Moderator: THE J0KER

Veyron
Senior
And1: 509

Re: Eurobasket 2017 

Post#101 » by Veyron » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:39 pm

MartinsLusis wrote:
Veyron wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Serbia is without best player Jokic (+Bjelica), Croatia is still very young and lacks Zizic and Zubac in their big man rotation (+Hezonja), and in Slovenia team, I think Dragic and Doncic will need some time to find together most effective game formula because both are basically point guards. All these three teams (+France with you? Gobert) will be much stronger at upcoming WC19, Tokyo20, and Euro21, unlike Spain which is in big decline. So, the most overrated team in these odds are Greece, because Giannis Antetokounmpo will not play 99% due a knee injury, but bookmakers obviously still waiting for official confirmation before correction.

Yea but im watching France and they are far from their good days, they are nothing special, turkey is nothing for years only + for them is homecourt. Serbia is just great basketball system they would be great if they play with only euroleague players . ANd I think Latvia will be surprise.

My opinion is also that Croatia and SLovenia are stronger than Lithuania at the moment despite reasons u made.

Being a latvian, I can confirm that Latvia will surprise many teams and fans this year. We have a really solid core with 2 NBA players and a few very decent Euroleague guys (Dairis Bertans, Janis Timma, Janis Strelnieks, possible Rolands Smits), as well as some good role players.

Ye, will be hard to defend two bigs at 4 and 5 bertans and KP.
jinxed
Starter
And1: 1,298

Post#102 » by jinxed » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:02 pm

How is Serbia doing in prep games?
Check out my book! "The Awakened Ape :A Biohacker's Guide to Evolutionary Fitness, Natural Ecstasy, and Stress-Free Living"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSJN3Q4?ref_=pe_2427780_160035660
HEKTOR
Veteran
And1: 1,323

Post#103 » by HEKTOR » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:38 pm

They are undefeated.
Beat Greece 93:61
Beat Montenegro 82:71
Beat Poland 82:71
Beat Russia 85:78
Beat Germany 87:56

Getting some good performances from a variety of players like Bogdanovic, Bircevic, Macvan, Kuzmic, Jovic, and Stimac.

The problem is the injuries as Teodosic is now out of the tournament along with Raduljica, Simonovic, Bjelica, and of course Jokic and Markovic which was known for sometime.
EuropeanBball
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#104 » by EuropeanBball » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Read on Twitter

+ Mirotic, Bjelica, Vesely, Radulica, Ilyasova, Zubac...
Veyron
Senior

Post#105 » by Veyron » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:34 pm

FIBA fking useless retards will destroy EB.
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

A point about France 

Post#106 » by a-French-Fan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:03 am

France 67 - 53 Tunisia : A really friendly game to start with a low level opponent
France 87 - 92 Croatia: good offense, but zero defense
France 98 - 77 Lithuana: very good offense, some defense
Lithuania 96 - 71: No defense, dirty offense.
France 85 - 60 Belgium; France 100 - 70 Montenegro ; France 88 - 63 Italy (without Bargnani and Gallinari): Offensive party!

Finally, I liked the offensive moves, the ball moved really more than Parker lead the team. I was worried about Gobert absence, and I am still worried about. Also I don't understand the choice to play Croatia and Lithuania at the beginning and then to play Belgium and Montenegro (Serbia, Spain, or even Latvia or Slovenia could be better tests).

So I don't expect anything from this team, I let them suprising me :) They will be able to beat everyone but also to lose versus anyone. I only expect them to be best offense of the championship.

The most important is not this Eurobasket but the future with 2024.

I am really excited for the future, and after U18 in 2016, France won U16 this week-end, that is very good news for 2019 WC and ... Paris 2024!

WC 2019:
Heurtel - Ntilikina - Diot or Westermann
De Colo - Fournier (and Edwin Jackson?)
Batum - Doumbouya (experience for 2024)
Lauvergne - Labeyrie?
Gobert - the one with the best form of the moment between a lot of guys (Seraphin, Mahimni, Poirier, Fall etc...)

For 2024, we have some really safe prospects with Ntlikina, Doumbouya, Hayes, Maledon, Hoard, Cazalon (and maybe Tom Digbeu, who may choose France or Spain). Fournier, Gobert and Lauvergne will be on top of their career.
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,483

Post#107 » by THE J0KER » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:21 pm

Veyron wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:
Veyron wrote:Image

Turkey, France, Lithuania too high. Croatian and Slovenia too low.

