ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested 

Post#201 » by Polk377 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:52 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Millions were raised to help people in Somalia, meals on wheels, and charities that focus on racial issues. By Kap and numerous celebrities. Awareness was raised and conversations are had everyday because of his protest. That's the first step of many.

Kap knew there would be consequences, but that should be expected. Many have died defending the civil rights of others, despite folks like you warning them of the risk. It's part of the long, hard struggle black folks have had to make for equality.

I don't think he really knew of the consequences otherwise he wouldn't have done it. As nykballa2k4 said, I think it was more about him rather than the movement itself. Honestly if it took Kappernick taking a knee for someone to pay attention to the social issues around this country than shame on them for not paying attention to the many outlets that have spoken on the matter way before him. Please don't pull that people like you shyt. We are already going too far with this racial and political talk here. Let's not go further please.

You have no idea what he knew. There are certainly a multitude of examples of the downside of going down that road. One's things for sure, it has brought attention to the issue.

And you're discouraging his protest, no? So people like you, refers to those holding on dearly to the status quo, despite the societal inequities. Are you as engaged when the discussions pop up after an unarmed black man is murdered?

Now the attention has shifted to why he isn't employed by the NFL and off of what really mattered in the first place. Is it not?

I am not against his beliefs and opinions but how he went about it. Him kneeling was stupid and did nothing to help the cause. All this issue dealing with him directly has done is stir up more hate from all directions. I am against anyone using identity politics to place people in a specific box to fulfill their narratives then turn around to berate them for their individual opinions based on observations and facts. That is what people like you do. Am I engaged when an innocent man is unjustly murdered? Are you serious? Again Identity Politics are your problem not mine.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#202 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:41 am

They kill mothers and sons like animals then act like we don't have every right to be furious.
It's insane that theres any pushback when it comes to what we go through as a people. CRAZY.
But you know what? Enough talking and expecting empathy from the same hearts that see no issues with our genocide.
This aint fun banter for computer debates and such.
We are in essence two grand mommas outta the slave trade. Think about it.
As a matter of fact, don't.

Greenie, my sister, as a Black man you have my love and protection.
We as Black men have not done the best job of valuing and respecting you all.
The time to change things is now.
Accountability, ownership of our situation. That's it. And progress.
They will NEVER understand that we are third rate citizens on this land.
Our blood runs under this sh*t....they will NEVER get it.
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#203 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:52 am

From Craig carton to this. Wow
Imageceltics
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,904

Post#204 » by Jeffrey » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:08 am

Like the above poster that went through every team if Kap can win a starting job. There are probably 4 teams you can make an argument for. But reality says he is a BACKUP QB at this point right? If everyone agrees with that then...

No owner wants a BACKUP QB to be in the headlines every week. No coach wants a backup QB to be seen on the backpages unless something happened to the starting QB. This is a lot to handle just for a backup QB.

This goes for Tim Tebow. Time Tebow was not a good QB but Tim Tebow's fans would make coaches uncomfortable and he is a headliner.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#205 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:16 am

Kap is far better than Tebow ever was(professionally).

Dude got chances because he was Tebow. A bible thumping college hero. He was straight garbage as a NFL player and yet, how many shots did he get?
Greenie
RealGM

Post#206 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:18 am

Yankeeknickfan wrote:From Craig carton to this. Wow

People love tip toeing around the elephant in the room. That's why that mofo won't leave.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,904

Post#207 » by Jeffrey » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:25 am

Greenie wrote:Kap is far better than Tebow ever was(professionally).

Dude got chances because he was Tebow. A bible thumping college hero. He was straight garbage as a NFL player and yet, how many shots did he get?

Of course, Kap was better than Tebow. I'm not comparing their talent. They both have similar baggage at that point. Tebow was not a good QB but if he was a backup on any team, those bible thumping fans of his would've made an uncomfortable situation for the starting QB and team. That's why Tebow never really had a long career.

Should Kap be on a team? Of course, he should. Does he come with baggage? Yes, he does. Is he a starter? Nope and that's why teams don't want him.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#208 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:49 am

How dare this black dude take a knee protesting modern day Jim Crow (police brutality) during an anthem that was written and a flag that was made when blacks were not seen as humans, but rather property to be bought, sold, used and abused all for the benefit of this country who built itself and its wealth on their backs? Yeah, how dare he!

Like I said, its been noted how teams dealt with him. Just like notes were taken on him by those that were offended by his actions.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#209 » by Polk377 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:51 am

Lmao I can't believe this hasn't been locked yet. If there is no more talk about Craig Carton' s arrest and suspension then it should be.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#210 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:52 am

Jeffrey wrote:

Of course, Kap was better than Tebow. I'm not comparing their talent. They both have similar baggage at that point. Tebow was not a good QB but if he was a backup on any team, those bible thumping fans of his would've made an uncomfortable situation for the starting QB and team. That's why Tebow never really had a long career.

Should Kap be on a team? Of course, he should. Does he come with baggage? Yes, he does. Is he a starter? Nope and that's why teams don't want him.

