ImageImageImageImageImage

Clippers Introduce Beverley, Dekker, Williams, Harrell, Evans and Thornwell

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Re: Clippers Introduce Beverley, Dekker, Williams, Harrell, Evans and Thornwell 

Post#21 » by mkwest » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:02 am

Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 726

Post#22 » by Captain Ballmer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:47 am

mkwest wrote:

Dekker looks like a shark out there attacking fiercely when he smells the blood. And smelling blood is when you see Kanter, Kaminsky, Bender, Chriss, Sabonis, Randolph, Aldridge, Nance Jr. out there trying to protect the rim. :lol:
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#23 » by esqtvd » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:34 am

DieHardFan wrote:
mkwest wrote:

Dekker looks like a shark out there attacking fiercely when he smells the blood. And smelling blood is when you see Kanter, Kaminsky, Bender, Chriss, Sabonis, Randolph, Aldridge, Nance Jr. out there trying to protect the rim. :lol:

I'm liking it. A #18 pick, higher than we've has access to, now with a full NBA year under his belt. Just turned 23. Best "rookie" since Blake. Only hit 32% of his 3-balls but took a lot of them [44% of his shots]. That should get better.

6'9," he's a soft 4, but still scooped up 7.2 rebs per 36 minutes if he spells Blake. And if he can give us some length at SF when Gallo's resting or injured [probably both], Dekko could see a lot of minutes.

A rich man's Jeff Green. :P
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,160

Post#24 » by og15 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:09 am

Imagine if Wesley Johnson could dribble the ball and knew the value of cutting? Yea, just imagine....

Dekker does all the off ball things a guy like Luc does, but he's just got more athleticism. Reminds me of Matty B with more athleticism and a little more handle though neither is any sort of spectacular ball handler
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#25 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:33 am

This video tells you all you need to know about Sam Dekker and his make up.
Onions boys.

Of course I'm not biased at all. Means nothing to me to have a Badger on the Clippers. Honest.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#26 » by TucsonClip » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Quake, if you show Dekker's miracle, rainbow, fadeaway threes against Arizona in the regional finals, I may have to jump out a window.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#27 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:57 pm

Ask and you shall receive.

Great times living in Madison. :cry:
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#28 » by TucsonClip » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:16 pm

Bunch of garbage. I was at both UA UW games. Lets just say they are now in top 5 UA fandom of hate hell.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#29 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:49 am

TucsonClip wrote:Bunch of garbage. I was at both UA UW games. Lets just say they are now in top 5 UA fandom of hate hell.

Great times.

I was skeptical in 2014 but was certain we'd get you guys in 2015. Madison was a **** show both years.

You've seen a natty. I haven't
Let me have those 2 games.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Dekker Gets State Farm Assist in Home Repair 

Post#30 » by Ranma » Thu Sep 7, 2017 8:56 pm

It turned out that the garbage disposal was just unplugged. :lol:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,293

Post#31 » by nickhx2 » Thu Sep 7, 2017 9:00 pm

LOL
Ranma
RealGM

Sports Illustrated's Top 100 NBA Players of 2018 (51-100) 

Post#32 » by Ranma » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:23 am

Rob Mahoney, SI.com (9/11/17)
93. LOU WILLIAMS, CLIPPERS

As a professional scorer, Williams (17.5 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 3.0 APG) is clearly valuable but short of vital. Part of the appeal is that nothing needs to be built around him. Possession of the ball and a few seconds to spare is usually enough; Williams is so crafty at dancing his way into scoring opportunities that years of scouting reports have done little to stop him. Opponents know that Williams is waiting for them to lunge so that he might draw a foul. Still they’re convinced to jump whenever Williams creates enough separation for an open jumper, leaving them floating for a few helpless seconds as Williams lines up his play. His capacity to draw fouls (8.3 free throw attempts per 36 minutes) made Williams one of the most effective pick-and-roll scorers in the league last season despite his high usage—an unusual combination for a nominal role player. It works, though decidedly less so in the altered conditions of the postseason.

Ben Golliver, SI.com (9/11/17)
90. PATRICK BEVERLEY, CLIPPERS

The discussion around Beverley (9.5 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 4.2 APG) usually begins with his smothering on-ball defense or his knack for riling up opponents, but the hard-nosed point guard is more accurately viewed as a complete, two-way contributor. Although the former second-round pick and one-time international journeyman isn’t equipped to beat defenses with his own offense, he has become an ideal backcourt running mate for a ball-dominant star—on offense—thanks to his dependable spot-up three-point shooting, capable pick-and-roll game, and propensity for making hustle plays. “When you’re going into the alley or if you’re trying to find a pick-up game, you want him with you,” Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni said during the playoffs, following the death of Beverley’s grandfather. “Whatever we want to do, we want Pat. He has an amazing spirit and determination. Enormous heart.”

Defense, of course, is where the 29-year-old Beverley first made his name and where he continues to shine brightest. Last season, he ranked second among point guards in Defensive Real Plus-Minus and earned All-Defensive First-Team honors. The biggest knock on Beverley, who projects as the Clippers’ starter after being traded this summer, remains his durability: He’s missed nearly 30% of his team’s games during his NBA career.

The Crossover's Top 100 NBA Players of 2018
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Williams 81st and Beverley 50th on ESPN's Top 100 

Post#33 » by Ranma » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:39 pm

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#34 » by esqtvd » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:51 am

The biggest knock on Beverley, who projects as the Clippers’ starter after being traded this summer, remains his durability: He’s missed nearly 30% of his team’s games during his NBA career.

Oy. Nobody's going to be complaining about minutes on this team. Just wait your turn.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers