ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA, 2016-17 Season thread

Mkdaman1818
Sixth Man
And1: 1,101

Re: Around the NBA, 2016-17 Season thread 

Post#1761 » by Mkdaman1818 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:36 am

Paradise wrote:
Mkdaman1818 wrote:How on earth are the Knicks able to host a Christmas game. That sixers Knicks game is going to be a **** show. No Spurs or clippers this year...

Timberwolves / Spurs on Oct 18th.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Would have loved to see that as an xmas matchup, and clippers lakers instead. Take out the dumb Sixers Knicks game.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#1762 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:54 am

Mkdaman1818 wrote:How on earth are the Knicks able to host a Christmas game. That sixers Knicks game is going to be a **** show. No Spurs or clippers this year...

New York is one of the largest markets. Notice the Lakers are also on the Christmas Day Slate? It's a pure business move.

The Nets had Christmas games a few years back when we first moved to New York. And the end result was uninspired, horrible blow out games thanks to guys like Deron Williams and Joe Johnson just wanting to get it over with.

The NBA will give us another chance one day I predict, but this franchise burned the league badly on those christmas day games. Like dudes didn't give a **** at all about the game. it was embarrassing.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1763 » by Paradise » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:25 am

#FreeZ-Bo

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1764 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:29 am

Paradise wrote:#FreeZ-Bo

Randolph is still locked up???

I can't believe this dude is still running around with weed on him.

Paradise

Post#1765 » by Paradise » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:31 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:#FreeZ-Bo

Randolph is still locked up???

I can't believe this dude is still running around with weed on him.

That was the only reason he probably signed with Sacramento. He should've signed with Denver instead.

In all seriousness, he's facing a possible ban from the league. I really hope not but it is his own fault.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1766 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:50 am

2 pounds of **** weed

No one needs 2 lbs for personal use.

How are you an NBA player that has grossed 140 million total and you're getting hit with felony intent to distribute charges? If you want a side hustle, invest in rental property or a goddamn start up.

Compare this with Trevor Booker who is a beast with his off the court investments. Character matters.

Zach Randolph is a loser.

Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#1767 » by Curns13 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:33 am

Serious, but silly, question. Could an NBA player start up a weed distribution business in Colorado? In the eyes of the law there, it would be no different to Skill running his juice shop. Can the NBA step in when someone is using their own money and isn't breaking the law?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1768 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:03 pm

Curns13 wrote:Serious, but silly, question. Could an NBA player start up a weed distribution business in Colorado? In the eyes of the law there, it would be no different to Skill running his juice shop. Can the NBA step in when someone is using their own money and isn't breaking the law?

if he had proper licensing, I don't think so. however i don't know if language in the CBA would prevent that.

Paradise

Post#1769 » by Paradise » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:15 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:2 pounds of **** weed

How are you an NBA player that has grossed 140 million total and you're getting hit with felony intent to distribute charges? If you want a side hustle, invest in rental property or a goddamn start up.

Compare this with Trevor Booker who is a beast with his off the court investments. Character matters.

TBH, If I'm a millionaire athlete. I wouldn't be buying an 8th for $40 dollars. It is the off-season and there is a few months where a loophole usually helps certain guys smoke and continue to pass. I think the fact he was at a party and he had a pound. The officers assume he's dealing it. Not always the case.

You right, though. That's exactly why Trevor Booker is still here. He's a great locker room guy, he's smart as hell and he is tough without having to create a scene on himself.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1770 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Paradise wrote:

TBH, If I'm a millionaire athlete. I wouldn't be buying an 8th for $40 dollars. It is the off-season and there is a few months where a loophole usually helps certain guys smoke and continue to pass. I think the fact he was at a party and he had a pound. The officers assume he's dealing it. Not always the case.

You right, though. That's exactly why Trevor Booker is still here. He's a great locker room guy, he's smart as hell and he is tough without having to create a scene on himself.