Serbia should be above Spain.

Serbia is without best player Jokic (+Bjelica), Croatia is still very young and lacks Zizic and Zubac in their big man rotation (+Hezonja), and in Slovenia team, I think Dragic and Doncic will need some time to find together most effective game formula because both are basically point guards. All these three teams (+France with Gobert) will be much stronger at upcoming WC19, Tokyo20, and Euro21, unlike Spain which is in big decline. So, the most overrated team in these odds are Greece, because Giannis Antetokounmpo will not play 99% due a knee injury, but bookmakers obviously still waiting for official confirmation before correction.

Yea but im watching France and they are far from their good days, they are nothing special, turkey is nothing for years only + for them is homecourt. Serbia is just great basketball system they would be great if they play with only euroleague players . ANd I think Latvia will be surprise.

My opinion is also that Croatia and SLovenia are stronger than Lithuania at the moment despite reasons u made.

Now when Teodosic is out, I'm not sure even is Serbia TOP3 contender anymore. BTW I take a deeper look at this odds and realize that most underrated team currently is Montenegro. Most odds on MNE are between 60-80, but a couple of bookmakers (Unibet, 888sport...) give insane 250:1 winning odds on them, 40:1 for TOP3 (any medal)!? I don't say that Vucevic, Dubljevic, Tyrese Rice... are serious contenders for the gold even in this weakened competition, but 40:1 odds for any medal is crazy high.

Spain is now clear favorite for the title. Behind is a group of several teams with almost same chances (France, Serbia, Croatia, Lithuania), and not far behind this group are several "dark horses" which eventual semifinal will not be so big sensation in such "starless" competition.
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#108 » by burek3 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:21 pm

From what I have seen so far, SRB is playing even better without Teodosic. I don't think they are in any way handicapped without him.
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
jinxed
Starter

Post#109 » by jinxed » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:52 pm

burek3 wrote:From what I have seen so far, SRB is playing even better without Teodosic. I don't think they are in any way handicapped without him.

What happened to Teodosic? I just googled it, and none of the articles listed a specific injury, other than to say it is chronic and he couldn't get healthy.
Check out my book! "The Awakened Ape :A Biohacker's Guide to Evolutionary Fitness, Natural Ecstasy, and Stress-Free Living"

jinxed
Starter

Post#110 » by jinxed » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:54 pm

HEKTOR wrote:They are undefeated.
Beat Greece 93:61
Beat Montenegro 82:71
Beat Poland 82:71
Beat Russia 85:78
Beat Germany 87:56

Getting some good performances from a variety of players like Bogdanovic, Bircevic, Macvan, Kuzmic, Jovic, and Stimac.

The problem is the injuries as Teodosic is now out of the tournament along with Raduljica, Simonovic, Bjelica, and of course Jokic and Markovic which was known for sometime.

How's Boban doing? I love that guy.

maRioGrande
Sophomore
And1: 165

Post#111 » by maRioGrande » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:57 pm

jinxed wrote:
burek3 wrote:From what I have seen so far, SRB is playing even better without Teodosic. I don't think they are in any way handicapped without him.

What happened to Teodosic? I just googled it, and none of the articles listed a specific injury, other than to say it is chronic and he couldn't get healthy.

Calf injury. He would probably play if he was still playing in Europe
HEKTOR
Veteran
And1: 1,323

Post#112 » by HEKTOR » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:31 am

jinxed wrote:How's Boban doing? I love that guy.

Not too great to be honest. I mean, not 'bad' per se just Djordjevic doesn't seem to play around him and as a result he doesn't seem as effective. Djordjevic wants to play faster but Boban isn't exactly the guy for that.
Genjuro
Sixth Man
And1: 220

Post#113 » by Genjuro » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:47 am

IMO Serbia is going to do well in this watered-down tournament, but I don't see how Teodosic's absence doesn't hurt them. He's too good and they lack creative difference makers now.

HEKTOR wrote:
jinxed wrote:How's Boban doing? I love that guy.

Not too great to be honest. I mean, not 'bad' per se just Djordjevic doesn't seem to play around him and as a result he doesn't seem as effective. Djordjevic wants to play faster but Boban isn't exactly the guy for that.

