Rockets Looking Forward To Playing James Harden, Chris Paul Off-Ball

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rockets Looking Forward To Playing James Harden, Chris Paul Off-Ball 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:42 pm

James Harden is looking forward to sharing the floor with Chris Paul. Both players have grown accustomed to playing with the ball in their hands but they will each have less responsibilities playing with each other.

"The last 13 years, he's had to dominate the ball so much because he didn't have somebody to help create plays for him," Harden said. "I know how I felt the last five years the same way, having to dominate the ball. It feels good to get a catch-and-shoot opportunity or to just run the floor and not have to worry about having to make a play every possession.

"It's going to be fun. There's no point guard, no shooting guard. We just go out there and make plays and make our team better."

Harden played a big role in convincing Paul to join the Rockets.

Via Jonathan Feigen/Houston Chronicle

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Rockets Looking Forward To Playing James Harden, Chris Paul Off-Ball 

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:40 am

Dangerous thoughts
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#3 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:14 am

Melo can be Houston's point forward in D'Antoni's system. Just ask Melo and he'll tell ya.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,189

Post#4 » by cedric76 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:42 am

Just can't wait for them to fail

Sent from my SM-A310F using RealGM mobile app
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#5 » by bringinhinkie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:39 am

cedric76 wrote:Just can't wait for them to fail

Sent from my SM-A310F using RealGM mobile app

Prepare to be disappointed

That team will be fire .. 2nd best in the league
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#6 » by Donnyxc » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:38 pm

I honestly think this will help Harden on the defensive end too. He's going to be a lot less burdened offensively to make plays on every possession, so he can start to focus more on his defensive identity.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#7 » by MitchB3 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:45 pm

So are they looking for a new coach? Throwing away analytics? Because all these moves, and I can already smell chemistry issues.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#8 » by bringinhinkie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:28 pm

MitchB3 wrote:So are they looking for a new coach? Throwing away analytics? Because all these moves, and I can already smell chemistry issues.

legit superstars adjust

harden and cp3 are two guys on a very very short list of actual superstars

superstar = a guy that can lead an otherwise meh cast to 50+ wins.. a guy that makes everyone better.. a leader

these two guys and lebron are the only guys that 100% can/have accomplish(ed) this definition.. can probably say kawhi too after last season, then again he has pop

people love to scream: ANTHONY DAVIS (consistently on a ~34 win team).. KEVIN DURANT (never had the chance, but perhaps could do it), RUSSELL WESTBROOK (he is damn close.. 47wins last year).. PAUL GEORGE (~40 wins last few years), RON BAKER (not yet, probably after next season), etc etc

Superstar =/= perrenial all star
Superstar =/= most popular players
Superstar =/= guys who kill it in fantasy
MitchB3
Starter

Post#9 » by MitchB3 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:26 pm

bringinhinkie wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:So are they looking for a new coach? Throwing away analytics? Because all these moves, and I can already smell chemistry issues.

legit superstars adjust

superstar = a guy that can lead an otherwise meh cast to 50+ wins.. a guy that makes everyone better.. a leader

these two guys and lebron are the only guys that 100% can/have accomplish(ed) this definition.. can probably say kawhi too after last season, then again he has pop

people love to scream: ANTHONY DAVIS (consistently on a ~34 win team).. KEVIN DURANT (never had the chance, but perhaps could do it), RUSSELL WESTBROOK (he is damn close.. 47wins last year).. PAUL GEORGE (~40 wins last few years), RON BAKER (not yet, probably after next season), etc etc

Your definition of a superstar is weak. It's not always about winning games, if you're winning against teams your suppose to beat then then that doesn't really count. CP0 had always led his to at least 50+ wins but when the playoffs came around he was no where do found or was getting injured. So, does he really count as a superstar? I mean by your definition then yes. Harden on the other hand is ascending to that level, he just needs to stop going M.I.A when it matter most. He did it against Miami in 2011 or 2012 I believe and he did it again a couple more times when the Rockets made the playoffs, and more importantly he did it last season. This team isn't going no where if they don't get of Mike Antoni, and get a coach that can bring out what each of them does best or else we may have seen the last of CP0 as a "Superstar"
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#10 » by bringinhinkie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:10 pm

MitchB3 wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:

legit superstars adjust

Your definition of a superstar is weak. It's not always about winning games, if you're winning against teams your suppose to beat then then that doesn't really count. CP0 had always led his to at least 50+ wins but when the playoffs came around he was no where do found or was getting injured. So, does he really count as a superstar? I mean by your definition then yes. Harden on the other hand is ascending to that level, he just needs to stop going M.I.A when it matter most. He did it against Miami in 2011 or 2012 I believe and he did it again a couple more times when the Rockets made the playoffs, and more importantly he did it last season. This team isn't going no where if they don't get of Mike Antoni, and get a coach that can bring out what each of them does best or else we may have seen the last of CP0 as a "Superstar"

or maybe your memory is weak and you are on the anti-cp3 bandwagon from posting on realgm

"nowhere to be found"

good try though

keep hating on the 2nd best player of the lebron era (by far)

the postseason exposed his teammates, not him
MitchB3
Starter

Post#11 » by MitchB3 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:37 pm

bringinhinkie wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:
legit superstars adjust

or maybe your memory is weak and you are on the anti-cp3 bandwagon from posting on realgm

"nowhere to be found"

good try though

keep hating on the 2nd best player of the lebron era (by far)

the postseason exposed his teammates, not him

He's not the 2nd best player of the LeBron era, because if he was the second best player then he would have made it to Conference Finals, and the NBA Finals; he hasn't done that. There was a list at the end of game 7 this year that showed Paul had played in 65+ game without a conference Finals appearance so how exactly is he the "2nd Best player"? I once believed in the hype of Paul, but I got off when I realize this man is more about getting his money, and blaming others for his inability to lead. The Clippers were one of the best talented team in the league yet, somehow no one wants to blame Paul, they want to blame Blake and Doc but gloss over the fact that this "2nd best player of LeBron era" hasn't gotten the job done. He's all bark and no bit.

The one time the NBA tried to help him make the WCF he couldn't close the deal and like all the other times, it everyone else's fault but Paul.

Return to Wiretap Discussion