ImageImage

2017 FF Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

2017 FF Thread 

Post#1 » by M-C-G » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:00 pm

Let's get some discussion going on fantasy football, guys you have your eye on, your sleepers, your keepers and your bleepers

I'll start with a tough question, of the guys below, which won would you lock in to a three year contract as a keeper and why? PPR league with pretty standard scoring format.

Jay Ajayi, Dez Bryant, Sammy Watkins, Doug Baldwin, Edelman, Derrick Henry and I'll add one more Martavis Bryant

Jay Ajayi scares the crap out of me, can't see him being healthy enough to be worth keeping
Dez, really has become so TD dependent
Watkins, foot problems, inconsistent QB play, but an awesome talent
Doug, the least heralded WR1 in the league
Edelman, injuries are mounting
Henry, I love this dude and I looked up Demarco Murray's contract, this is the last year with guaranteed money on it, so could see if he slips at all this year, they cut Murray after the season, this makes Henry a guy that I am going after in every draft with keepers
Martavis is an interesting case, he puts up video game numbers like Josh Gordon but hasn't been able to stay out of his own way and is one more strike away from being out of the league, but I also think he has a very good chance at being the number one scoring option on this list over the next three years

Thoughts?
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Re: 2017 FF Thread 

Post#2 » by RiotPunch » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:17 am

Golden Tate, although I loathe him, is being pretty under-drafted in mocks I've seen. Same with Bilal Powell and Pierre Garcon.

RB depth seems pretty solid, so if Johnson, Bell, Elliott are gone I'd certainly go WR off the bat.

Don't trust Dez Bryant or Amari Cooper after last year... Carr just loves Crabtree so much in the red zone and Prescott didn't ever develop much of a rapport with Dez, both things could change this year but I am not gonna be the guy betting on it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,541

Post#3 » by Profound23 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:31 pm

The big question is how long will Zeke be suspended for? Next, how far will that allow him to fall?

Last year I took Leveon Bell earlier than most would and it paid off......would do the same for Zeke if put in that position this year.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#4 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:03 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
Don't trust Dez Bryant or Amari Cooper after last year... Carr just loves Crabtree so much in the red zone and Prescott didn't ever develop much of a rapport with Dez, both things could change this year but I am not gonna be the guy betting on it.

Cooper was playing injured the second half of last year. First 8 games he was on pace for a 1400 yard season, but numbers were way down in the next 8 games. So he is a guy that I think might be slightly undervalued this year.

Dez is so damn touchdown dependent, I really struggle with the notion of prioritizing him, given his injury history and now age (hard to believe he'll be 29 this season. But he did have his best yards per reception of his career and his TD per game were still pretty solid (was on a 10 TD per 16 game pace last year which is low for him, but still pretty solid, and was on a 12 TD pace per 16G over the second half of the season)
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#5 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:05 pm

Profound23 wrote:The big question is how long will Zeke be suspended for? Next, how far will that allow him to fall?

Last year I took Leveon Bell earlier than most would and it paid off......would do the same for Zeke if put in that position this year.

Agreed, the key is getting that handcuff that can be productive and protect you, like Deangelo did for Bell owners last year. With Dallas, wouldn't be surprised to see any of those back ups emerge, but could see Alfred Morris be pretty productive if Zeke is out 4-6 weeks.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#6 » by Gianstoppable » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:14 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Profound23 wrote:The big question is how long will Zeke be suspended for? Next, how far will that allow him to fall?

Agreed, the key is getting that handcuff that can be productive and protect you, like Deangelo did for Bell owners last year. With Dallas, wouldn't be surprised to see any of those back ups emerge, but could see Alfred Morris be pretty productive if Zeke is out 4-6 weeks.

No way Zeke is suspended for more than a couple games IMO
#FreeChuckDiesel
Profound23
RealGM

Post#7 » by Profound23 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:17 pm

They said Zeke was already in line for a 2 game suspension before his latest run in. Think he gets 4 games, maybe appeals cut it to 2 or 3.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#8 » by Profound23 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:18 pm

Mike Williams may require back surgery and end up missing his entire rookie season.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,049

Post#9 » by MVP2110 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:32 pm

Ok so dynasty question for you guys. Would you trade AJ Green for Derrick Henry? All of our rosters carry over year to year so pretty much only rookies are available during the draft.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#10 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:48 pm

MVP2110 wrote:Ok so dynasty question for you guys. Would you trade AJ Green for Derrick Henry? All of our rosters carry over year to year so pretty much only rookies are available during the draft.

I'll just say that I personally think Derick Henry after this season, is going to be one of the most coveted keepers. The fact that Demarco has no gtd money after this season, makes me think they'll time share this year and then it is Henry's show after. Trying to decide if I keep him, or keep another WR (three WR league) and then draft him very early to make sure I get him, so I can keep him going forward (we sign three year contracts, so I could sign him this year, but I think his value really starts after Demarco is gone)
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#11 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

No way Zeke is suspended for more than a couple games IMO

Yeah, like profound said, I think he is at risk of them combining the two suspensions. I have no idea though.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#12 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Can we make a gentlemen's agreement, that before you ask a question this year, you have to answer a question?
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by MVP2110 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:01 pm

M-C-G wrote:Can we make a gentlemen's agreement, that before you ask a question this year, you have to answer a question?

