ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

-G-
Analyst
And1: 2,122

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1761 » by -G- » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:38 am

dakomish23 wrote:
-G- wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
I'm never happy. I'm a Knicks fans. Package deal.

Allowed? Say whatever you want. Just think it's ridiculous when fan of a team who is worse than us is actually coming here predicting we will be terrible and need to sign some kid to make our team worth watching.

Didn't know people were so sensitive. Good luck this season, I hope you make the playoffs!

I love how whenever you challenge someone on what they said, these posters call it being sensitive. If anything you're being sensitive that I disagree with your premise.

You don't have a firm grasp on your own team's reality to talk about another team needing a reason to watch. We got KP and a few other young guys we can look forward to developing this year.

I like how I'm not supposed to say you guys are going to be terrible (assuming Melo gets traded) because I'm a Lakers fan, as if somehow the team I root for has some bearing on my assessment of other teams. You guys are going to be awful regardless of how good or bad the team I root for is. At least you're in the East so you can pretend to have hope, though.

Now go check my post history and tell me about my "grasp on my own team's reality."

Signing off, good bye Knicks forum!
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1762 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:13 am

-G- wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
-G- wrote:
Didn't know people were so sensitive. Good luck this season, I hope you make the playoffs!

I love how whenever you challenge someone on what they said, these posters call it being sensitive. If anything you're being sensitive that I disagree with your premise.

You don't have a firm grasp on your own team's reality to talk about another team needing a reason to watch. We got KP and a few other young guys we can look forward to developing this year.

I like how I'm not supposed to say you guys are going to be terrible (assuming Melo gets traded) because I'm a Lakers fan, as if somehow the team I root for has some bearing on my assessment of other teams. You guys are going to be awful regardless of how good or bad the team I root for is. At least you're in the East so you can pretend to have hope, though.

Now go check my post history and tell me about my "grasp on my own team's reality."

Do many Knicks fans go to other boards of teams who suck and talk about why they should have a reason to watch their team?

Who cares what conference we play in or your team plays. Both teams suck.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Post#1763 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:32 am

dakomish23 wrote:
-G- wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Do many Knicks fans go to other boards of teams who suck and talk about why they should have a reason to watch their team?

Lakers finally have a reason to begin to hope with Ball and seemingly a FO that isn't incompetent and their fans are already getting cocky. I was trying to remember why it was so pleasing the Lakers sucked for a while; now I remember.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1764 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:37 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
-G- wrote:

Lakers finally have a reason to begin to hope with Ball and seemingly a FO that isn't incompetent and their fans are already getting cocky. I was trying to remember why it was so pleasing the Lakers sucked for a while; now I remember.

Seriously. These fans get a whiff of fresh air after being garbage for so long and they get reallly smug.

Remember last year when these CHA fans came to the board and were bashing our team after one season of being ok? Funny that they didn't come back all season :lol:

The wort now are BKN fans. I like what Marks is doing but they are getting pretty bold for a team with a 41-123 record over the last two seasons.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#1765 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:21 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Seriously. These fans get a whiff of fresh air after being garbage for so long and they get reallly smug.

Remember last year when these CHA fans came to the board and were bashing our team after one season of being ok? Funny that they didn't come back all season :lol:

The wort now are BKN fans. I like what Marks is doing but they are getting pretty bold for a team with a 41-123 record over the last two seasons.

Lucky for them being an LA team and being the Lakers carries a ton of weight with free agents unlike New York and the Knicks do because the cold weather/winters hurt us as a free agent destination unlike that LA weather and our ownership has hurt the Knicks name.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,373
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1766 » by BKlutch » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:42 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
-G- wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Good job - you got rid of him!

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,373
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1767 » by BKlutch » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:43 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Remember their first season when they put a billboard right near MSG? They started out at the bottom in attitude. That's why I laughed so hard when their new players all got old and died on them.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,105

Post#1768 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:47 am

I wonder if we can get T.Fraizer or Ish Smith for a small asset. Either one of them would be enough for our young team.
M.Chalmers and T.Burke looks like good targets for FA PG's too.

Perry should look for those kind of cheap, short contracts for PG.
el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#1769 » by el13adnino » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:09 am

i want dj augustine, he had a good season last year
:crazy:
Rodimus921
Veteran
And1: 101

Post#1770 » by Rodimus921 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:15 pm

I don't understand why Knicks can't just start Frank just like they threw Porzingis in the fire.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#1771 » by boomann21 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Rodimus921 wrote:I don't understand why Knicks can't just start Frank just like they threw Porzingis in the fire.

Point guards have different training than PF's and C's. You have to be an extension of the coach on the court and it usually takes one year of seasoning before a young Poing guard can really contribute on a consistent basis.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#1772 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:05 am

boomann21 wrote:
Rodimus921 wrote:I don't understand why Knicks can't just start Frank just like they threw Porzingis in the fire.

Point guards have different training than PF's and C's. You have to be an extension of the coach on the court and it usually takes one year of seasoning before a young Poing guard can really contribute on a consistent basis.

The only thing we have to protect against is confidence. I think that we should be starting Frank alongside another pg or a sg that can initiate the offense. Lee may be ideal for that role.

I also think that Knight would be great for our team seeing as he had success with Jeff earlier in his career. I don't really want to take on that contract without a sweetener though and Suns are not about adding those last win now pieces so a deal would have to involve multiple teams.

I like the idea of adding Foye now that I see his name on the list. I heard great things from the Brooklyn media people about his role as a veteran around the team.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#1773 » by mugzi » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:37 pm

-G- wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
-G- wrote:

On behalf of this forum we wish you Gonorrhea this year!
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#1774 » by Grover » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:46 am

Does anyone have any information on the other two teams involved in the proposed Melo trade to Houston? The Jazz board seemed to believe it was coming and when I look at their starters I figure Anderson might fit better with Rubio and Gobert better than most teams. I guessed that the Suns were the other team for their potential cap space but there are several other teams that could potentially be in the mix.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,328

Post#1775 » by drekwins » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Wiggins is about to get a 5 year extension for over 150 mill. Y'all still mad at THJs contract? Some of these extensions ya'll see over the next couple of years are going to be nuts.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1776 » by Greenie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:07 pm

drekwins wrote:Wiggins is about to get a 5 year extension for over 150 mill. Y'all still mad at THJs contract? Some of these extensions ya'll see over the next couple of years are going to be nuts.

I'm trying to tell people.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1777 » by Greenie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:07 pm

Trey Burke please.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,421

Post#1778 » by JXL » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:37 pm

Read on Twitter

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl2:
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#1779 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:59 pm

el13adnino wrote:i want dj augustine, he had a good season last year

You can have him for a bag of chips.
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Post#1780 » by TankCommander17 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:08 pm

drekwins wrote:Wiggins is about to get a 5 year extension for over 150 mill. Y'all still mad at THJs contract? Some of these extensions ya'll see over the next couple of years are going to be nuts.

Yes because it was an unnecessary gamble for a guy who doesn't project to be a star.

Return to New York Knicks