ImageImageImage

Carlos Correa

RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Carlos Correa 

Post#1 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Aug 2, 2015 3:11 pm

How good is this kid?!

Correa hit a solo home run to left in the first inning and a two-run blast to right in the sixth, becoming the first shortstop in more than a century to collect 12 home runs by their 46th game in the majors.

For a historical perspective it’s important to note that eight home runs was the previous high by a shortstop through the first 46 games of a career. Hall of Famer Ernie Banks, Nomar Garciaparra, and Geoff Blum all had eight home runs through the first 46 games of their respective careers, tying for the previous high for a shortstop.

HOUSTON -- As Astros manager A.J. Hinch put it after Saturday's 9-2 win over the D-backs, it takes a man to go opposite field.

Carlos Correa is a man.

Correa continued his astronomical ascent up the baseball hierarchy, achieving the first multihomer game of his two-month old career, the second blast going to the opposite field into the right-field bleachers.

Because the opposite-field power is nothing new to Hinch, he was more impressed with Correa's first dinger, a sinking liner he snuck just inside the foul pole and into the left-field Crawford Boxes.

"To keep it fair was really impressive," Hinch said. "An offspeed pitch where he was sort of fooled and stayed through the ball, which showed some strength. And then the opposite-field home run, you've got to be a man to go oppo, and at 20, he's showing that pretty routinely."

His 12 homers in his first 46 games is an Astros record, surpassing George Springer's 10. Correa is only the ninth rookie since 2000 to have as many home runs in that span.

"I never look at stats," Correa said. "I just look at a way where I can help my team win games and every single day I go out there to perform and help my team win games. That's the bottom line. I try to go out there to perform and to help my team win and do my best out there."

Talk to veterans in the clubhouse and they'll all say it's that maturity and grace coupled with the constant praising of other teammates that sets Correa apart from other rookies.

He was struggling the last couple weeks going into the break(as was basically our entire lineup), but he's really turned it on since then.

It's not just his ability as a hitter either, his defense is excellent and he has a hell of an arm. I love watching this dude play. Only 20 years old and already making a case for being the best SS in all of baseball(along with Tulowitzki). The Astros have something really special with him and I look forward to seeing him dominate the league for the next 10-15 years.

I really, really can't wait for Springer to get back out there! Holy tits they're going to be fun to watch.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Re: Carlos Correa 

Post#2 » by Mr. E » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:00 pm

The Correa/Springer/Altuve core could really become something special.

Having good pitching at this point is just amazing!

The team is at least a year, maybe two, ahead of schedule.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#3 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:03 pm

Happy 21st Carlos! Hope you get to celebrate it with another win!

:beer:
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#4 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:12 pm

This dude is pretty awesome on and off the field:

On his way to the ballpark before Monday's 6-3 win, Correa stopped off at Houston Christian School, where he surprised Astros fan Neil Kerrigan, and wished him a happy 18th birthday.

Correa first met Kerrigan a few weeks ago when he was at Minute Maid Park to watch batting practice, as part of his birthday celebration. Correa asked Kerrigan, who is suffering from a brain tumor, when his actual birthday is.

Correa sensed Kerrigan didn't take his promise to remember his birthday too seriously, so he decided to take it a step further. Correa got a cake and delivered it to the high school, while Kerrigan and his friends were eating lunch.

Kerrigan had no idea Correa was planning to show up.

"When he saw me, he was like, 'What is going on?'" Correa said. "His family was really happy. His siblings were just telling me how much they appreciate the fact I was able to go there and bring him a cake and sing Happy Birthday. It was a pretty special moment, not only for him, but for me as well."

For Correa, a rookie who has emerged as one of baseball's top young stars three years after he was selected No. 1 overall by the Astros in the Draft, taking a few minutes to reach out to a young fan facing enormous challenges is simply part of what it means to be a professional athlete.

It's a practice he plans to continue throughout his career.

"I came from nothing," Correa said. "I came from working my way to where I am. I know how it feels when there's someone you admire do those kinds of things for you. Every time I can put a smile on a kid's face it means a lot to me. That's what I will work for the rest of my career, to be a good player and a good citizen as well."

:clap:

http://m.astros.mlb.com/news/article/150923572/astros-carlos-correa-celebrates-fans-birthday
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#5 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:56 am

Correa wins the AL Rookie of the Year Award!

The Astros' Carlos Correa beat out fellow shortstop Francisco Lindor for the American League Rookie of the Year Award, presented by the Baseball Writers' Association of America. Correa earned 17 first-place votes to Lindor's 13.

The youngest position player in the big leagues at age 20 for much of the season, Correa hit .279 with 22 home runs, 22 doubles, 68 RBIs, 14 stolen bases and a .857 OPS in only 99 games. Among AL rookies with at least 400 plate appearances, he ranked first in homers, slugging (.512) and OPS, while ranking second in RBIs and on-base percentage (.345) and third in batting average.

:clap:
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#6 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:57 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/astros/status/666402613814890497[/tweet]
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#7 » by Mr. E » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:33 pm

And he is just getting started!
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#8 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Jun 5, 2016 1:01 am

Read on Twitter
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#9 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun May 28, 2017 1:54 am

Yeaaaaaaaaaa....

Read on Twitter
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#10 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 3:52 am

He's pretty good, guys.

Serial.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#11 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 11:59 pm

8-)

Read on Twitter
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#12 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:18 pm

Correa out 6-8 weeks...

:cry:

http://m.astros.mlb.com/news/article/242740676/astros-place-carlos-correa-on-disabled-list/

HOUSTON -- The Astros were dealt a major blow Tuesday when it was revealed All-Star shortstop Carlos Correa would be lost for six to eight weeks with a torn ligament in his left thumb. Correa will undergo surgery at a later date.

Correa left Monday's 9-7 loss to the Mariners in the fourth inning after injuring the thumb on a swing. He originally hurt the thumb sliding headfirst into the plate in Atlanta on July 4. Correa said the thumb continued to bother him into the following series in Toronto and through the All-Star Game, which he started for the American League.
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#13 » by zapatasblood » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:33 pm

position players dropping like flies
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once

Return to Houston Astros