TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

This is the best dodgers team of my life 

Post#1 » by TKainZero » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:24 am

Last time dodgers won the ws I wan 1 year old watching Kirk Gibson hit a hr

This team is great

Go blue
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
beach house
Senior
And1: 1,044

Re: This is the best dodgers team of my life 

Post#2 » by beach house » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:08 am

they are electric for sure - but the 2013? (puig rookie year) reg season was nuts for you guys to. for some reason whenever the dodgers catch lightning in a bottle the giants implode. still mad about the 2013 season

i went to the dodger game on saturday w my coworkers also
Camping Fan
Senior
And1: 215

Post#3 » by Camping Fan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:33 am

TKainZero wrote:Last time dodgers won the ws I wan 1 year old watching Kirk Gibson hit a hr

This team is great

Go blue

My favorite was the year they won with Hershisher, I was in gardening at the time and remember asking another gardener what he thought - He said the Dodgers would lose because Orel was no good. Then Oakland openly stated that they was disappointed because they had to play the Dodgers in the world series because they had hoped to play a better team. That was one really sweet victory my friend

Then in a surprise here in Los Angeles played a recent statement by Vin Scully when they honored him. I think they honored him this week and what a magnificent man - every word in perfect place, not a single error. I remember over the years he just kept going - I as in awe at his greatness.

In Deed, the Dodgers are looking good. To be honest I didn't think they looked that good at the beginning of the year, but Kershaw has been getting me some wins in fantasy league - lol. I do have some concerns about their pitching depth in the playoffs, but right now they look really good
Lakers 2020
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:32 pm

They will still choke come playoff time. They always do. Peaking at the wrong time as usual. And they better hope we don't make the playoffs because we own Kershaw and the Dodgers in the playoffs.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#5 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:11 pm

This team is better than the 2013 team.

2013's advantages = Greinke at the top of the rotation and Brian Wilson in his last elite year throwing gas to setup Kenley Jansen.

But you have Ricky Nolasco pitching Game 4 of an NLCS...something no contender should have going on.

Better lineup. Argument can be made that Turner and Seager are better than any hitter on that 2013 team.
Better catchers (talking Grandal and Barnes together)
Better defenders at SS, CF.
Better SP depth.
More versatility as well.

Dodgers have had a lot of name talent from 2013 to about 2015 heaping tons of expectations on us.

Last year and this year, we fielded teams where I go down the list (SP, BP, Defense, Lineup, Base running) and thought we were solid in most every way regardless if the name was a star player or not.

/rant
/2cents

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#6 » by Neddy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:21 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:They will still choke come playoff time. They always do. Peaking at the wrong time as usual. And they better hope we don't make the playoffs because we own Kershaw and the Dodgers in the playoffs.

Matt Adams is on the braves now. Matt Holliday is a yankee. I am not worried about you guys. and have a real playoff team first. it doesn't look good for the redbirds in 2017.
ehhhhh f it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:48 am

Good thing for you guys. But you won't beat Washington or the Cubs anyway.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#8 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:54 am

Neddy wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:They will still choke come playoff time. They always do. Peaking at the wrong time as usual. And they better hope we don't make the playoffs because we own Kershaw and the Dodgers in the playoffs.

Matt Adams is on the braves now. Matt Holliday is a yankee. I am not worried about you guys. and have a real playoff team first. it doesn't look good for the redbirds in 2017.

I've seen the Dodgers sweep the Cards in my lifetime, so that kinda banter doesn't bother me much.

4th place.
Under .500
They (Cardinal fans) better hope there isn't a firesale at the deadline or this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:00 am

Its been what, about 30 years now. Lets see if you are playing this well at the end of the year and carry it into the playoffs before choking.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#10 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:11 am

Let's see if you start playing well enough to get over .500 at any point this second half.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:24 pm

Poor Dodgers got spanked by Atlanta last night, wow. Looks like the dodgers are starting to cool off and come back to reality. Injury here, injury there and things change in a heartbeat. Especially when Kershaw goes down.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#12 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Poor Cardinals up 2-0 going into the 8th....

Just to get trampled by the Cubs (read: one of many better baseball teams in the Central and MLB).

RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#13 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:10 pm

Damn, you guys are making me nostalgic about the NL days.

:sad:
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#14 » by TyCobb » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:01 pm

And down goes Kershaw.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:44 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Poor Dodgers got spanked by Atlanta last night, wow. Looks like the dodgers are starting to cool off and come back to reality. Injury here, injury there and things change in a heartbeat. Especially when Kershaw goes down.

Coulnd't happen to a better team or organization outside of the Cubs, of course, :falloff:
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#16 » by GS Warriors 1 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:02 pm

My best hope as a Giants fan is that the Cubs catch heat in September heading into the playoffs and KO the Dodgers. Washington is another team that chokes hard in postseason, so I can't trust them to beat LA. Other than that, it seems to be in the cards for LA to reach the WS. Let's see if they can finally win it, it's been like 5 years since the mega investment.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,052

Post#17 » by Cubbies2120 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:36 pm

GS Warriors 1 wrote:My best hope as a Giants fan is that the Cubs catch heat in September heading into the playoffs and KO the Dodgers.

This sounds good to me as well.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#18 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:26 pm

Cards make it back to .500?

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#19 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:26 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
GS Warriors 1 wrote:My best hope as a Giants fan is that the Cubs catch heat in September heading into the playoffs and KO the Dodgers.

This sounds good to me as well.

Please no.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:08 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Cards make it back to .500?

No. and we may not get to .500 with all the young kids we have brought up the last couple seasons. Its the growing pains and the ups and downs of transitioning your team to get younger, which we have. Nevertheless, as long as the Cubs and Dodger's choke like they usually do, I can live with that and be happy for this season. Get back to me the last 3 weeks of the season and when the playoffs start. Lets see who is playing the best baseball when the pressure is on. I hope your not too high on your Raiders either this upcoming season. I can't see them getting by the Chiefs and Broncos.

Return to The General MLB Board