That seems fair, to answer your question from before I would sign Ajayi to the three year contract. His health long term scares me but solid rbs are alot harder to find than decent wrs imo. I would think he will hold up at least the three years, what actually scares me more last year was that he got most of his points in just 3 games.

To provide more detail on mine, we have 38 team rosters, and keep 35. We have IDPs and start 3 wrs plus a flex. For my current rbs I have Gordon, Zeke, Gurley, Hyde, and Ajayi( I got lucky getting some high draft picks) my wr are Green, Cobb, Adams, Evans, J. Matthews, Watkins & A. Robinson. I'm leaning towards taking the deal cause I value rbs that much more.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#14 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:07 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Can we make a gentlemen's agreement, that before you ask a question this year, you have to answer a question?

That seems fair, to answer your question from before I would sign Ajayi to the three year contract. His health long term scares me but solid rbs are alot harder to find than decent wrs imo. I would think he will hold up at least the three years, what actually scares me more last year was that he got most of his points in just 3 games.

To provide more detail on mine, we have 38 team rosters, and keep 35. We have IDPs and start 3 wrs plus a flex. For my current rbs I have Gordon, Zeke, Gurley, Hyde, and Ajayi( I got lucky getting some high draft picks) my wr are Green, Cobb, Adams, Evans, J. Matthews, Watkins & A. Robinson. I'm leaning towards taking the deal cause I value rbs that much more.

You have a pretty nice stable of young RB. Would you be able to give up a RB and lesser WR to get Henry and something else back? Like, would Hyde/Watkins get your Henry? Just seems like you are giving up a lot for a guy that I think will be great, but not for a year, seems like the price should be lower
Profound23
RealGM

Post#15 » by Profound23 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:32 pm

I think Henry is one of the best backs in the league.

It comes down to how stubborn the Titans are with MURRAY this year.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by MVP2110 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:57 pm

Appreciate the feedback guys, I'll see what I can do
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#17 » by M-C-G » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:26 pm

I really don't like the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft this year....feels low on talent, might have to see if I can trade up to get a second first our trade down to get more depth picks.
Wiscfan92
Starter
And1: 206

Post#18 » by Wiscfan92 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:50 pm

M-C-G wrote:Let's get some discussion going on fantasy football, guys you have your eye on, your sleepers, your keepers and your bleepers

I'll start with a tough question, of the guys below, which won would you lock in to a three year contract as a keeper and why? PPR league with pretty standard scoring format.

Jay Ajayi, Dez Bryant, Sammy Watkins, Doug Baldwin, Edelman, Derrick Henry and I'll add one more Martavis Bryant

Jay Ajayi scares the crap out of me, can't see him being healthy enough to be worth keeping
Henry, I love this dude and I looked up Demarco Murray's contract, this is the last year with guaranteed money on it, so could see if he slips at all this year, they cut Murray after the season, this makes Henry a guy that I am going after in every draft with keepers
Martavis is an interesting case, he puts up video game numbers like Josh Gordon but hasn't been able to stay out of his own way and is one more strike away from being out of the league, but I also think he has a very good chance at being the number one scoring option on this list over the next three years

Thoughts?

Man that is a pretty tough group to pick from but I would probably lean towards either Edelman (mainly cause TB12 and the system) and Dez. With the potential of Zeke missing a game or two, his targets will likely increase and when healthy, he's clearly a top-5 wideout.
Play your role till your role change. Pay your dues till your dues paid.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#19 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:04 pm

Wiscfan92 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Let's get some discussion going on fantasy football, guys you have your eye on, your sleepers, your keepers and your bleepers

Thoughts?

Man that is a pretty tough group to pick from but I would probably lean towards either Edelman (mainly cause TB12 and the system) and Dez. With the potential of Zeke missing a game or two, his targets will likely increase and when healthy, he's clearly a top-5 wideout.

Appreciate that, after doing some more research, I think I have narrowed the list based on the folllowing;

In Play
Ajayi, having a productive running back that is kind of a featured back is pretty tempting, but a lot of risk with it
Dez, leaning him right now, especially given it is a 3 WR league, having him and Amari is a good starting point for the position
Watkins, really want to see how he is used and if them not picking up his option motivates the hell out of him

Out
Eddleman, still a guy I will try to draft, but didn't realize he is 31 already, too much risk
Baldwin, will be 29 when the season begins and could see one of their younger guys emerging or them drafting a guy that knocks him down to too few opportunities, just feels like too much downside
Henry, I think I am going to draft him in the first round (keep in mind, the first round in this league is like the fourth round in a regular draft), this would allow me to sign him next season, locking him up for his football prime

If I just go all risk all reward
Bryant, but I think I can draft him early enough to still get him and be my WR3 or WR4 without the risk
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#20 » by LittleRooster » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:56 pm

MVP2110 wrote:Ok so dynasty question for you guys. Would you trade AJ Green for Derrick Henry? All of our rosters carry over year to year so pretty much only rookies are available during the draft.

I would think you could get more for Green

Return to Green Bay Packers