ImageImageImageImageImage

Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition 

Post#1 » by GONYK » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:41 pm

Carry on
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,256
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: Me7o Thread: More nothing 

Post#2 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:41 pm

Why?

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition 

Post#3 » by Greenie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:42 pm

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:This is getting stupid.

It damn sure is because people keep calling for a player to go somewhere he doesn't want to and has the power not to all because the Knicks gave him a NTC. So now fans want to vilify and punish this player for exercising something given to him because it doesn't fit their fandom timeline.

Guess I should have hated STAT for fuqing up the cap. Oh wait, the dumb ass Knicks gave him that contract.

Guess we should hate Noah. Oh wait, the dumb ass Knicks gave him that contract.

The Knicks have been doing dumb **** all my life. When did you guys become fans because you all are really acting brand new with this Melo situation.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: melo thread 6 - Updt PG. 34 (Woj Tweets: NYK & HOU Reengage)! 

Post#4 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:44 pm

Melo wants to play with hi friends, if they go to another team, he'll open his list to include that team. That's the only reason why he wants to go to Houston. CP3 has also opted in to his last season, so melo via trade can also get his final year. it makes perfect sense for him.

But Houston isn't offering that the Knicks as a rebuilding team want, so Melo is going nowhere. he'll likely be in training camp and start the season here, unless Houston finds a away to offer more.

Just that simple.

Now if the Knicks mgt are true to what they say, then Melo probably will have a rather uncomfortable season because the offense and certainly the defense will not be centered around him.

From there is where things will get interesting.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#5 » by bleedblue3303 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:46 pm

Don't hate him. Just shows where his priorities lie. There are at 3 4 places that have interest. Maybe 5. I would'nt doubt Toronto would make a good offer. But it seems if he doesn't get Houston. Hes content staying in a rebuilding situation and not doing anything substantial on the last few years of his contract. Can't blame the guy its alot of money and his family is here. But thought winning would be more important to him than it is.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#6 » by Greenie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Melo wants to play with hi friends, if they go to another team, he'll open his list to include that team. That's the only reason why he wants to go to Houston. CP3 has also opted in to his last season, so melo via trade can also get his final year. it makes perfect sense for him.

But Houston isn't offering that the Knicks as a rebuilding team want, so Melo is going nowhere. he'll likely be in training camp and start the season here, unless Houston finds a away to offer more.

Just that simple.

Now if the Knicks mgt are true to what they say, then Melo probably will have a rather uncomfortable season because the offense and certainly the defense will not be centered around him.

I don't think it will be uncomfortable.
It is just what it is. He's already slowing down and we added more scorers. Naturally(organically) he will fall back. Timmy is shooting and so is Beasley.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#7 » by Greenie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:54 pm

bleedblue3303 wrote:Don't hate him. Just shows where his priorities lie. There are at 3 4 places that have interest. Maybe 5. I would'nt doubt Toronto would make a good offer. But it seems if he doesn't get Houston. Hes content staying in a rebuilding situation and not doing anything substantial on the last few years of his contract. Can't blame the guy its alot of money and his family is here. But thought winning would be more important to him than it is.

We don't know who has interest. That's the other part of all of this that blows my mind.

How do we know who's being talked too?

We are all simply speculating. Maybe Melo doesn't want to be traded at all, maybe he has a list of 10 teams or maybe it is 1 team but not Houston. No one knows for sure. To garner hate for a player due to this situation is crazy. Same with people who felt and feel some type of way with KP skipping his exit meeting as if they know what happened.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:54 pm

Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Melo wants to play with hi friends, if they go to another team, he'll open his list to include that team. That's the only reason why he wants to go to Houston. CP3 has also opted in to his last season, so melo via trade can also get his final year. it makes perfect sense for him.

Just that simple.

It is just what it is. He's already slowing down and we added more scorers. Naturally(organically) he will fall back. Timmy is shooting and so is Beasley.

I doubt he naturally falls back. This will be the first year he'll know coming into camp that team wont be trying to compete for something meaningful AND wont be featuring him. I couldn't imagine any star player being cool with that given what prestige they are used to enjoying. If he does, awesome, I just don't see it.

Greenie
RealGM

Post#9 » by Greenie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:02 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Just that simple.

