Eurobasket 2017

Moderator: THE J0KER

a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Re: Eurobasket 2017 

Post#61 » by a-French-Fan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:When was the last time France had a decent small forward? Seems like years and years.

The question should be "when was the last time Batum played decently with France?" ^^

In 2014 for semi-final and 3rd place.
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,244

Post#62 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:38 pm

Lithuania starts their camp today. Just yesterday was announced that Domantas Sabonis will not play. If Jankunas, by far the best Lithuanian PF, was playing this year, this wouldnt be a huge loss at all, but Jankunas is out, and this leave Lithuania with Donut the sole survivor at PF position. Thats terrible, Orelik or even Skucas would be welcome right about now.
Any new developments on other team camps?
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#63 » by Joel Embust » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
BoardCrusher wrote:Italy got Hacket that aquired his bball knowledge in US highschool and college.

France has Kahudi and Gelabale, neither were born in France so....

Greece rolled with baby Shaq for years so please...

youre right only on Lithuania which is a powerhouse and has always had a **** of players to choose from

Not a single one of those players is naturalized. None of them are naturalized. And Hackett grew up in Italy. He grew up in Italy and started playing basketball in Italy, not USA. He also has a very heavy Italian accent, so I'm not sure how in any world he could be considered naturalized.

Kahudi and Gelabale were not born in France...so what? Neither is naturalized. They are French citizens by birth, because they come from Belgian/French territories. It's no different than USA claiming people from US Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico as Americans, which they do.

What in the world does Baby Shaq have to do with being naturalized? He's Greek by birth (Greek father), and he lived there from the time he was like 2 weeks old.

So no, none of those players is "naturalized".

Good post.
TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Post#64 » by TheTrooper » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:08 pm

Croatia squad :
PG -Ukic, Popovic, Mavra

SG - Bogdanovic, Simon, Kruslin

SG/SF - Tomas

SF - Ramljak

SF/PF - Saric

PF - Bender, Buva, Zubcic

C - Planinic, Zoric
LuDux1
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,984

Post#65 » by LuDux1 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:30 pm

UcanUwill wrote:Lithuania starts their camp today. Just yesterday was announced that Domantas Sabonis will not play. If Jankunas, by far the best Lithuanian PF, was playing this year, this wouldnt be a huge loss at all, but Jankunas is out, and this leave Lithuania with Donut the sole survivor at PF position. Thats terrible, Orelik or even Skucas would be welcome right about now.
Any new developments on other team camps?

Bulls recomended Mirotic to skip EC

Orelikas explained reason for skipping EC: shoulder injury in last game. He's not allowed to play contact ball for two more weeks
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#66 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:54 am

Ok so I'm starting to lose track of all the players I want to watch who is playing and who isn't.
Can you help me complete my list?

Gobert No
Batum No
Jokic No
Bogdanovic (Serbia) ???
Teodosic ???
Porzingis ???
Giannis Yes
Tyler Dorsey No
Ntilikina ???
Bogdanovic (Croatia) Yes
Saric Yes
Markannen ???
Schroder ???
Rubio Yes
Gasol M Yes
Gasol P Yes
Hernangomez H Yes
Hernangomez W Yes
Lull Yes
Bender Yes

Add more players if you want
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,142

Post#67 » by Mickey8 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:22 am

jinxed wrote:Jokic out!? Noooo.

what about Boban? I know he wanted to play

He's with the NT team, we will see if he makes the final roster or not.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#68 » by Mickey8 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:25 am

Mirotic12 wrote:
Gordon wrote:Greece needs to make Giannis thier go-to-guy, having him handle the ball up top and create out of ISO/pick and roll with shooters spreading the floor for him. He also needs to guard either PF or C position on defense enabling him to make a difference with his lenght/athleticism in the paint, as well as ability to grab the rebound and go on his unstoppable transition attacks.

Otherwise, if they plant Giannis in corner and let Calathes run the show as they have done before, everyone will be disappointed.

I think Croatia is overrated in these rankings, they have no depth with Hezonja, Babic, Zizic and Zubac not participating. Thier bench is full of 35ish years old over the hill veterans as Zoric, Popovic and Tomas who can`t defend anymore.

Every single summer, Greece has started off with Giannis as their point guard...and every single summer they have to very quickly scrap it. You can't palm the ball in FIBA like you can in the NBA, and you also can't blatantly travel every time you touch the ball in FIBA, like you can in the NBA.

Unless Giannis improved his ball handling skills by light years, or FIBA refs suddenly let him travel and palm on every single possession, like he does in the NBA, then he can't have the ball in his hands all the time. He simply can't. You have to be able to handle the ball without palming and traveling under FIBA rules, and as of yet, that's well beyond Gianni's ball handling skills.

FIBA is going to have to ref him special and unfairly, if he's going to be a main ball handler. And I don't think that's going to go over to well with the other teams.

As far as Calathes goes....he never should have been in Greece'a national team. From the moment they added him to their team, the whole level of the entire national team dropped like 2 levels and never recovered. He's the worst lead guard Greece had in the last 35 years or so. But he keeps on getting on the team no matter what. Panathinaikos media has always hyped him and pushed him, and it's like the Greek federation (run by a long time Panathinaikos big shot) absolutely must push him in the national team.

