ImageImageImage

Cedi Osman Signed

Moderator: ijspeelman

Wisedude
Sophomore
And1: 104

Cedi Osman Signed 

Post#1 » by Wisedude » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Congrats to Dan Gilbert for signing Cedi Osman.

The next step is to keep him and not trade him.
oken
Pro Prospect
And1: 429

Re: Cedi Osman Signed 

Post#2 » by oken » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:34 pm

As a Turkish fan I hope he becomes successful. I have no idea how he can translate his game to NBA (will be very hard IMHO) but you at least will have a guaranteed shampoo all-star for years to come.

freestyler34
Pro Prospect
And1: 459

Post#3 » by freestyler34 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:15 am

oken wrote:As a Turkish fan I hope he becomes successful. I have no idea how he can translate his game to NBA (will be very hard IMHO) but you at least will have a guaranteed shampoo all-star for years to come.

Cleveland needs to step up their hair game after Lebron pulling them down, Cedi will surely help
HardcoreNBAer
Freshman
And1: 33

Post#4 » by HardcoreNBAer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:39 pm

Could have used that money to sign one of: Thabo, Tyreke, Simmons, T.Black, etc.

Bad move imo.
ekpeudoh
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#5 » by ekpeudoh » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:43 pm

He is not improving for last two years. He will be warming bench. Cavs could do better with that money.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:57 am

High IQ ,Highly athletic defensive minded sg/sf . Can definitely benefit from this guy on the roster.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#7 » by Trailbreaker » Wed Aug 2, 2017 3:30 pm

I don't mind this signing especially if team defense can be improved. I'm still a little worried if Kyrie Irving goes where can the Cavs pick up offensive production. Could Kevin Love step it up or maybe somebody the Cavs pick up in a potential Kyrie Irving trade?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#8 » by Stillwater » Wed Aug 2, 2017 3:48 pm

Trailbreaker wrote:I don't mind this signing especially if team defense can be improved. I'm still a little worried if Kyrie Irving goes where can the Cavs pick up offensive production. Could Kevin Love step it up or maybe somebody the Cavs pick up in a potential Kyrie Irving trade?

Definitely interested in seeing K Love as the 1st option for James, I think we will see the Minnesota K Love reborn.
add some youth like Osman for defense and transition scoring,and the Cav's continue to roll.
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#9 » by Trailbreaker » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:56 am

Stillwater wrote:Definitely interested in seeing K Love as the 1st option for James, I think we will see the Minnesota K Love reborn.
add some youth like Osman for defense and transition scoring,and the Cav's continue to roll.

I was always surprised to see people always devalue Kevin Love when he is a multifaceted player. I always thought he was more valuable than Kyrie Irving.
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#10 » by johnnyballgame » Thu Aug 3, 2017 4:08 am

Trailbreaker wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Definitely interested in seeing K Love as the 1st option for James, I think we will see the Minnesota K Love reborn.

I was always surprised to see people always devalue Kevin Love when he is a multifaceted player. I always thought he was more valuable than Kyrie Irving.

Not more valuable than Kyrie even though its much harder to find a skilled big man.
Kyrie is young and improving. Love seems to be slowing down already even though he's in much better shape than his early years. He's not elite at any thing. Not as strong a finisher as Kyrie despite size. Kyrie is certainly an elite scorer.

If Cedi earns a little court time, hopefully he can instill energy and ball movement. Those things do appear to be well within his skill set.
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Post#11 » by Yuri Vaultin » Sat Sep 2, 2017 3:23 am

Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 533

Post#12 » by madskillz8 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 2:30 pm

He finished with 28 points on 6/14 FG (3/5 3PT, 13/15 FT), 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 7 steals and 2 TOs.
can2TR
Ballboy
And1: 0

Cedi Osman Signed 

Post#13 » by can2TR » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:38 am

He has long hands and he is a mobile SF and even a PF in Europe. However, his size isn't enough for being more than a SG in NBA. I'm assuming he will improve his strenght over there.

The second important thing is he won't be on the court so much but in his limited playing time he won't be afraid of committing fouls. When you have Cedi there are no easy baskets.

Last thing is that even he played as a star in the national team, he knows his role in a well-organized team and he will never try to create something and get stucked in a double team. He knows there are more talented players on the court and he will just bring what was needed: a humble, passionate, defensive role player who drains threes from the corner.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#14 » by Stillwater » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:11 pm

can2TR wrote:He has long hands and he is a mobile SF and even a PF in Europe. However, his size isn't enough for being more than a SG in NBA. I'm assuming he will improve his strenght over there.

The second important thing is he won't be on the court so much but in his limited playing time he won't be afraid of committing fouls. When you have Cedi there are no easy baskets.

Last thing is that even he played as a star in the national team, he knows his role in a well-organized team and he will never try to create something and get stucked in a double team. He knows there are more talented players on the court and he will just bring what was needed: a humble, passionate, defensive role player who drains threes from the corner.

If thats is all he does I am good with it in his rookie nba season, but I think he will get a lot more minutes in the regular season with so many older players on this roster. (provided he is productive defensively).
falcon107
Junior
And1: 20

Post#15 » by falcon107 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Stillwater wrote:
can2TR wrote:He has long hands and he is a mobile SF and even a PF in Europe. However, his size isn't enough for being more than a SG in NBA. I'm assuming he will improve his strenght over there.

If thats is all he does I am good with it in his rookie nba season, but I think he will get a lot more minutes in the regular season with so many older players on this roster. (provided he is productive defensively).

He will get minutes as he is very productive defensively. I think that he will be a nice surprise for Cleveland.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#16 » by Stillwater » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:46 pm

falcon107 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

He will get minutes as he is very productive defensively. I think that he will be a nice surprise for Cleveland.
Yeah that's what I think,provided he isn't kept out of the rotation due to Lue's fixation on vets.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers