ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,396

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#221 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Unfortunately, many charities operate this way...sad.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,835

Post#222 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:24 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's awful if it's true. I hope there is a way to re-route some funds of his towards actual charities to make good on the donations of those contributors...
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#223 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:24 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Greenie wrote:How dare this black dude take a knee protesting modern day Jim Crow (police brutality) during an anthem that was written and a flag that was made when blacks were not seen as humans, but rather property to be bought, sold, used and abused all for the benefit of this country who built itself and its wealth on their backs? Yeah, how dare he!

Like I said, its been noted how teams dealt with him. Just like notes were taken on him by those that were offended by his actions.

Free speech in America. Everyone loves it until someone does it.

Free speech =/= consequence free speech.
I think it was Don Imus who went on that racist rant on WFAN and lost his job "but but free speech." Of course his speech was hateful, ignorant and awful (coupled with other things). I don't know Imus at all, but I am glad his employer got rid of him after that incident...

Is what Kap doing racist?
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#224 » by Mecca » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:26 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

litty
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#225 » by GEOLINK » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow what a piece of ****.
ohboy109
Rookie
And1: 225

Re: RE: Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested 

Post#226 » by ohboy109 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:37 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
ohboy109 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
What does he bring? Aside from being loud and having "hot takes" which he labels as such along with occasional bathroom humor, what benefit does he provide? How is he a better personality than any of the following: Lupica, Humpty, Hahn, Canty, Rothenberg, or the man/myth/legend Bill Daughtry.

Peter **** kay show up..kay is the best on that show

I agree that I don't like Peter, but just for my internal polling results as a Kay fan do you happen to also be a Yankee fan?

Yes i am..legreca dont like basketball thats why i feel him to much either..

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#227 » by Pharmcat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:51 pm

Greenie wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
Greenie wrote:Kap is far better than Tebow ever was(professionally).

Dude got chances because he was Tebow. A bible thumping college hero. He was straight garbage as a NFL player and yet, how many shots did he get?

Of course, Kap was better than Tebow. I'm not comparing their talent. They both have similar baggage at that point. Tebow was not a good QB but if he was a backup on any team, those bible thumping fans of his would've made an uncomfortable situation for the starting QB and team. That's why Tebow never really had a long career.

Should Kap be on a team? Of course, he should. Does he come with baggage? Yes, he does. Is he a starter? Nope and that's why teams don't want him.

Kap could start for Denver.
That's a championship defense with no QB worth a damn.

elway is a hardcore republican he aint signing kap
Pharmcat
RealGM

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested 

Post#228 » by Pharmcat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Greenie wrote:
That's why there is a problem. How is this hard to understand? Black folks are not feeling as to why he's not signed. We all know it's not football reasons. Mofo's will beat a female damn near to death, kill(hi Ray), steal or rob and still keep a job in the NFL. Let a dude stand up for civil rights and he's shunned.

It's a modern day n*** rule. He's being told to fall in line.

this is where we are as a society right now when it comes to the NFL: we are ok with druggies playing in it, criminals playing in it, women beaters playing in it, no problem. But a player using his 1st amendment right in a peaceful way: people stop watching and the NFL blackballs him
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#229 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:21 pm

Pharmcat wrote:
Greenie wrote:
That's why there is a problem. How is this hard to understand? Black folks are not feeling as to why he's not signed. We all know it's not football reasons. Mofo's will beat a female damn near to death, kill(hi Ray), steal or rob and still keep a job in the NFL. Let a dude stand up for civil rights and he's shunned.

this is where we are as a society right now when it comes to the NFL: we are ok with druggies playing in it, criminals playing in it, women beaters playing in it, no problem. But a player using his 1st amendment right in a peaceful way: people stop watching and the NFL blackballs him

I don't think a player should lose his right to earn an income because of something that happened off the court.

Now while I do know Kap has a right to exercise his rights, and I do applaud him for doing so, there are risks to it when done at your place of work. Fair or unfair, the risks were known and there.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Appleshampoo
Sixth Man
And1: 879

Post#230 » by Appleshampoo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's awful if it's true. I hope there is a way to re-route some funds of his towards actual charities to make good on the donations of those contributors...

I know he has a summer camp for kids with tourettes. not sure if they are still working with the U of Tenneseee on clinical research. Kind of seems like the NYPost pissing into the fire... but then again he is apart of $6 million ponzi scheme. "making connections" from your charity.. seems like he might have used people who donated to and trusted him in the past to invest in the bogus ticket business. Pretty low.

All money raised through these events are going to two distinct things - granted this article is 2 years old.

“One (goes to) Camp Carton, which is in our second year,” said the co-host of WFAN’s and CBS Sports Network’s popular morning show.” We doubled enrollment. It’s a week-long summer camp, sleepover camp for seven days up in Rhinebeck, N.Y. We’ll have nearly 50 kids that will be in that camp. The money goes towards this clinical study at the University of Tennessee, because at the end of the day, we think we have the key that unlocks the door to making life better for kids with Tourette’s. http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/06/17/craig-carton-on-par-to-take-a-drive-at-tourettes-with-tic-toc-stop/
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#231 » by Sark » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:15 pm

Freedom of speech only protects you from government prosecution. The NFL not signing Kap is not an example of denying free speech nor infringing on his rights.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#232 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Sark wrote:Freedom of speech only protects you from government prosecution. The NFL not signing Kap is not an example of denying free speech nor infringing on his rights.

Sure.

Kap can't get a job because he spoke up.
That is called STFU and play ball. Common sense tells the world that. The NFL has every right to do exactly what they are doing and we have every right to call it fuqed up bull.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#233 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Greenie wrote:
Sark wrote:Freedom of speech only protects you from government prosecution. The NFL not signing Kap is not an example of denying free speech nor infringing on his rights.

Sure.

That is called STFU and play ball. Common sense tells the world that. The NFL has every right to do exactly what they are doing and we have every right to call it fuqed up bull.

Talk is cheap, make a stand and dont support them, if you really think what the NFL did was truly messed up.

Sark
RealGM

Post#234 » by Sark » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Sure.

Talk is cheap, make a stand and dont support them, if you really think what the NFL did was truly messed up.

Basically this. Protest the NFL if you think they are wrong. Your freedom of speech allows you to do that.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#235 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:32 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Sure.

Easily done.
I'm don't give a damn about the NFL.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#236 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:35 pm

Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:Sure.

Easily done.

Then make your move.....

Greenie
RealGM

Post#237 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:45 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Talk is cheap, make a stand and dont support them, if you really think what the NFL did was truly messed up.

Easily done.

Then make your move.....

What move?
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#238 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:48 pm

Lol.

Sark
RealGM

Post#239 » by Sark » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Honestly Kaepernick's biggest issue is that he's not that good at QB. If he were a better player, someone would give him a chance. Look at Ray Rice and Ezekiel Elliot. Rice sucks now and is old, and he hits his wife. Elliot is good and young, and he hits his gf and still has a job. If you're good, you'll keep getting chances until you suck. Then you get no more chances.
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#240 » by Pharmcat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:30 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:
Greenie wrote:

I don't think a player should lose his right to earn an income because of something that happened off the court.

Now while I do know Kap has a right to exercise his rights, and I do applaud him for doing so, there are risks to it when done at your place of work. Fair or unfair, the risks were known and there.

its not like street drugs im speaking off, but even PEDs where players cheat to gain an advantage over others and ultimately give us a product that is not natural. Heck even in MLB players are treated with more scorn after they get busted with PEDs, but in the NFL no one cares. the message we give us a nation through NFL speak volumes as to where we are as a society.

Return to New York Knicks