Kap could start for Denver.
That's a championship defense with no QB worth a damn.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#211 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:58 am

I wonder if he's gonna call Kap a douch in prison.
Don't drop that soap homie.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#212 » by Phish Tank » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:02 am

Greenie wrote:I wonder if he's gonna call Kap a douch in prison.
Don't drop that soap homie.

they might send him to the same Federal prison Madoff's at.

Supposedly Madoff ran a ponzi scheme in jail flipping hot chocolate
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,980

Post#213 » by Capn'O » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:05 am

Discussion is goink well so I'm not gonna be the one to lock it. Let's keep it that way. XOXO.

Greenie wrote:It's a modern day n*** rule. He's being told to fall in line.

It pretty clearly is. Hoop has its issues, don't get me wrong, but with each passing incident with the NFL I become more and more glad I left that institution behind long ago.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
ohboy109
Rookie
And1: 225

Post#214 » by ohboy109 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:51 am

Yankeeknickfan wrote:Peter Rosenberg, on the Kay show might have fun with this. He's had problems with Craig.

**** peter he not even from ny!
He needs to go
ohboy109
Rookie
And1: 225

Post#215 » by ohboy109 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:04 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Appleshampoo wrote:
PV2nice wrote:Unfortunate! LOL @ those who like Peter Rosenberg yet dislike Carton. Certainly not apples to apples, but they're both in the same class in regards to sports knowledge and being obnoxious.

Peter is just someone you want the pat in the back several time while shaking your head vs Carton who you'll want to slap across his head as hard as you can.

For what it's worth several years ago Carton praised RealGmKnicks for being on top of the Knicks and being super informative vs those in the media who lack tons. I heard it myself driving to work. Guess he was wrong lmaooo...

I listen to both the Wfan/ESPN. I avoid Mike Fran and Stephen A Smith aka Lamar Latrelle :nod:

Peter is a good addition to Kay and Lagreca but Peter Rosenberg's are a dime a dozen. Craig Carton is one of a kind. Unfiltered and idiotic but able to entertain for hours and get the entire studio involved in a show. I wonder how he kept $3 million in debt under wraps. Surprised how much hate the show is getting... you don't listen to Boomer and Carton for great insight on the Knicks - that is what I go here for.

Also do not know anyone in sports radio who can talk football better then Boomer - Phil Sims would be a great temporary partner to kick off NFL season.

What does he bring? Aside from being loud and having "hot takes" which he labels as such along with occasional bathroom humor, what benefit does he provide? How is he a better personality than any of the following: Lupica, Humpty, Hahn, Canty, Rothenberg, or the man/myth/legend Bill Daughtry.

Peter **** kay show up..kay is the best on that show
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,568

Post#216 » by Fat Kat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:53 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,785

Post#217 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:45 pm

Greenie wrote:How dare this black dude take a knee protesting modern day Jim Crow (police brutality) during an anthem that was written and a flag that was made when blacks were not seen as humans, but rather property to be bought, sold, used and abused all for the benefit of this country who built itself and its wealth on their backs? Yeah, how dare he!

Like I said, its been noted how teams dealt with him. Just like notes were taken on him by those that were offended by his actions.

Free speech in America. Everyone loves it until someone does it.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,835

Post#218 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:54 pm

Greenie wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

Kap could start for Denver.
That's a championship defense with no QB worth a damn.

Not gonna lie, I would love to see that fit. But they are trying to develop that kid they drafted last season so it won't happen... Maybe next year?
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#219 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:16 pm

ohboy109 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Appleshampoo wrote:
Peter is a good addition to Kay and Lagreca but Peter Rosenberg's are a dime a dozen. Craig Carton is one of a kind. Unfiltered and idiotic but able to entertain for hours and get the entire studio involved in a show. I wonder how he kept $3 million in debt under wraps. Surprised how much hate the show is getting... you don't listen to Boomer and Carton for great insight on the Knicks - that is what I go here for.

Also do not know anyone in sports radio who can talk football better then Boomer - Phil Sims would be a great temporary partner to kick off NFL season.

What does he bring? Aside from being loud and having "hot takes" which he labels as such along with occasional bathroom humor, what benefit does he provide? How is he a better personality than any of the following: Lupica, Humpty, Hahn, Canty, Rothenberg, or the man/myth/legend Bill Daughtry.

Peter **** kay show up..kay is the best on that show

I agree that I don't like Peter, but just for my internal polling results as a Kay fan do you happen to also be a Yankee fan?
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#220 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:20 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Greenie wrote:How dare this black dude take a knee protesting modern day Jim Crow (police brutality) during an anthem that was written and a flag that was made when blacks were not seen as humans, but rather property to be bought, sold, used and abused all for the benefit of this country who built itself and its wealth on their backs? Yeah, how dare he!

Free speech in America. Everyone loves it until someone does it.

Free speech =/= consequence free speech.
I think it was Don Imus who went on that racist rant on WFAN and lost his job "but but free speech." Of course his speech was hateful, ignorant and awful (coupled with other things). I don't know Imus at all, but I am glad his employer got rid of him after that incident...

Return to New York Knicks