What Luka Doncic is doing at EuroBasket is Not Normal

Moderator: THE J0KER

jinxed
Starter
And1: 1,298

What Luka Doncic is doing at EuroBasket is Not Normal 

Post#1 » by jinxed » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:56 pm

Read on Twitter

18 years old and has been putting up dominating stat lines against good teams in EuroBasket preps. He's already the leader of his tea, along with Goran.
Check out my book! "The Awakened Ape :A Biohacker's Guide to Evolutionary Fitness, Natural Ecstasy, and Stress-Free Living"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSJN3Q4?ref_=pe_2427780_160035660
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,131

Re: What Luka Doncic is doing at EuroBasket is Not Normal 

Post#2 » by lambchop » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:18 pm

I LOVE doncic game, but these were just exhibition games and most of the teams (hungry, check republic, isreal) are actually very very bad teams.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Ferulci
Starter
And1: 2,263

Post#3 » by Ferulci » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:24 pm

I hate to do white to white players comparisons, but from the highlights and few games I saw, Doncic game kind of remind me Larry Bird.
buckboy wrote:
jg77 wrote:Lavine is my dark horse MVP candidate.

That is the darkest horse that has ever galloped.
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst
And1: 1,785

Post#4 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:29 pm

Ferulci wrote:I hate to do white to white players comparisons, but from the highlights and few games I saw, Doncic game kind of remind me Larry Bird.

What's so bad about white to white comparisons lol?
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,244

Post#5 » by UcanUwill » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:30 pm

Ferulci wrote:I hate to do white to white players comparisons, but from the highlights and few games I saw, Doncic game kind of remind me Larry Bird.

If we comparing him to legends already, I would say Magic.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,126

Post#6 » by clyde21 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:31 pm

He's really good but I don't know if I'd take him over some of the other guys (Bamba, Bagley and Carter primarily). Maybe over Ayton and Porter.

Mohamed Bamba
Marvin Bagley
Wendell Carter
Luka Doncic
DeAndre Ayton
Michael Porter
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#7 » by UcanUwill » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:35 pm

clyde21 wrote:He's really good but I don't know if I'd take him over some of the other guys (Bamba, Bagley and Carter primarily). Maybe over Ayton and Porter.

He lacks athleticism, especially first step. He cant blow pass anyone, has very reliable step back, but from a big star, you want some other ISO skills than just a stepback.
Ferulci
Starter
And1: 2,263

Post#8 » by Ferulci » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:36 pm

DaKnicksAreBack wrote:

They are very lazy most of the time. I think Morey's once said that his role while scouting was to compare a prospect to a player from another race. Forces you to focus on his skills and attributes rather than his color.
buckboy wrote:
jg77 wrote:Lavine is my dark horse MVP candidate.

That is the darkest horse that has ever galloped.
Big Mac Biyombo
Analyst
And1: 8,068

Post#9 » by Big Mac Biyombo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:43 pm

Ferulci wrote:
DaKnicksAreBack wrote:

They are very lazy most of the time. I think Morey's once said that his role while scouting was to compare a prospect to a player from another race. Forces you to focus on his skills and attributes rather than his color.

I hate how lazy those comparisons always are. That quote from Morey is great. I've been saying that RJ Barrett reminds me of Ginobili, but none of my friends take that comparison seriously because he's black. :roll:
Raptorstopfan wrote:Demar is inarguably the best jump shooter NBA has seen in a long long time.
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst
And1: 1,785

Post#10 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:47 pm

Ferulci wrote:
DaKnicksAreBack wrote:

Wow morey is more of an idiot than I thought. By doing that he is focusing on color. I think there's only a problem when you're comparing a white player to another white player because they're of the same race. My policy is to compare players with similar skill sets and ability without race ever entering into the thought process. But that's me.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#11 » by UcanUwill » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:53 pm

DaKnicksAreBack wrote:
Ferulci wrote:
DaKnicksAreBack wrote:

Wow morey is more of an idiot than I thought. By doing that he is focusing on color. I think there's only a problem when you're comparing a white player to another white player because they're of the same race. My policy is to compare players with similar skill sets and ability without race ever entering into the thought process. But that's me.

I dont think Morey is idiot for that at all. People always subliminally make terrible comparisons because compared players look alike. Its just inescapable human mind fart. That rule takes that away, definitely makes you think before making comparisons.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,158

Post#12 » by PhilBlackson » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:55 pm

He just seems like an incredibly smart player....great feel for the game!
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#13 » by UcanUwill » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:09 pm

He doesn't have fancy dribble, but his handle and ball protection is very effective. He can dribble around active hands and bodies so well, that is his most useful skill really. When he gets defensive rebound (very good rebounder), he always tries go coast to coast, not slowing down near defensive bodies, going straight to them and drawing tons of fouls. Most Euros in these competitions avoid defenders like its plague, because they cant handle the ball around them, its just a turnover waiting to happen.
Deezzraptors
Pro Prospect
And1: 417

Post#14 » by Deezzraptors » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:05 pm

He's solid
jinxed
Starter
And1: 1,298

Post#15 » by jinxed » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:56 pm

Big Mac Biyombo wrote:
Ferulci wrote:
DaKnicksAreBack wrote:

I hate how lazy those comparisons always are. That quote from Morey is great. I've been saying that RJ Barrett reminds me of Ginobili, but none of my friends take that comparison seriously because he's black. :roll:

Both Harden and Deangelo Russell often compared themselves to Ginobili. He's one player who gets a lot of cross comps. It's the jerky lefty thing.
Check out my book! "The Awakened Ape :A Biohacker's Guide to Evolutionary Fitness, Natural Ecstasy, and Stress-Free Living"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSJN3Q4?ref_=pe_2427780_160035660
Veyron
Senior
And1: 509

Post#16 » by Veyron » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:45 pm

clyde21 wrote:He's really good but I don't know if I'd take him over some of the other guys (Bamba, Bagley and Carter primarily). Maybe over Ayton and Porter.

Mohamed Bamba
Marvin Bagley
Wendell Carter
Luka Doncic
DeAndre Ayton
Michael Porter

Ye but his BB IQ is higher than all those guys together.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#17 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:52 pm

My super lazy comp is Peja Stojakovic.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#18 » by burek3 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:09 am

Looks quite normal to me :D
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
Stephback 3
Sophomore
And1: 440

Post#19 » by Stephback 3 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:47 am

He looks like a Hedo Turkoglu/Peja Stojakovic hybrid to me. Reminds me a little of Steve Nash in terms of high bball IQ, with the defensive upside of Mike Dunleavy Jr. Might have the potential to become a coach one day like Luke Walton.
jamaalstar21 wrote:Kawhi is long chill Jordan and Jordan is Kawhi on crack.
pickle rick
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#20 » by pickle rick » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:56 am

Doncic going #1

Return to International Basketball