Moderator: TyCobb

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Re: This is the best dodgers team of my life 

Post#21 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:20 pm

Stopped reading after "No."

Thanks.
We'll pick this conversation back up around the winter meetings.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,961

Post#22 » by Cubbies2120 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Cards make it back to .500?

Nevertheless, as long as the Cubs and Dodger's choke like they usually do, I can live with that and be happy for this season.

Yeah, cuz the Bryzzo era Cubs have such a rich history of choking, amirite? :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:26 am

Yea, one championship in 108 years, o.k.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by Cubbies2120 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:41 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Yea, one championship in 108 years, o.k.

Didn't know current players/FO personnel have been on the team for 108 years. Gotta say doe, they look damn good for their age.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 3, 2017 9:06 pm

I didn't know a Cubs fan could count that high.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Sep 6, 2017 3:36 pm

Neddy wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:They will still choke come playoff time. They always do. Peaking at the wrong time as usual. And they better hope we don't make the playoffs because we own Kershaw and the Dodgers in the playoffs.

Matt Adams is on the braves now. Matt Holliday is a yankee. I am not worried about you guys. and have a real playoff team first. it doesn't look good for the redbirds in 2017.

We have been bringing up a lot of young kids from our farm system the past two years so we have to take our lumps a bit. We'll be fine going into next year. If we make the playoffs this year will be just added gravy. But once again, as I have seen for decades now, is the collapse of the Dodgers down the stretch and into the playoffs. Its so predictable its hard to not fall out of your chair laughing. :falloff:
Right behind the Cubs, the Dodgers are my favorite national league CHOKERS. Go Diamond backs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#27 » by Neddy » Sat Sep 9, 2017 5:12 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Neddy wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:They will still choke come playoff time. They always do. Peaking at the wrong time as usual. And they better hope we don't make the playoffs because we own Kershaw and the Dodgers in the playoffs.

Matt Adams is on the braves now. Matt Holliday is a yankee. I am not worried about you guys. and have a real playoff team first. it doesn't look good for the redbirds in 2017.

We have been bringing up a lot of young kids from our farm system the past two years so we have to take our lumps a bit. We'll be fine going into next year. If we make the playoffs this year will be just added gravy. But once again, as I have seen for decades now, is the collapse of the Dodgers down the stretch and into the playoffs. Its so predictable its hard to not fall out of your chair laughing. :falloff:
Right behind the Cubs, the Dodgers are my favorite national league CHOKERS. Go Diamond backs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

you waited 2 months to respond until we had our first skid. well done, you 73-68 team fan. well done.
ehhhhh f it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Sep 9, 2017 2:57 pm

Neddy wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Neddy wrote:Matt Adams is on the braves now. Matt Holliday is a yankee. I am not worried about you guys. and have a real playoff team first. it doesn't look good for the redbirds in 2017.

LMAO

you waited 2 months to respond until we had our first skid. well done, you 73-68 team fan. well done.

Go back and read ALL earlier posts. I told you the Dodgers have been doing this for 2 decades and running now. Geez.
Camping Fan
Senior
And1: 215

Post#29 » by Camping Fan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:53 am

Will some one please explain to me what happened to the Dodgers and why they ran completely out of gas. I have never seen a team turn around and go to complete zero like this.
Lakers 2020
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,557

Post#30 » by El Turco » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:31 pm

sounds like you had a disappointing life
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#31 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:46 am

Like we haven't called up a bunch of players (includingvthe Rookie of the Year).

Thought the whole Show Me State thing was for results, not excuses.

“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:56 pm

Camping Fan wrote:Will some one please explain to me what happened to the Dodgers and why they ran completely out of gas. I have never seen a team turn around and go to complete zero like this.

Its what they always do. :lol: Doing it for years. :rock: :rocking: :dontknow:
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#33 » by Camping Fan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:28 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:Will some one please explain to me what happened to the Dodgers and why they ran completely out of gas. I have never seen a team turn around and go to complete zero like this.

Its what they always do. :lol: Doing it for years. :rock: :rocking: :dontknow:

Fortunately they got to play the SF Giants - which always inspires them to win a few - I think they need 9 games now to clinch the playoff spot
Lakers 2020
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Cubbies2120 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:12 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dodgers-skid-bad-hardly-unprecedented-164647531.html

After an early stretch of 30-4, this current run is not exactly shocking. It's just ebbs and flow of the game. They should right the ship over these final 2 weeks of the season.

But all bets are off in the postseason.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#35 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:33 pm

Cubs popping bottles all over St. Louis.

gotta hurt.
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#36 » by Camping Fan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:38 am

TKainZero wrote:Last time dodgers won the ws I wan 1 year old watching Kirk Gibson hit a hr

This team is great

Go blue

I remember in 1988, I was in Landscape gardening and there was another Japanese gardener on the same street I was working. You could set your clock to the nearest minute by what he was doing, but I asked him what he thought and his exact words was The Dodgers will lose because as a pitcher, Orel Hershiser was no good. Then the Oakland A's said they were disappointed to be playing the Dodgers and had hoped to play a better team. As a Dodger fan you can imagine how sweet that victory was. I was really very glad when O'Malley sold the team because as an owner he did not push for the best team and neglected it in my opinion. I agree that this team could beat the 1988 Dodgers. It would have been classic to have played the Yankees, but sometimes it's wise to be careful what you ask for, so I will leave that one alone and hope for my Dodgers
Lakers 2020
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#37 » by Camping Fan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:40 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Cubs popping bottles all over St. Louis.

gotta hurt.

Yeah, but they got one last year and honestly, they looked exhausted. The should be proud of the success of what they did do though. They was still the second best team in the MLB
Lakers 2020
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#38 » by Camping Fan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:57 am

Cubbies2120 wrote:

Didn't know current players/FO personnel have been on the team for 108 years. Gotta say doe, they look damn good for their age.

As a Dodgers fan, I will say congratulations to your team for an excellent performance and season. This year, however appears to belong to the Dodgers.
Lakers 2020
tocooks101
Senior
And1: 429

Post#39 » by tocooks101 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:08 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Cards make it back to .500?

No. and we may not get to .500 with all the young kids we have brought up the last couple seasons. Its the growing pains and the ups and downs of transitioning your team to get younger, which we have. Nevertheless, as long as the Cubs and Dodger's choke like they usually do, I can live with that and be happy for this season. Get back to me the last 3 weeks of the season and when the playoffs start. Lets see who is playing the best baseball when the pressure is on. I hope your not too high on your Raiders either this upcoming season. I can't see them getting by the Chiefs and Broncos.

This is hilarious, never seen someone eat so much crow on one post ROFL
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,557

Post#40 » by El Turco » Thu Nov 2, 2017 6:44 am

Camping Fan wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:

As a Dodgers fan, I will say congratulations to your team for an excellent performance and season. This year, however appears to belong to the Dodgers.

Nah
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.

Return to The General MLB Board