Get to Know Your Thunder Fans!

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

DutchThunder
Ballboy
And1: 2

Re: Get to Know Your Thunder Fans! 

Post#81 » by DutchThunder » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:45 am

Hi guys,

I'm a 27 year-old basketball fan from the Netherlands. I've started following basketball since Harden was drafted by our team and I've been a Thunder fan ever since. Before following Basketball I was mainly a soccer fan, my favorite team still is PSV Eindhoven.

Recently I registered at this forum and I hope to be able to contribute to the discussions in the near future. I try to see as much game footage as I can, however it isn’t easy trying to watch American sports in Europe. Most matches start between 01:00 AM and 05:00 AM so most times I just watch the highlights.
NBA fan from the Netherlands :D
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#82 » by bondom34 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:49 pm

DutchThunder wrote:Hi guys,

I'm a 27 year-old basketball fan from the Netherlands. I've started following basketball since Harden was drafted by our team and I've been a Thunder fan ever since. Before following Basketball I was mainly a soccer fan, my favorite team still is PSV Eindhoven.

Recently I registered at this forum and I hope to be able to contribute to the discussions in the near future. I try to see as much game footage as I can, however it isn’t easy trying to watch American sports in Europe. Most matches start between 01:00 AM and 05:00 AM so most times I just watch the highlights.

Welcome, and that's dedication!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
SDANNIE
Junior
And1: 335

Post#83 » by SDANNIE » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Wow, how fun to see all the international fans!

To introduce myself I was born and raised in OKC. Have lived all over the country most notably in Orange County, CA for 15 years. Then we went back to OKC and now we are in San Diego. I am not moving again. Was a casual Laker fan until the Sonics moved to OKC and have been a hard core Thunder fan since then. Westbrook has always been my main man. I told my husband if we could only keep Durant or Westbrook, let us keep Westbrook. He thought I was crazy and some of you may think so too. But I saw something in Westbrook that I didn't see in Durant. And I like to watch exciting basketball. This last season was my favorite by far. I can't wait for the season to start, excited about getting PG13. I watch on NFL league pass because we don't get any thunder games here in SoCal. I will travel up to LA for Lakers/Thunder and Clippers/Thunder this year.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#84 » by bondom34 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:56 pm

SDANNIE wrote:Wow, how fun to see all the international fans!

To introduce myself I was born and raised in OKC. Have lived all over the country most notably in Orange County, CA for 15 years. Then we went back to OKC and now we are in San Diego. I am not moving again. Was a casual Laker fan until the Sonics moved to OKC and have been a hard core Thunder fan since then. Westbrook has always been my main man. I told my husband if we could only keep Durant or Westbrook, let us keep Westbrook. He thought I was crazy and some of you may think so too. But I saw something in Westbrook that I didn't see in Durant. And I like to watch exciting basketball. This last season was my favorite by far. I can't wait for the season to start, excited about getting PG13. I watch on NFL league pass because we don't get any thunder games here in SoCal. I will travel up to LA for Lakers/Thunder and Clippers/Thunder this year.

Welcome to the boards! Almost moved to SD myself a while back, interviewed with the city PD after grad school and was almost ready to get a job there. Amazing city.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#85 » by RalphSampsonJr » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:23 am

Hey guys!
Il jump in on this as i have just joined up. Im from New Zealand so i have very little people in my life that care for basketball as much as me so these forums are my way of talkin ball with like minded folks.
Growing up in Auckland in the 90s i was a mad Rockets fan. I loved the dream and my brother loved Shaq so we would argue for days about who was better until houston swept the magic in 95!
I guess i got into basketball at a young age and my interest never really went away. Of course we have a league over here as well as a NZ team in the Aussie league but the NBA is just that other level.
I almost stopped watching NBA in the mid 2000s but i think the lakers/boston rivalry resparked my interest. Prime Kobe against that big three in boston sucked me back in and have been a diehard fan since.
Of course I was an instant thunder fan once they drafted Adams. Im lucky the only kiwi player ever to be drafted went to such a successful team as the thunder were very easy to support! Since then i make the effort to stream as many games as i can. our ESPN over here is crap so streaming is my only chance to watch them.
I am very pleased with Prestis moves of late and feel we now have a roster that could make some waves next season. thunder up!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#86 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:29 pm