Calathes is a huge problem for Greece, and they should not even have him in the team, since he simply can't shoot, not even free throws. It's amazing how much worse Calathes is than Greece's previous group of lead guards (Spanoulis, Zisis, Diamantidis, Papaloukas). But Giannis as a point guard is no solution, since he can't dribble properly (can only do so with NBA rules).

His biggest weakness is shooting , he was badly exposed last summer at the tournament in Italy, If I was opposing coach I would just make him shooting perimeter jumpers and the three's.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#69 » by Mickey8 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:26 am

a-French-Fan wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:When was the last time France had a decent small forward? Seems like years and years.

The question should be "when was the last time Batum played decently with France?" ^^

In 2014 for semi-final and 3rd place.

But he fills all statistical columns :)
janmagn
Starter
And1: 341

Re: RE: Re: Eurobasket 2017 

Post#70 » by janmagn » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:18 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Ok so I'm starting to lose track of all the players I want to watch who is playing and who isn't.

Gobert No
Batum No
Jokic No
Bogdanovic (Serbia) ???
Teodosic ???
Porzingis ???
Giannis Yes
Tyler Dorsey No
Ntilikina ???
Bogdanovic (Croatia) Yes
Saric Yes
Markannen ???
Schroder ???
Rubio Yes
Gasol M Yes
Gasol P Yes
Hernangomez H Yes
Hernangomez W Yes
Lull Yes
Bender Yes

Markkanen just joined our training camp

Lähetetty minun LG-H440n laitteesta Tapatalkilla
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Re: RE: Re: Eurobasket 2017 

Post#71 » by burek3 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:58 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Ok so I'm starting to lose track of all the players I want to watch who is playing and who isn't.

Gobert No
Batum No
Jokic No
Bogdanovic (Serbia) Yes
Teodosic Yes
Porzingis ???
Giannis Yes
Tyler Dorsey No
Ntilikina ???
Bogdanovic (Croatia) Yes
Saric Yes
Markannen Yes
Schroder ???
Rubio Yes
Gasol M Yes
Gasol P Yes
Hernangomez H Yes
Hernangomez W Yes
Lull Yes
Bender Yes
Doncic Yes
Dragic G Yes

Added 2 at the bottom, confirmed 2 serbians, changed Markannen to Yes as per post above.
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#72 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:33 am

Thanks guys

KP is uploading youtube videos of himself working out with the Latvian team so I think this is a yes too

Gobert No
Batum No
Jokic No
Bogdanovic (Serbia) Yes
Teodosic Yes
Porzingis Yes
Giannis Yes
Tyler Dorsey No
Ntilikina ???
Bogdanovic (Croatia) Yes
Saric Yes
Markannen Yes
Schroder ???
Rubio Yes
Gasol M Yes
Gasol P Yes
Hernangomez H Yes
Hernangomez W Yes
Lull Yes
Bender Yes
Doncic Yes
Dragic G Yes
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,699

Post#73 » by JohnWillow » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:00 am

Holy smokes I just saw Great Britain roster and there was Ben Gordon's name. :lol:

Wasn't he arrested in June? :lol:
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 630

Post#74 » by remi_222 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:25 pm

Pau said today that Mirotic won't be there ! and no, Ntilikina won't be there either.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#75 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:35 am

Wou;d Ntilikina even maek the team? I am not sure about that.
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#76 » by burek3 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:17 am

LOL:

Gallinari broke his thumb punching some guy in the face in a friendly match :D He won't be playing in Eurobasket2017.

:crazy:
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#77 » by UcanUwill » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:06 am

burek3 wrote:LOL:

Gallinari broke his thumb punching some guy in the face in a friendly match :D He won't be playing in Eurobasket2017.

:crazy:

Wow, what a fail.
remi_222
Pro Prospect

Post#78 » by remi_222 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 6:36 pm

Luwawu Cabarrot is injured and won't participate !
The final 12 players should be :

PG : Thomas Heurtel (Real Madrid), Antoine Diot (Valencia) and Léo Westermann (CSKA)
SG : Nando De Colo (CSKA), Fabien Causeur (Barcelona) and Edwin Jackson (China)
SF : Yakuba Ouattara (Brooklyn Nets), Evan Fournier (Orlando Magics)
PF: Boris Diaw (unsigned for now), Kim Tillie (Baskonia)
C : Kévin Séraphin (unsigned for now), Joffrey Lauvergne (San Antonio Spurs).

France isnt the favourite at all as Pau Gasol said a few days ago, but they have a very good backcourt mix between huge european players and NBAers !
Inside ... not crazy ! Let's make 3's rains and play defense !!!
remi_222
Pro Prospect

Post#79 » by remi_222 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 6:37 pm

UcanUwill wrote:Wou;d Ntilikina even maek the team? I am not sure about that.

No he will not
Popovich
Pro Prospect
And1: 293

Post#80 » by Popovich » Sun Aug 6, 2017 8:01 am

Nemanja Nedovic, Serbian SG/PG injured his shoulder few days ago. At first it was thought that injury is minor one and that he will fully recover in a week but after detailed examination it was discovered that it is in fact a second degree distortion of the shoulder joint. His shoulder joint will be immobilized at least 2 to 3 weeks. Prognoses for his recovery before or right on time for EC are not optimistic.

Serbia currently looks much weaker team in compartment with the team from the first announced player list.

Return to International Basketball