And1: 450

Re: 2017 NFL DRAFT Thread 

Post#1502 » by ChrisPozz » Fri May 5, 2017 7:11 pm

CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#1503 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri May 5, 2017 9:07 pm

Not sure how I missed it, but I didn't realize until just now that the league handed out 11 third round comp picks this year. That's absurd. I went back 10 years and they had never given out more than four, and averaged closer to three. Suddenly this year there are 11? They need to reevaluate the formula. Russell Okung and Kelvin Beachum (among others) are not worth 3rd round comps. And guys who sign one-year contracts shouldn't count at all, IMO.
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#1504 » by Dodub » Sat May 6, 2017 11:52 pm

Good grief. I just read the responses lol, there is absolutely no one on this board who has the qualifications to have even an entry level position in an NFL front office. Period.

No one will ever be anything more than that. Hell not only are there only people on a message board but a 3rd rate message board.

When we went over to to then webzone everyone was meek as babes, couldn't compete. The level of delusion is laughable and reminds me of why I stopped getting on these boards.

With that bit of reality, I'm out until season starts.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#1505 » by clyde21 » Sun May 7, 2017 5:33 am

Dodub wrote:Good grief. I just read the responses lol, there is absolutely no one on this board who has the qualifications to have even an entry level position in an NFL front office. Period.

No one will ever be anything more than that. Hell not only are there only people on a message board but a 3rd rate message board.

When we went over to to then webzone everyone was meek as babes, couldn't compete. The level of delusion is laughable and reminds me of why I stopped getting on these boards.

With that bit of reality, I'm out until season starts.

Adios. Don't let that door hit you on the wait out. :crazy:
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#1506 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:27 pm

Old thread, I realize, but I wasn't sure where to post. I think I complained about it at the time, but I was thinking again about the Kapri Bibbs trade. Didn't like it at the time, and like it even less now. We got Bibbs and the 177th pick (5th-round comp pick) for our 2018 4th. That 2018 pick is likely to be in the 110-120 range. That would effectively be a two-round drop. More importantly, the difference in talent between the early fourth and a fifth-round comp in terms of the caliber of player is pretty huge. You're talking about potential starter/solid backup vs. hope he makes the roster. That's a lot to give up for a guy who has just over 200 career yards from scrimmage.

I generally liked the draft, but I do have some questions about Lynch moving up. He moved up late into rounds a lot, targeting specific players. And as we learned from Peter King, he would have given up a hell of a lot more for Foster if another team had taken him up on it (thankfully they didn't). I don't mind targeting guys you really want in later rounds, but all those late-round picks we had to give up can add up, especially for a talent-starved roster. I'll be interested to see if that trend continues going forward.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#1507 » by Ray_Dogg » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:06 pm

For me this entire draft hinges on Thomas. If he's not a dominant player then we **** up big time. The talent in the middle of the first was massive, I hope I don't regret not dropping down further.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#1508 » by NinerSickness » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:17 am

RedneckNiner wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:If I were GM:

Mitch
Cam Robinson
Pat Elflein
Carl Lawson

...And the rest I didn't really have strong opinions about.

Thank God your weren't gm..

Yeah; thank God we have an underwhelming DL, a CB who doesn't even suit up, a useless QB. :noway:

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/09/24/carl-lawson-already-proving-he-should-have-been-a-1st-round-pick/

Again: so sick of being right all the time.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1509 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:36 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
RedneckNiner wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:If I were GM:

Mitch
Cam Robinson
Pat Elflein
Carl Lawson

...And the rest I didn't really have strong opinions about.

Yeah; thank God we have an underwhelming DL, a CB who doesn't even suit up, a useless QB. :noway:

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/09/24/carl-lawson-already-proving-he-should-have-been-a-1st-round-pick/

Well the QB fixture is still within reach.

Sick, do you hold the 2017 QB draft class over the presumed 2018 QB draft class?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#1510 » by NinerSickness » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:19 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
RedneckNiner wrote:

Sick, do you hold the 2017 QB draft class over the presumed 2018 QB draft class?

Not to paint each class broadly...

I think Rosen & Trubisky are about even at this point. Rosen has more potential, IMO, but Trubisky has the better attitude.

I have zero interest in Darnold or Allen at this point. I like Baker Mayfield a little bit, and I think he might be a decent alternative to dropping a billion on You-Like-That next offseason.

Have to see more Mason Rudolph...
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#1511 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:30 am

Adam Peters was scouting Rosen at the UCLA/Stanford game
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1512 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:38 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

Not to paint each class broadly...

I think Rosen & Trubisky are about even at this point. Rosen has more potential, IMO, but Trubisky has the better attitude.

I have zero interest in Darnold or Allen at this point. I like Baker Mayfield a little bit, and I think he might be a decent alternative to dropping a billion on You-Like-That next offseason.

Have to see more Mason Rudolph...

Interesting, you have Rosen and Trubisky on the same level?

I have Rosen above Trubs by a good margin. You must've really liked Trubisky.

Darnold is still good and has played big in big games, he's off to a shaky start but still putting up those numbers. Mayfield and Allen are pretty strong. You mentioned Rudolph, i bet his name will catch on later. There's also Ferguson from Memphis who's not too shabby for a later in the draft type look. Everyone has an opinion on Lamar Jackson but by the end of the day, his name will be back there in the discussion.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#1513 » by NinerSickness » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:50 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Interesting, you have Rosen and Trubisky on the same level?

I have Rosen above Trubs by a good margin. You must've really liked Trubisky.

I do. I think Trubisky just gets it. His first pass in college went for 6; he doesn't shrink under the lights. There's really nothing I don't like about the guy except lack of experience / maturity (which will come soon enough).

Rosen has the higher ceiling and more talent, but his attitude should give pause. He's got the Connor Cook thing going for him. And as Samuel L Jackson said in Pulp Fiction, personality goes a long way.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#1514 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Sep 9, 2023 5:13 pm

Return to San Francisco 49ers