ImageImageImageImageImage

All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Re: Nike rebrands Home and Away NBA Jerseys 

Post#1101 » by Ror1997 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:25 pm

Keep the NETS jerseys. That's all I ask. Those are the best uniforms we've had in brooklyn.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Nike rebrands Home and Away NBA Jerseys 

Post#1102 » by Paradise » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:27 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:They need to shorten that to either Brooklyn or just Nets. that **** looks dumb how they currently have it.

Give me the classic "Brooklyn" from the Dodgers cursive script. That would be fire and sell like hotcakes.

Are they taking these things to focus groups or is Yormarket the only one who comes up with this stuff and thinks they are great?

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM mobile app

I hope Yormark does the right thing and makes these our primary home uniforms and only wear the 'Brooklyn' whites on Sundays.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Nike rebrands Home and Away NBA Jerseys 

Post#1103 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:57 am

Paradise wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:They need to shorten that to either Brooklyn or just Nets. that **** looks dumb how they currently have it.

Give me the classic "Brooklyn" from the Dodgers cursive script. That would be fire and sell like hotcakes.

Are they taking these things to focus groups or is Yormarket the only one who comes up with this stuff and thinks they are great?

I hope Yormark does the right thing and makes these our primary home uniforms and only wear the 'Brooklyn' whites on Sundays.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Yes, I can get down with that.

They should also crowd source ideas from the community so that we can actually have a voice on what jerseys they would wear.

Paradise

Nike rebrands Home and Away NBA Jerseys 

Post#1104 » by Paradise » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:04 pm

The Pacers new uniforms look really close to the rumored Nets jersey.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ror1997
Analyst

Post#1105 » by Ror1997 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:36 pm

Yikes
Mkdaman1818
Sixth Man
And1: 1,101

Post#1106 » by Mkdaman1818 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:31 pm

Looks like that post of the hornets jersey before was a fake, which hopefully means the nets jersey shown there was also fake. Thank goodness...

Read on Twitter
Ror1997
Analyst

Post#1107 » by Ror1997 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:36 pm

Dope uniforms.

Although I think the hornet uniform you're referring to is the "community" uniform. And since our ugly jersey had the Brooklyn bridge side panels, I think that could possibly our "community" uniform.

Hope not.
Mkdaman1818
Sixth Man

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1108 » by Mkdaman1818 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 12:50 pm

New sixers - I think I actually prefer the old ones without the red letter trim...

Read on Twitter
Paradise

Post#1109 » by Paradise » Wed Aug 2, 2017 8:32 pm

The Bulls twitter timeline is hilarious right now. Nike is truly rebranding the league.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Mkdaman1818
Sixth Man

Post#1110 » by Mkdaman1818 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 3:00 am

First look at nike nets jersey? Looks the same as our adidas ones which is good...

Read on Twitter
Paradise

Nets launch ‘Brooklyn Cool’ Clothing Line 

Post#1111 » by Paradise » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:54 am

Nike apparel goes on sale tomorrow.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

BROOKLYN COOL exemplifies Rank + Rally’s mission to create and curate unique retail and fashion platforms evoking the team brand and spirit of fandom. The BROOKLYN COOL collection will continue to grow with ongoing collaborations between local partners and Brand Brooklyn.

“BROOKLYN COOL is redefining how fans show their team pride by offering merchandise that is equally at home in the arena or on the streets of Brooklyn,” said Andy Lansing, President and CEO of Levy, Rank + Rally’s parent company.

“Street style and basketball go hand-in-hand in Brooklyn. The collection of BROOKLYN COOL designers embodies the fashion-forward spirit of the borough,” said Alison Weber, Chief Creative Officer of Curiology, the experience design group that collaborated with Rank + Rally on designing the collection. “They were selected because of their design talent, entrepreneurial spirit, and the drive to be a part of something bigger than their own brand.”
Ror1997
Analyst

Re: Nets launch ‘Brooklyn Cool’ Clothing Line 

Post#1112 » by Ror1997 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:23 am

That hoodie Rondae got on is fire
Paradise

Post#1113 » by Paradise » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:50 am

Ror1997 wrote:That hoodie Rondae got on is fire

This one is definitely my favorite.

Read on Twitter
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#1114 » by NPZ » Wed Oct 4, 2017 12:46 am

Kyle Kuzma looks like a strong contender for steal of the draft. He's almost offputtingly competent for a Laker draftee. His form is impressive for a non-blue chip rookie, even a 22 yr old one and he's got excellent handles and can pass well, too. Larry Nance was also the 27th pick and he can't shoot. What the league didn't see in this d00d, who knows. He either blew up after most of the league's scouts had already seen him and weren't impressed or the majority of the league's scouts understandably told their GMs lies about players in Utah so they wouldn't have to visit Utah. Maybe a little of both. Maybe some of it is that bias against US-born 3rd year college players, especially ones outside of the ACC because he played well at his predraft combine, too. Iono because the Buss kid scout Jesse said he was the highest name on their non-lotto draft board that ever fell to them dating back to Kupchak's era. You guys miffed at losing that pick or do you suspect the Nets probably wouldn't have found this kid anyway?
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#1115 » by Claud » Wed Oct 4, 2017 10:01 pm

