ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1881 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:36 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
magnumt wrote:

--Mags

are these numbers supposed to be rank? if so, i'd slide Q down to 10 and bump the other two up.

that's just me tho.

Give me 10 and J and please post more of these. I've had enough of Kyrie and Melo.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#1882 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:03 pm

basketboule wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
magnumt wrote:

--Mags

are these numbers supposed to be rank? if so, i'd slide Q down to 10 and bump the other two up.

that's just me tho.

Give me 10 and J and please post more of these. I've had enough of Kyrie and Melo.

i'll take K too. just not feeling Q, i suppose.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#1883 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Is Blake Griffin trolling us?

http://knicks.247sports.com/Bolt/Blake-Griffin-says-LeBron-will-team-up-with-the-Banana-Boat-crew-106333812

Honestly, I don’t see him coming to L.A. period. Listen, again, I have no idea [laughs]. I think something is brewing with him and his group of guys. I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I think something’s brewing and they’re going to try to make that work.

I could see him going to New York before L.A. I still think, when you go to the Garden, it’s a completely different feeling. The energy, there seems like there’s just a consistent buzz the entire game. … Even last year when you go play them, it’s still there.
semjazy
Junior
And1: 169

Post#1884 » by semjazy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:41 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Is Blake Griffin trolling us?

http://knicks.247sports.com/Bolt/Blake-Griffin-says-LeBron-will-team-up-with-the-Banana-Boat-crew-106333812

Honestly, I don’t see him coming to L.A. period. Listen, again, I have no idea [laughs]. I think something is brewing with him and his group of guys. I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I think something’s brewing and they’re going to try to make that work.

I could see him going to New York before L.A. I still think, when you go to the Garden, it’s a completely different feeling. The energy, there seems like there’s just a consistent buzz the entire game. … Even last year when you go play them, it’s still there.

Here we go again... Next season is going to be annoying
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1885 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:51 pm

semjazy wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Is Blake Griffin trolling us?

KP
Lebron
Melo
CP3
THJ

:rofl2:
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1886 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:20 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
semjazy wrote:

KP
Lebron
Melo
CP3
THJ

Well, trade everyone else. It would be a one year dynasty. It would definitely work, like the last time we tried this. :lol:

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

semjazy
Junior
And1: 169

Post#1887 » by semjazy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:37 pm

BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
semjazy wrote:

KP
Lebron
Melo
CP3
THJ

Well, trade everyone else. It would be a one year dynasty. It would definitely work, like the last time we tried this. :lol:

Well, at least Besart19 and sportscrazy will have time to shine. I counting on you guys!
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#1888 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:09 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
semjazy wrote:

KP
Lebron
Melo
CP3
THJ

If that becomes a thing I'm outta here.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1889 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:40 am

Who says no?

Trade Checker is bugged so I cant link at the moment. But saleries work.

New York Knicks Trade:
Carmelo Anthony, Courtney Lee, Kyle Oquinn, Lance Thomas
New York KNicks Receive: Ryan Anderson, JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, Cedi Osmond , BK first round pick,
Houston Trades: Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordan, Trevor Ariza, Future first round draft pick
Houston Recieves: Kevin Love, Courtney Lee, Lance Thomas

Cleveland Trades: Kevin Love, Iman Shumpert, JR Smith, Cedi Osmond
Cleveland Receives : Carmelo Anthony, Eric Gordan, Trevor Ariza, Kyle Oquinn, Hou pick

NYK Salary out: 48.7
NYK Salary In: 46.3 (These are Rough estimates. but pretty close)

Hou Salary out: 41
Hou Salary in: 41

Clv Salary out: 48.5
Clv Salary in: 50.7

Why for the Knicks? Knicks take some bad contracts and a few unwanted players. JR is drama. Ryan is overpaid and declining. Cedi in there to make the contract work and Shumpert is mediocre player. In return... Bk first round draft pick.

Why for Cleveland: give up a potential high draft pick, but Bk should not be in the bottom 6 this year. In return they get an upgrade at every position and a very slight downgrade at PF with Melo depending who you talk to. But in the same token, Melo in Cleveland means Lebron will be staying.

Why for Houston? They get a big upgrade in Love and get rid of Anderson. Lee is a consistent 3pt shooter and a 3d guy. Great for that team and hes always healthy. Lance is another 3d guy who can hit the 3pt at 40% . Dantoni gets 3 potential 40% 3pt shooters and 2 of which are good perimeter defenders. Small downgrade at SF and SG for a big upgrade at PF. No picks given up to get rid of Anderson.
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#1890 » by digitaldropoff » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:55 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:Who says no?

New York Knicks Trade:
New York KNicks Receive: Ryan Anderson, JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, Cedi Osmond , BK first round pick,
Houston Trades: Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordan, Trevor Ariza, Future first round draft pick

Cleveland Receives : Carmelo Anthony, Eric Gordan, Trevor Ariza, Kyle Oquinn, Hou pick

Why for the Knicks? Knicks take some bad contracts and a few unwanted players. JR is drama. Ryan is overpaid and declining. Cedi in there to make the contract work and Shumpert is mediocre player. In return... Bk first round draft pick.

Why for Cleveland: give up a potential high draft pick, but Bk should not be in the bottom 6 this year. In return they get an upgrade at every position and a very slight downgrade at PF with Melo depending who you talk to. But in the same token, Melo in Cleveland means Lebron will be staying.

Why for Houston? They get a big upgrade in Love and get rid of Anderson. Lee is a consistent 3pt shooter and a 3d guy. Great for that team and hes always healthy. Lance is another 3d guy who can hit the 3pt at 40% . Dantoni gets 3 potential 40% 3pt shooters and 2 of which are good perimeter defenders. Small downgrade at SF and SG for a big upgrade at PF. No picks given up to get rid of Anderson.

The only way that pick is tossed in a trade is if LBJ has already committed in private that he'll be staying past this season. Since most people would agree that's def not a for sure thing, it shouldn't be tossed in trade ideas from Cleveland's end. They are going to need that pick, badly, if they don't want to fall back into the the cellar if and most likely when LBJ leaves. Melo wasn't worth a high lotto pick before the draft, he didn't all of the sudden get younger and became worth it just now.
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#1891 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:57 pm

Melo for the Nets' pick.
digitaldropoff
Starter

Post#1892 » by digitaldropoff » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:53 pm

basketboule wrote:Melo for the Nets' pick.

They already got Crowder for about a quarter of the cost. They already have offense.......why exactly are they giving up too much of an asset in a top five pick for Melo?
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1893 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:47 am

digitaldropoff wrote:

New York Knicks Trade:

The only way that pick is tossed in a trade is if LBJ has already committed in private that he'll be staying past this season. Since most people would agree that's def not a for sure thing, it shouldn't be tossed in trade ideas from Cleveland's end. They are going to need that pick, badly, if they don't want to fall back into the the cellar if and most likely when LBJ leaves. Melo wasn't worth a high lotto pick before the draft, he didn't all of the sudden get younger and became worth it just now.

Didn't realize the trade offer was Melo for a pick straight up my mistake. Oh wait....It wasn't.
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#1894 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:59 pm

New York Knicks Trade:

Houston shouldn't do that imo.
digitaldropoff
Starter

Post#1895 » by digitaldropoff » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:28 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:

New York Knicks Trade:

Didn't realize the trade offer was Melo for a pick straight up my mistake. Oh wait....It wasn't.

It doesn't have to be.....just because you take negative value to move on from Melo in Ryan Anderson, doesn't mean you get rewarded with a top 5 lotto pick, lol. Is your argument than Lee, KOQ, and Thomas really the pieces that earn that back? :lol:

Melo hardly gets NY a servicable offer....than that's the Knicks fault because of how they handled the entire thing since resigning him. Shipping fodder out with him doesn't net a high end lotto pick. As I said before, what your offering didn't get younger/better/cheaper.....so I'm not sure how Cleveland landing a nice piece equals NY getting the same said pick to fall in their lap.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1896 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:42 pm

You think THJ could be a trading chip for Klay Thompson down the road?
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#1897 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:43 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:You think THJ could be a trading chip for Klay Thompson down the road?

These guys will retire as Warriors. They're not like the Knicks..... unfortunately.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#1898 » by dakomish23 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:15 am

How about this?

Lee for Shump / 2019 MIN 2nd / 2020 POR 2nd

CLE upgrades at the backup SG and doesn't give up any potential rotational pieces.

Knicks get some minor assets and long term
salary relief.

IT DRose
JR Lee
Lebron Crowder
KLove Green
TT Zizic

Frank Baker
THJ Dotson
Shump Kuz
Melo LFT
KP WHG
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#1899 » by dakomish23 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:16 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:You think THJ could be a trading chip for Klay Thompson down the road?

We have a better chance using you as a trade chip down the road for Klay Thompson
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#1900 » by reub » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:24 am

dakomish23 wrote:

We have a better chance using you as a trade chip down the road for Klay Thompson

Wingo for Klay!
Who says no?

Return to New York Knicks