I doubt he naturally falls back. This will be the first year he'll know coming into camp that team wont be trying to compete for something meaningful AND wont be featuring him. I couldn't imagine any star player being cool with that given what prestige they are used to enjoying. If he does, awesome, I just don't see it.

That's why I said organically.

It's happening whether he likes it or not. We saw it last year. The offense was not centered around him in my honest opinion. It wasn't centered around anyone really.

More of the same this year with another scorer coming in (Timmy), a scorer that can actually relieve him(Beas) and KP hopefully becoming more aggressive in year three.

We will see his attempts fall more.
The key with him will be to see him stay fresh. Nothing over 30 minutes is ideal but I don't know what the hell Jeff will do.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#10 » by Sark » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:07 pm

Greenie wrote:
BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:This is getting stupid.

It damn sure is because people keep calling for a player to go somewhere he doesn't want to and has the power not to all because the Knicks gave him a NTC. So now fans want to vilify and punish this player for exercising something given to him because it doesn't fit their fandom timeline.

Guess I should have hated STAT for fuqing up the cap. Oh wait, the dumb ass Knicks gave him that contract.

Guess we should hate Noah. Oh wait, the dumb ass Knicks gave him that contract.

The Knicks have been doing dumb **** all my life. When did you guys become fans because you all are really acting brand new with this Melo situation.

How could you hate STAT for messing up the cap? They had tons of cap space and no one to give it to, because Walsh couldn't get Lebron. Even after he signed they still had cap space left over. There's nothing to hate at all.
louieOrr
Sixth Man
And1: 474

Post#11 » by louieOrr » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:11 pm

In all fairness, I get that we gave the NTC and we have to deal with it. But there is a difference in how the both are behaving.

The Knicks haven't come to him with one and only one offer, that would absolutely suck for Melo.

However Melo has done exactly that regarding the Knicks.

So if its going to be a my way or the highway type deal then so be it.

Melo stays, and he doesn't do EXACTLY what we need him to do, we absolutely have the right to bench him. That's OUR leverage. Damage his rep, also our leverage. How he is effected by lack of playing time is not the Knicks problem, following this logic.

Nothing wrong with anyone from either side using their leverage to their fullest advantage.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:12 pm

Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:

That's why I said organically.

It's happening whether he likes it or not. We saw it last year. The offense was not centered around him in my honest opinion. It wasn't centered around anyone really.

More of the same this year with another scorer coming in (Timmy), a scorer that can actually relieve him(Beas) and KP hopefully becoming more aggressive in year three.

We will see his attempts fall more.
The key with him will be to see him stay fresh. Nothing over 30 minutes is ideal but I don't know what the hell Jeff will do.

I don't recall seeing it last year. melo took the most shots by a wide margin AND shot worse than the majority of starters doing so. The offense was basically "do you", Jeff had no scheme whatsoever.

Just curious, what's the interest in him "staying fresh"?

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#13 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:12 pm

Just that simple.

This.

I can't believe we've had 6-7 Melo threads where most posters actually thought the Knicks and Rockets would work out a fair deal.

That's not the Morey way.

Daryl Morey, a ping pong enthusiast, is the kind of pasty, fat suits you find at Sin City Cabaret in the Bronx who acts like he's a "high roller" when he's really dropping $1 bills. On more than one occasion he's used the Knicks like a new girl at the strip club. He's NOT giving ground because he knows, the Rockets were great without Chris Paul last season. With them, they're good for at least the second round...maybe even Conference Finals worthy if Spurs have another season of injuries.

Interesting enough, Houston media and fans aren't THAT enthused about Melo: https://houseofhouston.com/2017/08/26/houston-rockets-three-reasons-shouldnt-want-carmelo-anthony/

That said, I DO believe the Rockets will bring Melo to Houston via Knicks buy out during the latter part of the season.

In the meantime, the Knicks' defenselessness will continue. They'll win some games to tease us but never to impress us. I don't see Melo changing his game for any of the younger guys around him. I'm ok with that. He's Melo. He's earned it. However I think every one including Melo is counting down the games to where he's moved on because that's the RIGHT thing to do for both parties.