NPZ wrote:Kyle Kuzma looks like a strong contender for steal of the draft. He's almost offputtingly competent for a Laker draftee. His form is impressive for a non-blue chip rookie, even a 22 yr old one and he's got excellent handles and can pass well, too. Larry Nance was also the 27th pick and he can't shoot. What the league didn't see in this d00d, who knows. He either blew up after most of the league's scouts had already seen him and weren't impressed or the majority of the league's scouts understandably told their GMs lies about players in Utah so they wouldn't have to visit Utah. Maybe a little of both. Maybe some of it is that bias against US-born 3rd year college players, especially ones outside of the ACC because he played well at his predraft combine, too. Iono because the Buss kid scout Jesse said he was the highest name on their non-lotto draft board that ever fell to them dating back to Kupchak's era. You guys miffed at losing that pick or do you suspect the Nets probably wouldn't have found this kid anyway?

Russell > Kuzma/Lopez
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1116 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Oct 5, 2017 3:05 am

I like it, but the name "Brooklyn Cool" is terrible. In attempt to fit in, they just made it sound whack. I hope a few of the local brands they're working with on the clothing line are letting them know to change the name.

Btw, this is going to be merged with the "All things Brooklyn Nets" thread.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1117 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Oct 5, 2017 3:14 am

NPZ wrote:Kyle Kuzma looks like a strong contender for steal of the draft. He's almost offputtingly competent for a Laker draftee. His form is impressive for a non-blue chip rookie, even a 22 yr old one and he's got excellent handles and can pass well, too. Larry Nance was also the 27th pick and he can't shoot. What the league didn't see in this d00d, who knows. He either blew up after most of the league's scouts had already seen him and weren't impressed or the majority of the league's scouts understandably told their GMs lies about players in Utah so they wouldn't have to visit Utah. Maybe a little of both. Maybe some of it is that bias against US-born 3rd year college players, especially ones outside of the ACC because he played well at his predraft combine, too. Iono because the Buss kid scout Jesse said he was the highest name on their non-lotto draft board that ever fell to them dating back to Kupchak's era. You guys miffed at losing that pick or do you suspec t the Nets probably wouldn't have found this kid anyway?

The Nets might not have even selected Kuzma at 27 for all we know.

If anything, I think the teams who drafted just before the Nets would be the ones upset if Kuzma becomes great and outplays those teams picks. Since the Nets traded their pick to acquire Russell, the only way that end up being upset is if Kuzma outplays Russell in the end.

If the Nets had traded #27 to move up or down in the draft, only to select a player much inferior to Kuzma then we'd probably be upset.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,298

Post#1118 » by Wiltside » Thu Oct 5, 2017 11:05 pm

Interesting offseason in Brooklyn - Marks has been making moves, and I gotta say, I like them. Looking forward to watching D-Lo go HAM this year.

Questions for Nets fans:
- What does Atkinson do about the starting back-court?
- Can one of the 'long shot' guards/wings pay off? (LeVert, Whitehead etc)
- Does Jarrett Allen earn time this season?
- Can RHJ elevate to elite defender status?

We've written up some thoughts on the Nets offseason, would value your feedback if you're interested in having a read: https://thefourpointplay.blog/2017/10/05/nba-nets-season-preview/
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Paradise

Post#1119 » by Paradise » Fri Oct 6, 2017 3:14 pm

Wiltside wrote:Interesting offseason in Brooklyn - Marks has been making moves, and I gotta say, I like them. Looking forward to watching D-Lo go HAM this year.

Questions for Nets fans:
- What does Atkinson do about the starting back-court?
- Can one of the 'long shot' guards/wings pay off? (LeVert, Whitehead etc)
- Does Jarrett Allen earn time this season?
- Can RHJ elevate to elite defender status?

We've written up some thoughts on the Nets offseason, would value your feedback if you're interested in having a read: https://thefourpointplay.blog/2017/10/05/nba-nets-season-preview/

- Lin and D’Lo are our starting backcourt and will be utilized similar to Lillard/McCollum. Backup minutes likely go to Dinwiddie. Whitehead is the odd man out.

- Jarrett Allen is expected to contribute as a backup C. He missed summer league so what we’re seeing is definitely encouraging. Love his upside and he’s still growing!

- Caris LeVert is still our prized prospect and likely to be the future SG / SF of this team. He’s a hard worker and it sounds like the Nets are 100% committed to turning him into a serious two way wing and he’s entering his first full season as a pro.

- RHJ has always been good defender but his offensive game is developing a lot better. He’s making the right pass, taking smarter shots since moving closer to the rim at PF. He was atop the league in DRPM among wings. I suspect another leap from him. He averaged 8 / 5 / 2 last season. He could easily jump to 12 / 8 / 4 this season with elite D.
ncnetsfan
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#1120 » by ncnetsfan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:50 pm

I am quite confident that, barring injury, LeVert will "pay off." I don't consider him a "long shot."

Return to Brooklyn Nets