ImageImageImageImage

Patriots Trade QB Jacoby Brissett, for WR Phillip Dorsett (from Colts)

Moderator: Parliament10

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Patriots Trade QB Jacoby Brissett, for WR Phillip Dorsett (from Colts) 

Post#1 » by Parliament10 » Sun Sep 3, 2017 7:16 am

Pats acquire WR Phillip Dorsett from Colts for QB Jacoby Brissett
Field Yates and Mike Reiss | Aug. 2, 2017

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20546991/new-england-patriots-trade-jacoby-brissett-indianapolis-colts-phillip-dorsett
The New England Patriots traded quarterback Jacoby Brissett to the Indianapolis Colts for wide receiver Phillip Dorsett on Saturday.

The Colts are uncertain about quarterback Andrew Luck's status for Week 1 after offseason shoulder surgery. Scott Tolzien is expected to start if Luck isn't able to play against the Los Angeles Rams.

The 5-foot-10, 185-pound Dorsett was a 2015 first-round draft choice of the Colts (29th overall). He has played in 26 regular-season games (seven starts), totaling 51 catches for 753 yards and 3 touchdowns.

While he fielded just two punts for the Colts during the past two seasons, that is likely a role the Patriots will explore with him after they lost receiver Julian Edelman and No. 2 returner Cyrus Jones to season-ending knee injuries this preseason.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
neno
Rookie
And1: 918

Re: Patriots Trade QB Jacoby Brissett, for WR Phillip Dorsett (from Colts) 

Post#2 » by neno » Sun Sep 3, 2017 11:32 am

There goes the backup QB of the future
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#3 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Sep 3, 2017 11:55 am

What does Hayward, long-time Colts fan and future Pats fan, think of the trade?
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#4 » by ZeroTolerance » Sun Sep 3, 2017 7:20 pm

CrowderKeg wrote:What does Hayward, long-time Colts fan and future Pats fan, think of the trade?

More importantly....Now that Jae has moved on, when are you going to change your real GM handle?

After all of suggestions that others have offered in another thread, we need to know this! :banghead: :D

I'd bet that Brissett landed pretty well?..... He probably would have been cut in favor of another receiver anyway....So it's a fair trade, it would seem to me....

Still, I liked Brissett because he could run amuck....It offered us a new weapon to use after this season, should Brady retire or was to get hurt....At 40, there's more of a chance that that reality could happen...Having two guys that could back him up would be better insurance...but so it goes....
Lazlo4D
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#5 » by Lazlo4D » Sun Sep 3, 2017 8:25 pm

Colt's fan here... I come in peace...

I hope Dorsett makes it there in New England. He has the speed and decent hands. He never developed skills for getting open besides using speed to go long. I am trying to say he has speed but not elusiveness, if that make sense. Maybe the trade and Bill Belichick will help the kid grow up.

Colts always seem to have plenty of good receivers, so he was always going to be the 4th or 5th receiver on the Colts. He had the "Grigson Stupidity" stench (you think Pat's fans are the only ones who disliked him?) on him that I think most Colt's fans won't miss.

Jacoby Brissett will be a nice # 2 QB here in Indy. Good guy, well trained, cheap contract. A big step up from what the Colt have had.

Colt's have a decent GM now and no illusions, they are retool mode. Heck they claimed 5 waivers today. Need a another draft to be a contender.

I think most of use figure it's the Patriot's year if they stay healthy. The only weakness I see is thin D line depth.

Return to New England Patriots