How good will Jaylon Smith be?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Cormag001
Pro Prospect
And1: 288

How good will Jaylon Smith be? 

Post#1 » by Cormag001 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Jaylon Smith looks well on his way to returning to his old Notre Dame form.

How good do you think this kid will be? I think he's the future face of the defense. Am I being too optimistic?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: How good will Jaylon Smith be? 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:13 am

I'm hoping him and Sean Lee will be the best linebacker tandem in the league.
Cormag001
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by Cormag001 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:29 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm hoping him and Sean Lee will be the best linebacker tandem in the league.

It's really going to be interesting. If he is anything close to a star I feel like Dallas is in a very, very good position for years to come.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:14 am

If they can hit in this year's draft and finally get a D-line, that's the plan.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#5 » by Mr B » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:49 pm

Personally I'm not counting on Jaylon being an effective player. He has looked good in the videos he's posted but he's still wearing that brace. There is a big difference between running around in shorts (and with that brace) and playing LB in the NFL at an elite level. If he is able to get back to his college form that would be great but I think it would be in the team's best interested to proceed as if he's not going to be available.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:18 pm

Mr B wrote:Personally I'm not counting on Jaylon being an effective player. He has looked good in the videos he's posted but he's still wearing that brace. There is a big difference between running around in shorts (and with that brace) and playing LB in the NFL at an elite level. If he is able to get back to his college form that would be great but I think it would be in the team's best interested to proceed as if he's not going to be available.

I'm hoping you are wrong here. The good omen is he will be wearing number 54. I'm hoping he will be as good as Randy White and Chuck Howley. :pray:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#7 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 3, 2017 8:31 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Personally I'm not counting on Jaylon being an effective player. He has looked good in the videos he's posted but he's still wearing that brace. There is a big difference between running around in shorts (and with that brace) and playing LB in the NFL at an elite level. If he is able to get back to his college form that would be great but I think it would be in the team's best interested to proceed as if he's not going to be available.

I'm hoping you are wrong here. The good omen is he will be wearing number 54. I'm hoping he will be as good as Randy White and Chuck Howley. :pray:

Don't forget Barbie Crapenter also wore #54.

From my understand the nerve also still hasn't started to fire and now likely never will.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 5, 2017 4:05 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

From my understand the nerve also still hasn't started to fire and now likely never will.

I heard a few weeks ago that his nerve did start to fire up. I don't know what to believe now.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#9 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 5, 2017 7:29 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm hoping you are wrong here. The good omen is he will be wearing number 54. I'm hoping he will be as good as Randy White and Chuck Howley. :pray:

I heard a few weeks ago that his nerve did start to fire up. I don't know what to believe now.

I think everyone assumed that because of all the videos he put out. Last I read though it hasn't and likely never will. If it was going to start firing it would started by now.
Cormag001
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by Cormag001 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:30 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I think everyone assumed that because of all the videos he put out. Last I read though it hasn't and likely never will. If it was going to start firing it would started by now.

The nerve is firing according to Jaylen Smith on instagram a few weeks ago.
NickAndersonsBack25
Rookie
And1: 67

Post#11 » by NickAndersonsBack25 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:31 am

Very good.
Bobby Knight says:
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."
"You don't play against opponents, you play against the game of basketball. "
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:16 pm

We will finally get our first good look at Jaylon in this weeks game. Just heard he will start vs. the Colts Saturday night.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#13 » by Mr B » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:24 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:We will finally get our first good look at Jaylon in this weeks game. Just heard he will start vs. the Colts Saturday night.

They will also have him on a pitch count, so don't blink or you'll miss him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:45 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:We will finally get our first good look at Jaylon in this weeks game. Just heard he will start vs. the Colts Saturday night.

You seem unusually pesomistic these days.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#15 » by Mr B » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:45 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

You seem unusually pesomistic these days.

This off season has me in a funk. Not just the whole Zeke situation but everything that has been going on with this team. I will always love the Cowboys and root for them to win but I hate all the drama that has been going on. Also consider that this team hasn't had back to back winning seasons in what 20+ years, and that had me with a not so great feeling about this year. The lone saving grace for me is Dak.
clips4ever
Junior
And1: 498

Post#16 » by clips4ever » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:33 am

Flashed great potential today.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#17 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:00 pm

clips4ever wrote:Flashed great potential today.

Yes he did. Showed good movement and speed and had a very good overall evening. Can't help but be happy for him. He's worked his ass off and had a terrific attitude.

Looking forward to around 20 plays next week.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:36 pm

He did however take a few bad angles on a few run plays, but I thought he looked fairly sharp.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#19 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:53 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:He did however take a few bad angles on a few run plays, but I thought he looked fairly sharp.

The radio crew mentioned that also. Comes with not playing football in close to 600 days I guess. He'll get coached up.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:53 pm

Is it just me, or is Jaylon Smith look too light for you guys? He looks very lean to me.

Return to Dallas Cowboys