RalphSampsonJr wrote:Hey guys!
Il jump in on this as i have just joined up. Im from New Zealand so i have very little people in my life that care for basketball as much as me so these forums are my way of talkin ball with like minded folks.
Growing up in Auckland in the 90s i was a mad Rockets fan. I loved the dream and my brother loved Shaq so we would argue for days about who was better until houston swept the magic in 95!
I guess i got into basketball at a young age and my interest never really went away. Of course we have a league over here as well as a NZ team in the Aussie league but the NBA is just that other level.
I almost stopped watching NBA in the mid 2000s but i think the lakers/boston rivalry resparked my interest. Prime Kobe against that big three in boston sucked me back in and have been a diehard fan since.
Of course I was an instant thunder fan once they drafted Adams. Im lucky the only kiwi player ever to be drafted went to such a successful team as the thunder were very easy to support! Since then i make the effort to stream as many games as i can. our ESPN over here is crap so streaming is my only chance to watch them.
I am very pleased with Prestis moves of late and feel we now have a roster that could make some waves next season. thunder up!

Welcome to the boards!
RealGas
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#87 » by RealGas » Fri Aug 4, 2017 2:52 am

Hey guys,

I'm a grown Air Force brat born in the panhandle of Texas. Dad's career took us from Amarillo to Wichita Falls, up to Anchorage, AK for 3 years then to Wichita, KS and finally settling back in north central Oklahoma. I started my NBA fandom following the Bucks of Lew Alcindor, Big O, Bob Dandridge, Wali Jones, etc. When I got to high school I followed the Sixers after Dr. J joined them, but I've been 100% Thunder since the team came to OKC.

I did 14 years of blue collar work after college and have now racked up 20 years doing IT work. I'm also a volunteer firefighter and trainer for our department. I'll probably retire from that in a year or two when I get to 30 years of service.

I've only made it to one game at the Peake, but watch almost all of the games from the best seat in the house (in front of my TV).
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 3:14 am

RealGas wrote:Hey guys,

I'm a grown Air Force brat born in the panhandle of Texas. Dad's career took us from Amarillo to Wichita Falls, up to Anchorage, AK for 3 years then to Wichita, KS and finally settling back in north central Oklahoma. I started my NBA fandom following the Bucks of Lew Alcindor, Big O, Bob Dandridge, Wali Jones, etc. When I got to high school I followed the Sixers after Dr. J joined them, but I've been 100% Thunder since the team came to OKC.

I did 14 years of blue collar work after college and have now racked up 20 years doing IT work. I'm also a volunteer firefighter and trainer for our department. I'll probably retire from that in a year or two when I get to 30 years of service.

I've only made it to one game at the Peake, but watch almost all of the games from the best seat in the house (in front of my TV).

Welcome to the boards, glad to have you!
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#89 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:48 am

Sleekstak with some good offseason entertainment-

Guest said:
It's apparent that no other teams wanted Roberson after his debacle against Houston where he got lit up by Harden and went 3-21 on free throws setting an all time record for worst free throw percentage in a playoff series including 2-12 in game 4 where he singlehandedly lost the game. Why did Presti sign him for 10 million/year when he clearly could have gotten him for much less (probably 6 million)? I simply can't understand signing somebody for that much money who can't even be in the game in the last 2-3 minutes because teams can simply foul him and send him to the line where he can't shoot free throws. He is always going to be so much of an offensive liability that in clutch moments he can't be out there. If I were coaching against the Thunder I would start fouling him from the opening tip off until they were forced to take him out of the game.
11:30 AM - 8/15/17

Erik Horne
Just had to post this so this guy could have the satisfaction of having his weekly Andre Roberson hate mail posted.

Erik Horne
But he doesn't get an answer.
11:31 AM - 8/15/17
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by bondom34 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:53 am

Horne you are my hero.
WestbrookLove
Sophomore
And1: 131

Post#91 » by WestbrookLove » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:35 am

Hi there. 32 year old here who has been a fan of the Thunder ever since the "Sonics" came to OKC. I grew up in TN and currently live in SW MO. Growing up in the 1990s, there wasn't a home team to root for, so I followed players for the most part. In 2008, that all changed when OKC got a team. I used to live in the Joplin, MO, area, which is close to the OK border, so OKC was the closest I'd ever been to a team. I've gotten to see them live twice, once in 2014-15 and once in 2015-16. Like almost everyone, I was devastated when KD left; sold my entire KD card collection. Still love Russ, hope he stays OKC for life, so happy he got the MVP last year. I'm excited about the George addition even if it's just a one year rental. Goodness knows he will take a load off Russ. Hope we can get to the second round this time.