If I'm a pro athlete you won't find me near a large enough amount of weed for me to get hit with felony intent to distribute. I have no problem with smoking weed, I think it should be decriminalized and regulated/sold for public consumption (I stopped smoking it years ago...it stifles ambition to me), its a way better alternative to frickin alcohol and opiods but common sense goes a long way. Party or not, having a pound on you is nuts, of course the cops assume he's selling it :lol: either way, sheesh.

Yeah Booker is awesome. The story about him and his best friend's businesses and investing is a great read if you ever have time.

Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#1771 » by Ror1997 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:32 pm

If you're a millionaire, you have 50 different lawyers who can easily get you off those charges
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#1772 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:12 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:

If I'm a pro athlete you won't find me near a large enough amount of weed for me to get hit with felony intent to distribute. I have no problem with smoking weed, I think it should be decriminalized and regulated/sold for public consumption (I stopped smoking it years ago...it stifles ambition to me), its a way better alternative to frickin alcohol and opiods but common sense goes a long way. Party or not, having a pound on you is nuts, of course the cops assume he's selling it :lol: either way, sheesh.

Yeah Booker is awesome. The story about him and his best friend's businesses and investing is a great read if you ever have time.

What the **** is he even doing at Nickerson Gardens at 11pm on a Wednesday at a "party" anyway??? :lol:

Chances are this dude is heavily involved in some shady ****, with some shady individuals, as an in general just based on this. Dude's like him don't hang in places like that without any problems unless they're affiliated, or else they get robbed and injured, or kidnapped. This dude is probably a shot caller, even if it's just cause they let his money hang around.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1773 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:36 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:TBH, If I'm a millionaire athlete. I wouldn't be buying an 8th for $40 dollars. It is the off-season and there is a few months where a loophole usually helps certain guys smoke and continue to pass. I think the fact he was at a party and he had a pound. The officers assume he's dealing it. Not always the case.

What the **** is he even doing at Nickerson Gardens at 11pm on a Wednesday at a "party" anyway??? :lol:

Chances are this dude is heavily involved in some shady ****, with some shady individuals, as an in general just based on this. Dude's like him don't hang in places like that without any problems unless they're affiliated, or else they get robbed and injured, or kidnapped. This dude is probably a shot caller, even if it's just cause they let his money hang around.

This was my initial thought, that he is on some gang related ****. How are you rolling with pounds to a "party"?

It doesn't take that much to get high if its literally just to have fun.

The NBA is talking about a ban. Pro sports leagues have private detectives down w/ law enforcement that can get information. If the NBA is talking about banning him, they know what he's really doing.

Paradise

Post#1774 » by Paradise » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:20 am

Z-Bo is a rolling crip I believe so it is gang related.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#1775 » by shakendfries » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:58 pm

Read on Twitter

mood

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
KlicKlac
Analyst
And1: 331

Post#1776 » by KlicKlac » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:01 am

Holy crap!
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#1777 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:04 am

And there it is.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Lead Assistant
And1: 277

Post#1778 » by 624 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:08 am

Celtics got robbed haha and no longer control our pick. I'm so happy about this trade.
antique0o0
Senior
And1: 53

Post#1779 » by antique0o0 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:18 am

It make sense from Celtics perspective. They won enough games with Thomas and Bradley, now it's upgrading time for them.
This is the best Cavs could get..
Most NBA stats aren't credible. At most times the people who interprets those data are biased, or the data themselves are flawed. Basketball is just too complicated with so many uncontrollable variables.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#1780 » by Claud » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:59 am

I like it for both teams. Lebron gets IT plus Crowder who can run with him easily to another NBA finals trip IMO. To top it off our pick.. solid move by the Cavs. From Boston's perspective they finally cashed in some of those chips they had on a legit star player. Irving isn't a franchise player but he's still an elite guard in this league and an upgrade over IT. Sucks to lose Crowder on a good contract but it's the cost of business. Both teams got better today IMHO.

From a Nets fan POV...at least we don't have to deal with Boston fans anymore :lol:

Return to Brooklyn Nets