As for the Knicks, they should KNOW that when you drain your team of talent AND draft picks to attain a superstar there is the following:
1. No assets to attract better talent to surround a superstar.
2. Not much cap space relying completely on FA to surround a superstar with talent.
3. Pressure to win now because there are no assets, no growth, and limited cap space.

This is what Clyde Frazier was referring to, "It seems like we're rebuilding every 3 seasons."

This goes back to the Isiah Thomas years who set the Knicks' future back by 2-3 seasons with every trade.

Hopefully Steve "Wind" Mills learned from those mistakes (I mean, he should he was around)...but we'll see. Tim Hardaway Jr is HIS signature signing.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#14 » by Sark » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:23 pm

Didn't Sin City close down?
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#15 » by ChaosHamster » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:28 pm

:sleep2:
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#16 » by BeagleBoss » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:58 pm

I wonder if Perry and Mills will consider just telling Melo to stay home and not attend camp if he doesn't expand his list. They should publically say any trade with Houston is dead. It's clear Morey isn't playing fair so don't do business with him.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using RealGM mobile app
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#17 » by PeoplesChamp » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:07 pm

Melo has a right to exercise his NTC.

The Knicks have a right to say no to a bad trade that's only good for him.

The NTC doesn't mean the Knicks have to trade him if he wants to leave.

Mills & Perry have already put it forth. We're rebuilding with or without Melo being here. If he's here, his fans can keep buying tickets to watch him play the rest of his prime away with no real shot at winning. If he's gone, we can accelerate the rebuild.

Personally I'm fine either way. Knicks finally need a 5 year plan.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#18 » by Billy Goat » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:09 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:I wonder if Perry and Mills will consider just telling Melo to stay home and not attend camp if he doesn't expand his list. They should publically say any trade with Houston is dead. It's clear Morey isn't playing fair so don't do business with him.

Morey's playing perfectly fair. The return being Anderson is a good indicator of what Melo's value is league wide.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#19 » by GONYK » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:10 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:I wonder if Perry and Mills will consider just telling Melo to stay home and not attend camp if he doesn't expand his list. They should publically say any trade with Houston is dead. It's clear Morey isn't playing fair so don't do business with him.

Doing any of that doesn't really make sense.

Why burn bridges when there are still opportunities for mutual benefit?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#20 » by GONYK » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:12 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:

Just that simple.

This.

I can't believe we've had 6-7 Melo threads where most posters actually thought the Knicks and Rockets would work out a fair deal.

That's not the Morey way.

Daryl Morey, a ping pong enthusiast, is the kind of pasty, fat suits you find at Sin City Cabaret in the Bronx who acts like he's a "high roller" when he's really dropping $1 bills. On more than one occasion he's used the Knicks like a new girl at the strip club. He's NOT giving ground because he knows, the Rockets were great without Chris Paul last season. With them, they're good for at least the second round...maybe even Conference Finals worthy if Spurs have another season of injuries.

Interesting enough, Houston media and fans aren't THAT enthused about Melo: https://houseofhouston.com/2017/08/26/houston-rockets-three-reasons-shouldnt-want-carmelo-anthony/

That said, I DO believe the Rockets will bring Melo to Houston via Knicks buy out during the latter part of the season.

In the meantime, the Knicks' defenselessness will continue. They'll win some games to tease us but never to impress us. I don't see Melo changing his game for any of the younger guys around him. I'm ok with that. He's Melo. He's earned it. However I think every one including Melo is counting down the games to where he's moved on because that's the RIGHT thing to do for both parties.

As for the Knicks, they should KNOW that when you drain your team of talent AND draft picks to attain a superstar there is the following:
1. No assets to attract better talent to surround a superstar.
2. Not much cap space relying completely on FA to surround a superstar with talent.
3. Pressure to win now because there are no assets, no growth, and limited cap space.

This is what Clyde Frazier was referring to, "It seems like we're rebuilding every 3 seasons."

This goes back to the Isiah Thomas years who set the Knicks' future back by 2-3 seasons with every trade.

Hopefully Steve "Wind" Mills learned from those mistakes (I mean, he should he was around)...but we'll see. Tim Hardaway Jr is HIS signature signing.

If Melo would accept a buyout at the end of the season, why doesn't he offer the Knicks a deal now?

Return to New York Knicks