I also like the Cavs, but that's mostly due to Love and LeBron. As for the Thunder, I will always root for OKC regardless of who they have.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:30 am

Welcome!
sleestak33
Junior
And1: 150

Post#93 » by sleestak33 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:48 am

Knrstz wrote:Sleekstak with some good offseason entertainment-

Guest said:
It's apparent that no other teams wanted Roberson after his debacle against Houston where he got lit up by Harden and went 3-21 on free throws setting an all time record for worst free throw percentage in a playoff series including 2-12 in game 4 where he singlehandedly lost the game. Why did Presti sign him for 10 million/year when he clearly could have gotten him for much less (probably 6 million)? I simply can't understand signing somebody for that much money who can't even be in the game in the last 2-3 minutes because teams can simply foul him and send him to the line where he can't shoot free throws. He is always going to be so much of an offensive liability that in clutch moments he can't be out there. If I were coaching against the Thunder I would start fouling him from the opening tip off until they were forced to take him out of the game.

Erik Horne
Just had to post this so this guy could have the satisfaction of having his weekly Andre Roberson hate mail posted.

Erik Horne
But he doesn't get an answer.
11:31 AM - 8/15/17

How can Horne respond? When you pin somebody into a corner with facts there's really not much they can do other than turn tail and run. We now have a 30 million dollar player that can't be in the game when it matters the most because other teams can foul him and he can't shoot free throws.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by bondom34 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:34 pm

Can't even reply in the right thread now.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,105

Post#95 » by ozwizard8 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi,
I came here to register as a bandwagon fan. :lol:
Actually I'm from Turkey. I've been in US couple times. And I moved to Tulsa a month ago.
I started to watch NBA games in early 2000s. Couple finals between Lakers vs Pacers-Sixers-Nets.
I became a fan of J.Kidd. Then I supported whatever team he plays for. After he retired, I stayed as Knicks fan.

Since Knicks franchise doomed with J.Dolan and I moved to Tulsa, I'll be more interested in Thunder and this sub. I hope my bandwagon application would be accepted :lol:

BTW: I'm an engineer and doing masters in TU.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#96 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:21 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:Hi,
I came here to register as a bandwagon fan. :lol:
Actually I'm from Turkey. I've been in US couple times. And I moved to Tulsa a month ago.
I started to watch NBA games in early 2000s. Couple finals between Lakers vs Pacers-Sixers-Nets.
I became a fan of J.Kidd. Then I supported whatever team he plays for. After he retired, I stayed as Knicks fan.

Since Knicks franchise doomed with J.Dolan and I moved to Tulsa, I'll be more interested in Thunder and this sub. I hope my bandwagon application would be accepted :lol:

BTW: I'm an engineer and doing masters in TU.

Welcome.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,025

Post#97 » by slick_watts » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:48 pm

hi all.

i've been a thunder fan since the early 90's, and have been posting on the internet about this team since that time.

i'm originally from new york. i spent some time in the pacific northwest as a lad. i've never been to oklahoma, but i did live in texas for awhile.

i made the regrettable decision to become a moderator of this forum several years ago.

i enjoy latina women.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#98 » by Balkman32 » Wed Oct 4, 2017 2:19 pm

The question remains do Latina women enjoy you?
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,025

Post#99 » by slick_watts » Sun Oct 8, 2017 3:01 pm

Balkman32 wrote:The question remains do Latina women enjoy you?

there is at least one that appears to!
mcmokken
Senior
And1: 919

Post#100 » by mcmokken » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:09 am

slick_watts wrote:hi all.

i've been a thunder fan since the early 90's, and have been posting on the internet about this team since that time.

i'm originally from new york. i spent some time in the pacific northwest as a lad. i've never been to oklahoma, but i did live in texas for awhile.

i made the regrettable decision to become a moderator of this forum several years ago.

i enjoy latina women.

I remember the slick_watts era of this forum. Those were some good times. Your contributions are missed.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder