All Things Luka Doncic

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

kayath
Sophomore
And1: 202

Re: Is Luka Dončić 2018 NBA draft 1st pick? 

Post#321 » by kayath » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:49 pm

BoardCrusher wrote:
reanimator wrote:
Read on Twitter

agreed

youre such a **** troll.

Last year when DE had doncic ranked at #1, you had so much to say over DE and how they dont know **** about anything etc.

And now youre here quoting the same people and how you agree with them?

Don't know why you reply even, while he is just provoking most of the time and not capable of any constructive debate.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#322 » by reanimator » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:14 pm

BoardCrusher wrote:
reanimator wrote:
Read on Twitter

agreed

youre such a **** troll.

Last year when DE had doncic ranked at #1, you had so much to say over DE and how they dont know **** about anything etc.

Schmitz is now an employee of ESPN not DX. I'm glad he smartened up since last year.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,241

Post#323 » by UcanUwill » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:25 pm

When he has the ball in ahlf court, he always relies on the screen, lacks any Isolation skill at halfcourt. That is the main negative of his game. Another big takeaway is just how ordinary Dragic looks. Most of the time, they dont even try to run plays through him, he just stands in the corner.
BoardCrusher
Junior
And1: 319

Post#324 » by BoardCrusher » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:40 pm

reanimator wrote:
BoardCrusher wrote:
reanimator wrote:
Read on Twitter

agreed

youre such a **** troll.

Schmitz is now an employee of ESPN not DX. I'm glad he smartened up since last year.

So he smartened up, but hes still promoting DE videos on his twitter acount, gotcha!

dude just stop trying, just get outta this thread, youve made a big enough idiot out of yourself already, you dont have to put in anymore effort
reanimator
Analyst

Post#325 » by reanimator » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:49 pm

BoardCrusher wrote:
reanimator wrote:
BoardCrusher wrote:
youre such a **** troll.

So he smartened up, but hes still promoting DE videos on his twitter acount, gotcha!

dude just stop trying, just get outta this thread, youve made a big enough idiot out of yourself already, you dont have to put in anymore effort

I feel certain I'm less of an "idiot" than the guys throwing around Magic Johnson comps and trashing Michael Porter Jr.
SportsGuy8
Starter
And1: 1,050

Post#326 » by SportsGuy8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:59 pm

A bad game tonight. 8 pts, 8 reb, 4 ast, 2/10 FG with multiple turnovers.

0/5 from 3. Hopefully this is going to bring some people's unrealistic expectations down a bit. It's a must as there's going to be too much pressure otherwise. Sure, he was probably also a bit tired, but they're going to have back-to-backs in Eurobasket also, so it's not much of an excuse.

Tonight's shooting performance also shows that we really need to get more games in before we jump to any conclusions regarding his shooting improvement. Variance really plays a huge role in small sample sizes ... Even long 82-game NBA seasons aren't immune to variance.
BoardCrusher
Junior
And1: 319

Post#327 » by BoardCrusher » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:04 pm

reanimator wrote:
BoardCrusher wrote:
reanimator wrote:

I feel certain I'm less of an "idiot" than the guys throwing around Magic Johnson comps and trashing Michael Porter Jr.

So....someone trashed MPJ and now you feel like you gotta trash Doncic in every thread and provoke others?
good to know your agenda, some mod should put you in place before you derail this thread again to the point it gets closed.

get a **** life
reanimator
Analyst

Post#328 » by reanimator » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:05 pm

BoardCrusher wrote:
reanimator wrote:
BoardCrusher wrote:

So....someone trashed MPJ and now you feel like you gotta trash Doncic in every thread and provoke others?
good to know your agenda, some mod should put you in place before you derail this thread again to the point it gets closed.

get a **** life

Saying I'm doubtful about Doncic as a scorer in the NBA is "trashing" him? I'm sorry some of us are actually trying to be objective about him as a prospect.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#329 » by Bob8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:08 pm

reanimator wrote:
BoardCrusher wrote:
reanimator wrote:

Saying that Porter is playing against kids and asking how you can assess him, is trashing him? :wink: Doncic is playing 2 years with professionals and if tomorrow both go in the Nba, Doncic can easily play 20 minutes/game and Porter can't play 5 minutes. But I don't go to Porter thread and doubt about him, like you do in Doncic thread, with no arguments of course.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#330 » by Bob8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:09 pm

SportsGuy8 wrote:A bad game tonight. 8 pts, 8 reb, 4 ast, 2/10 FG with multiple turnovers.

0/5 from 3. Hopefully this is going to bring some people's unrealistic expectations down a bit. It's a must as there's going to be too much pressure otherwise. Sure, he was probably also a bit tired, but they're going to have back-to-backs in Eurobasket also, so it's not much of an excuse.

Tonight's shooting performance also shows that we really need to get more games in before we jump to any conclusions regarding his shooting improvement. Variance really plays a huge role in small sample sizes ... Even long 82-game NBA seasons aren't immune to variance.

What unrealistic expectation? Yes, he had bad game. But still the best rebounder(8), assistant and most fouls received. :wink: He will have for sure even worse games, but the important thing is, he's together with Dragic leader of the team. And this's not small thing for the 18 years old rookie.
SportsGuy8
Starter
And1: 1,050

Post#331 » by SportsGuy8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Yes, of course, I was targeting the expectations of him now being an "elite shooter", or even top scorer ...

There's no doubt in my mind that he's going to continue filling up the stat sheets and be by far the most all-around and complete player on the team.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#332 » by Catchall » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:34 am

I think he's a top 5 or so pick. He'll be an elite triple-threat wing in the NBA, like a rich man's Danilo Gallinari (the younger, less injury plagued version who played the 3). Just needs to keep working on his jumper and his athleticism to be a bit more efficient. He'd be awesome in a system that spaces the floor and moves the ball, like the Spurs.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Stackey
Junior
And1: 123

Post#333 » by Stackey » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:43 am

Maybe I said it already, but if I was a Doncic, I would be so offended by not being pick number 1 that I wouldn't go to the NBA at all. Ever.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#334 » by Mulhollanddrive » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:58 am

green font
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,241

Post#335 » by UcanUwill » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:56 am

Stackey wrote:Maybe I said it already, but if I was a Doncic, I would be so offended by not being pick number 1 that I wouldn't go to the NBA at all. Ever.

... What?
saphan
Freshman
And1: 230

Post#336 » by saphan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:36 pm

As a Doncic fan, I realy don't care if he's picked 1st, 2nd or 3rd. As it looks now, he is going to be a top 5 pick and I care more about him being drafted by the right team, then being first.

Personaly I'd love if Knicks or Suns pick him.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,864

Post#337 » by Goudelock » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:40 pm

saphan wrote:As a Doncic fan, I realy don't care if he's picked 1st, 2nd or 3rd. As it looks now, he is going to be a top 5 pick and I care more about him being drafted by the right team, then being first.

Could you imagine the kind of passing that would go on if the Lakers somehow lucked into Doncic next year? Doncic + Ball = :pray:
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Post#338 » by MUpacersSIC » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:57 pm

PockyCandy wrote:
saphan wrote:As a Doncic fan, I realy don't care if he's picked 1st, 2nd or 3rd. As it looks now, he is going to be a top 5 pick and I care more about him being drafted by the right team, then being first.

Could you imagine the kind of passing that would go on if the Lakers somehow lucked into Doncic next year? Doncic + Ball = :pray:

How? Don't the Lakers lose their pick?
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,864

Post#339 » by Goudelock » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:13 pm

MUpacersSIC wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:

How? Don't the Lakers lose their pick?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that......
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,465

Post#340 » by Mirotic12 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:50 pm

UcanUwill wrote:When he has the ball in ahlf court, he always relies on the screen, lacks any Isolation skill at halfcourt. That is the main negative of his game. Another big takeaway is just how ordinary Dragic looks. Most of the time, they dont even try to run plays through him, he just stands in the corner.

Remember that debate we had here about Dragic before? Myself and some others here said he would be nothing more than an average player in EuroLeague. We took a ton of heat for that from NBA fans. but reality is reality. He's a lot like Giannis and Rubio - totally needs NBA rules and reffing to be effective.

Return to NBA Draft