ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#961 » by Greenie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:16 pm

This is why I don't like "sources".

Nice stat line from KP....no assists though.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,193

Post#962 » by Kampuchea » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Greenie wrote:This is why I don't like "sources".

Not even 1 assist? We usually bashed Melo for this so fair play to question why KP refused to pass the ball.

Seems like a ball hog so not a great game for him. Let's hope he picks up his performance going forward.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#963 » by King of Canada » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:43 pm

Kampuchea wrote:

Not even 1 assist? We usually bashed Melo for this so fair play to question why KP refused to pass the ball.

Seems like a ball hog so not a great game for him. Let's hope he picks up his performance going forward.

He actually made some nice passes that the guy in the other end of messed up. Passed a little too much.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,219

Post#964 » by Knicks Byke » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:44 pm

King of Canada wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

He actually made some nice passes that the guy in the other end of messed up. Passed a little too much.

im pretty sure he was joking :lol:

i hope...if not. you know what to do.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,927

Post#965 » by Jeffrey » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Nice stats. Did very well and he looks like his body is filling out.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,193

Post#966 » by Kampuchea » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:52 pm

King of Canada wrote:He actually made some nice passes that the guy in the other end of messed up. Passed a little too much.

Just watched the vid. Not sure about level of competition? He just looked so much better than the rest of them.

I liked the PG setting him up with a few nice shots. He must hate Rose even more after playing with real point guards.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,122

Post#967 » by Wolfgang630 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:01 pm

It's not just about stats. Watch the game and see his impact on the DEFENSIVE side. It's nice to see a star player in NY for once impacting the defensive side.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,769

Post#968 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:06 pm

I was hoping to see him create more shots for himself. He was set up on pretty much all his points but it's still great to see him dominate.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,273

Post#969 » by Clyde Frazier » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:12 pm

We have a future franchise player
On the new york knicks
The new york **** knicks!
Jesus Juice
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#970 » by Jesus Juice » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:34 pm

KP looks to be filling in at a nice rate I love that he hasn't bulked up super quick.. I don't think he will ever be super jacked like AD but dude def looks more solid than dirk ever did.

I also enjoyed seeing the Knicks jerseys in the crowd, if our team ever gets it together Knicks jerseys in Spain, France, Latavia, and Lithuania for the olympics
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#971 » by King of Canada » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:58 pm

Knicks Byke wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

im pretty sure he was joking :lol:

i hope...if not. you know what to do.

No, I know he was joking, i assumed he didn't see the game wanted to add my input.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#972 » by magnumt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:58 pm

Jesus Juice wrote:KP looks to be filling in at a nice rate I love that he hasn't bulked up super quick.. I don't think he will ever be super jacked like AD but dude def looks more solid than dirk ever did.

I also enjoyed seeing the Knicks jerseys in the crowd, if our team ever gets it together Knicks jerseys in Spain, France, Latavia, and Lithuania for the olympics

His base is definitely stronger. He can battle better than his prior two years down low in the Paint.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#973 » by magnumt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:We have a future franchise player
On the new york knicks
The new york **** knicks!

We may have more than one. ;)

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#974 » by Marty McFly » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:00 am

phil's looking like a bigger dumb ass by the day. kp and lonzo would have been an unreal pairing. we could have had a chance to draft lonzo if we tanked from the get go, but this **** idiot had to be an idiot.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Hemispheres
Veteran
And1: 981

Post#975 » by Hemispheres » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:12 am

KP is that rare perfect combo of Unicorn and God that you don't see in too many players.
Hemispheres
Veteran
And1: 981

Post#976 » by Hemispheres » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:15 am

Marty McFly wrote:phil's looking like a bigger dumb ass by the day. kp and lonzo would have been an unreal pairing. we could have had a chance to draft lonzo if we tanked from the get go, but this **** idiot had to be an idiot.

A lot of us are super high on Frank and have been since before the draft. As incompetent as Phil looked at times I'll never be able to hate him since he got us the Frank/KP pairing.
Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Post#977 » by Kurt Rambis » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:29 am

Marty McFly wrote:phil's looking like a bigger dumb ass by the day. kp and lonzo would have been an unreal pairing. we could have had a chance to draft lonzo if we tanked from the get go, but this **** idiot had to be an idiot.

I agree on Phil did terrible job at tanking year after year. Not just this year but even the year we have drafted KP. We screw tanking by our mistakes, then we try to go up by trading talent.

Now i don't believe P.Jackson would do trade straight up for number 1 pick…but still what's the point of not tanking properly and get 8th pick to negotiate for higher picks later on?

I hate this old school morality. Just tank you idiot. I hate coaches who don't try hack a Shaq to the bad FT shooters and lose games… or not fouling to stop fast breaks… etc. Do whatever it takes to get a step ahead of opponents.

I hope we tank for real if we can't make playoffs this year.
Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Post#978 » by Kurt Rambis » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:34 am

magnumt wrote:
Jesus Juice wrote:KP looks to be filling in at a nice rate I love that he hasn't bulked up super quick.. I don't think he will ever be super jacked like AD but dude def looks more solid than dirk ever did.

His base is definitely stronger. He can battle better than his prior two years down low in the Paint.

So are you saying he can make into greatassdaily one day?
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#979 » by Marty McFly » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:40 am

Hemispheres wrote:

A lot of us are super high on Frank and have been since before the draft. As incompetent as Phil looked at times I'll never be able to hate him since he got us the Frank/KP pairing.

I'm high on frank as well, but that's not the point.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,260

Post#980 » by Gant » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:42 am

Kurt Rambis wrote:

I agree on Phil did terrible job at tanking year after year. Not just this year but even the year we have drafted KP. We screw tanking by our mistakes, then we try to go up by trading talent.

Now i don't believe P.Jackson would do trade straight up for number 1 pick…but still what's the point of not tanking properly and get 8th pick to negotiate for higher picks later on?

I hate this old school morality. Just tank you idiot. I hate coaches who don't try hack a Shaq to the bad FT shooters and lose games… or not fouling to stop fast breaks… etc. Do whatever it takes to get a step ahead of opponents.

I hope we tank for real if we can't make playoffs this year.

Even if Carmelo Anthony is traded, with so many very bad teams this season, it's hard to fully tank and play Porzingis too. It's one or the other.

Return to New York Knicks