to Coach Juwan every single day and he's really been great to work with. His attitude and his work ethic have been amazing, which, for a guy with his talent, is most important."

THIS. IS. GOOD.

The season is so very far away
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,356

Post#423 » by Bishop45 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:09 am

Hook-hed Howard
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,526

Post#424 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:27 pm

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,164

Post#425 » by Heat3 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:56 pm

Not one summer league award. Time to cut our losses.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

RJM
General Manager

Post#426 » by RJM » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:54 am

Heat3 wrote:Not one summer league award. Time to cut our losses.

Proposal: Trade him for a future second rounder (#59) and include $10m in cash considerations.
RJM
General Manager

Post#427 » by RJM » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Jay-Z's timing is impeccable. First the Bam signing, then the OJ Parole?
Darkstar
Junior
And1: 97

Post#428 » by Darkstar » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:24 am

RJM wrote:http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-sp-miami-heat-chris-quinn-20170716-story.html

THIS. IS. GOOD.

I didn't initially feel very good about this pick but stuff like this gives me a better feeling about Bam. Good attitude, and work ethic, just wish his BBIQ was higher.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#429 » by Bishop45 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:54 pm

“We don’t care about positions. We don’t care about conventional boxes, where players fit in. We may play, who knows, five guys over 6-9 next year in certain segments of a game without a point guard, and make teams adjust to us. You have to have guys that have ability, have skill sets and we look forward to learning more about Bam’s game.”

Rest in Power Chadwick

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#430 » by KingDavid » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
“We don’t care about positions. We don’t care about conventional boxes, where players fit in. We may play, who knows, five guys over 6-9 next year in certain segments of a game without a point guard, and make teams adjust to us. You have to have guys that have ability, have skill sets and we look forward to learning more about Bam’s game.”

What in the **** does that moron think we have on our roster?
#HEATLifer

Bishop45
RealGM

Post#431 » by Bishop45 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:03 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Idk lol, maybe that's why we have 5 C's on the roster. Spo can play Olynyk at the 1, Bam at the 2, Mickey at the 3, Hammons at the 4 and Hassan at 5 lmao

I would like it if he met halfway with this and let Winslow play the 1, Mickey play the 3 and Olynyk/Bam or Bam/Whiteside play 4/5

Rest in Power Chadwick

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#432 » by KingDavid » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Bam needs to be our backup center until we get one in a trade or until he grows into it. Kelly isn't a center. Not even a backup.
#HEATLifer

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#433 » by KingDavid » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:14 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Idk lol, maybe that's why we have 5 C's on the roster. Spo can play Olynyk at the 1, Bam at the 2, Mickey at the 3, Hammons at the 4 and Hassan at 5 lmao

I would like it if he met halfway with this and let Winslow play the 1, Mickey play the 3 and Olynyk/Bam or Bam/Whiteside play 4/5

Bam/Hassan can't work until we get Mcgruder back. I'm all for play Winslow at point, but he needs Mcgruder at SF.

Mickey might be able to plug in at SF, but he would need to lose a very large amount of weight. Hell, that could be holding him back
#HEATLifer

leoshes
Veteran
And1: 5,437

Post#434 » by leoshes » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Either play Bam, or send him to the G League so he can get some burn. At the same time it will make the G League more fun to watch.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,406

Post#435 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Bam next to Kelly should be a really nice fit, Can't understand why we're not trying it.

Kelly good on offense, can shoot from outside, Bam quick on defense, can be a lob threat.

Is it really that complicated to see :smh:
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#436 » by KingDavid » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:31 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Bam next to Kelly should be a really nice fit, Can't understand why we're not trying it.

Kelly good on offense, can shoot from outside, Bam quick on defense, can be a lob threat.

Bam may not be showing a high level of discipline in practice on that end. That had to be the reason, yet, if it were, he'd be in the g league.
#HEATLifer

Bishop45
RealGM

Post#437 » by Bishop45 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:54 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:What in the **** does that moron think we have on our roster?

Bam/Hassan can't work until we get Mcgruder back. I'm all for play Winslow at point, but he needs Mcgruder at SF.

Mickey might be able to plug in at SF, but he would need to lose a very large amount of weight. Hell, that could be holding him back

Yea' looks like we're going to have to get Ellington out the paint and then one of TJ or Rich afterwards unless we could finally find good off-ball roles for both

Rest in Power Chadwick

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,129

Post#438 » by twix2500 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:06 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Bam next to Kelly should be a really nice fit, Can't understand why we're not trying it.

line ups gonna change a lot more times up until All-Star break.
ndnow
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#439 » by ndnow » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:52 am

twix2500 wrote:

line ups gonna change a lot more times up until All-Star break.

You should put this on a resume and send it to Pat :D
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#440 » by gom » Sat Dec 9, 2017 4:06 am

I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^

Return to Miami Heat