Yes, I would say Djordjevic would be happier without Marjanovic in the team, so he doesn't need to justify why he doesn't play. He simply doesn't fit his style.
TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Post#114 » by TheTrooper » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:13 am

Veyron wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Image

Serbia without Jokic (+Bjelica) and France without Gobert (+Parker) is still close to Spain.

At next Eurobasket in 2021 Gasol brothers will be 40 and 36 old and most probably both will not play, so Spain team after a while will not be considered as #1 favorite for European gold. A new era is coming.

tURKEY, France, Lithuania too high. Croatian and SLovenia too low.

Croatia and Slovenia are fine where they are. Especially Croatia. We need to pray to God that nothing happens to Saric or Bogdanovic otherwise we do not even have the quality to go to the second round.
Bogdanovic and Saric are top 5 players on their positions on this level,Simon is a good Euroleague player offensively and that is it. Rest of the team is just bad. Their role comes down to playing some defense and hitting an open 3,IF they are even capable of doing that at this level.If Ukic doesn't recover we probably have the worst PG duo on this Eurobasket and its not even close.
LuDux1
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,973

Post#115 » by LuDux1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Kairys and Juskevicius out

Final Lithuanian NT roster: Valanciunas, Gudaitis, Motiejunas, Kuzminskas, Bendzius, Maciulis, Ulanovas, Grigonis, Milaknis, Gecevicius, Kalnietis, Lekavicius
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,067

Post#116 » by UcanUwill » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:25 pm

LuDux1 wrote:Kairys and Juskevicius out

Final roster: Valanciunas, Gudaitis, Motiejunas, Kuzminskas, Bendzius, Maciulis, Ulanovas, Grigonis, Milaknis, Gecevicius, Kalnietis, Lekavicius

Yeah, not surprising, it was between Kairys and Bendzius, but Bendzius looked surprisingly decent in limited minutes. I checked his ACB stats, and those are pretty terrible tho.
Veyron
Senior

Post#117 » by Veyron » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:55 pm

TheTrooper wrote:
Veyron wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Image

Serbia without Jokic (+Bjelica) and France without Gobert (+Parker) is still close to Spain.

At next Eurobasket in 2021 Gasol brothers will be 40 and 36 old and most probably both will not play, so Spain team after a while will not be considered as #1 favorite for European gold. A new era is coming.

tURKEY, France, Lithuania too high. Croatian and SLovenia too low.

Croatia and Slovenia are fine where they are. Especially Croatia. We need to pray to God that nothing happens to Saric or Bogdanovic otherwise we do not even have the quality to go to the second round.
Bogdanovic and Saric are top 5 players on their positions on this level,Simon is a good Euroleague player offensively and that is it. Rest of the team is just bad. Their role comes down to playing some defense and hitting an open 3,IF they are even capable of doing that at this level.If Ukic doesn't recover we probably have the worst PG duo on this Eurobasket and its not even close.

Team sports are not that simple, its not everything about names on paper. You can be top team by only having 2 great player and rest good role players that know their role.
EuropeanBball
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#118 » by EuropeanBball » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:28 pm

Read on Twitter
TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Post#119 » by TheTrooper » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:48 pm

Veyron wrote:
TheTrooper wrote:Croatia and Slovenia are fine where they are. Especially Croatia. We need to pray to God that nothing happens to Saric or Bogdanovic otherwise we do not even have the quality to go to the second round.

Team sports are not that simple, its not everything about names on paper. You can be top team by only having 2 great player and rest good role players that know their role.

Just one injury or a bad game from Saric or Bogdanovic and we have no chance of winning against anyone at Eurobasket.
This team is extremely dependent on 2 players and is something that I don't like at all,but with good role players it's not that big of a deal. The problem is our role players now are guys like Mavra,Kruslin, Buva, Ramljak, recovering and aging Ukic & Tomas and a walking zombie Zoric.

It's not all names on paper,but you have to admit that this squad other than 3-4 names is just bad. Very few of them are good role players as you said.
Our game has been the same for the last 3-4 years - it's Bogdanovic and Saric + their little helpers. But it's one thing to have Hezonja or Babic as being role players or have Ramljak/Mavra/Kruslin do the "helping" for example.

I just don't have a good feeling about this team.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,067

Post#120 » by UcanUwill » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Lithuanian energizer Lukas Lekavicius broke his foot in a game against Iceland, and will miss Eurobasket. Adas Juskevicius named as his replacement.

Return to International Basketball