ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1601 » by DaGawd » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:26 pm

Triple C wrote:

This is the guy KP reminds me of more than anyone else.. just with a couple of more inches and better rounded offensive game
BaF
Washington Wizards
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,351

Post#1602 » by F N 11 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:06 pm

:30 Um!!! KP has officially taken the next step.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#1603 » by EchelonNYK » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:18 pm

Loving the Give and Go. I need more of that in the playbook this year.
AndriPerdhian93
Pro Prospect
And1: 249

Post#1604 » by AndriPerdhian93 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:31 pm

DievsZingis wrote:
AndriPerdhian93 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:when kristaps was drafted he was supposed to be a 2-3 year project.

and he is, and is still putting up numbers.

But it was funny brah, deandre ah cmon, i can be a scout to then.

I agree, but remember, this dude that was around who has 13 championship rings....WHO **** PICKED HIM...called him a Shawn Bradley type :lol:

But Deandre? Jesus......one look at KP's form on his free throws, jump shot, THREE POINTER should have told these "scouts" he wasn't like Deandre.

Deandre offensive skill are nonexistent, kp comparison with him are weird .
What
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,000

Post#1605 » by god shammgod » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:33 pm

Greenie wrote:
god shammgod wrote:well....kp already well on his way to taking melo's place with the fan base. congrats big guy. lol

We called this though. That's how this crazy ass fan base functions. They go in on dudes for nothing basketball related and magnify their shortcomings as a basketball player because of it.

...and now because they don't like some unfounded stuff about him as a person they will go back and say everything I said about the dude from his rookie year.

Not an Alpha
Poor rebounder
Poor man defender

The difference is, I said what I said with no malice against dude as a person. I was watching his game and didn't sugarcoat what I said about dude when I addressed his weaknesses. They are going in because they don't like his personality as if that changed the way he plays.

:lol:

yeah. a lot of people here won't admit it, but they're still mad about the exit meeting. after that, they were looking for every little thing to be mad at. mad because he has workout videos on instagram. lol. every other person with an instagram does that.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#1606 » by Tron Carter » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:24 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Greenie wrote:
god shammgod wrote:well....kp already well on his way to taking melo's place with the fan base. congrats big guy. lol

We called this though. That's how this crazy ass fan base functions. They go in on dudes for nothing basketball related and magnify their shortcomings as a basketball player because of it.

...and now because they don't like some unfounded stuff about him as a person they will go back and say everything I said about the dude from his rookie year.

Not an Alpha
Poor rebounder
Poor man defender

The difference is, I said what I said with no malice against dude as a person. I was watching his game and didn't sugarcoat what I said about dude when I addressed his weaknesses. They are going in because they don't like his personality as if that changed the way he plays.

yeah. a lot of people here won't admit it, but they're still mad about the exit meeting. after that, they were looking for every little thing to be mad at. mad because he has workout videos on instagram. lol. every other person with an instagram does that.

this aint nothing yet. kp is still on his rookie deal.
R.I.P Black Mamba
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,806

Post#1607 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:38 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Not an Alpha
Poor rebounder
Poor man defender

My post started the latest flare-up in here, and it was me saying that I was upset about the exit-meeting, etc - that was 100% it. KP has been great on the court, and has room to grow. I'm just not enthralled with what I've seen from him away from the court this offseason. He's already had an historical start to his career in terms of production and there appears to be more to unlock.

And him being douchey/diva-y doesn't matter if he finds the key to do so. It's just a meaningless fan reaction from me on a message board, not an in-depth analysis of the way he actually plays basketball.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,000

Post#1608 » by god shammgod » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:09 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Greenie wrote:We called this though. That's how this crazy ass fan base functions. They go in on dudes for nothing basketball related and magnify their shortcomings as a basketball player because of it.

Not an Alpha
Poor rebounder
Poor man defender

My post started the latest flare-up in here, and it was me saying that I was upset about the exit-meeting, etc - that was 100% it. KP has been great on the court, and has room to grow. I'm just not enthralled with what I've seen from him away from the court this offseason. He's already had an historical start to his career in terms of production and there appears to be more to unlock.

And him being douchey/diva-y doesn't matter if he finds the key to do so. It's just a meaningless fan reaction from me on a message board, not an in-depth analysis of the way he actually plays basketball.

and my point is he really hasn't done anything off the court. workout videos make him a diva ? i saw frank workout videos too. so he must be a diva by that logic. see, my point is the exit meeting has people judging things differently. people are looking for things to be mad at that they normally wouldn't even blink at. he's really acting the same as always. your perception has changed.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#1609 » by blueNorange » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:07 pm

DievsZingis wrote:
AndriPerdhian93 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:when kristaps was drafted he was supposed to be a 2-3 year project.

and he is, and is still putting up numbers.

But it was funny brah, deandre ah cmon, i can be a scout to then.

I agree, but remember, this dude that was around who has 13 championship rings....WHO **** PICKED HIM...called him a Shawn Bradley type :lol:

But Deandre? Jesus......one look at KP's form on his free throws, jump shot, THREE POINTER should have told these "scouts" he wasn't like Deandre.

yes phil drafted kristaps because he reminds him of shawn bradley, and not because kristaps(as we've seen in this eurobasket) moves well without the move and cuts to the basket ... 2 things needed in the triangle. :lol:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#1610 » by RHODEY » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:21 pm

K P 6 wrote:

He definitely takes contact better and you can just see the confidence.
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1611 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:45 pm

god shammgod wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

and my point is he really hasn't done anything off the court. workout videos make him a diva ? i saw frank workout videos too. so he must be a diva by that logic. see, my point is the exit meeting has people judging things differently. people are looking for things to be mad at that they normally wouldn't even blink at. he's really acting the same as always. your perception has changed.

My perception of the kid was what they were selling him as since coming into the league: a humble kid who insulated himself from the limelight with family so he could stay focused and outwork everyone on the way to the top. I understand that's idyllic, but it's legitimately what he was being sold as in just about every bit of exposure we had to him as fans - I don't know the guy personally and don't pretend to, so I base my opinion of him on what he presents/cultivates publicly. From the "fr" IG post to the slickly produced fan-style hype videos about himself made for release on his personal Youtube channel, this offseason has been like a "WTF/ORLY?" turn from my perspective.

Again though, in the end it's meaningless if he creates a legacy of production and winning here. I love watching KP play basketball and I want him here for the duration of his career. I don't want him traded, benched, run out of town, or anything like that. I simply want to continue to enjoy rooting for him with my kids as both a personality and basketball player, and I'm sure I'll do just that. My complaints are obviously just insignificant venting by a fan on the internet.
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1612 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:50 pm

RHODEY wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

I also feel like we've seen more KP dunks out of halfcourt sets in this FIBA tournament than we saw all of last year on the Knicks. :lol:
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,351

Post#1613 » by F N 11 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:06 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

I also feel like we've seen more KP dunks out of halfcourt sets in this FIBA tournament than we saw all of last year on the Knicks. :lol:

Ball movement and player movement. No one standing around for Iso's in the paint.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#1614 » by MrOrange » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:11 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:

My perception of the kid was what they were selling him as since coming into the league: a humble kid who insulated himself from the limelight with family so he could stay focused and outwork everyone on the way to the top. I understand that's idyllic, but it's legitimately what he was being sold as in just about every bit of exposure we had to him as fans - I don't know the guy personally and don't pretend to, so I base my opinion of him on what he presents/cultivates publicly. From the "fr" IG post to the slickly produced fan-style hype videos about himself made for release on his personal Youtube channel, this offseason has been like a "WTF/ORLY?" turn from my perspective.

Again though, in the end it's meaningless if he creates a legacy of production and winning here. I love watching KP play basketball and I want him here for the duration of his career. I don't want him traded, benched, run out of town, or anything like that. I simply want to continue to enjoy rooting for him with my kids as both a personality and basketball player, and I'm sure I'll do just that. My complaints are obviously just insignificant venting by a fan on the internet.

You should know (in case you didn't) that he himself does not run or control his youtube channel. And he does not make the slick videos himself. Nor pays for them. Its part of his obligations to Adidas and Body Armor contracts. I think that it s pretty obvious that those videos are much more indirect ads than anything else.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,625

Post#1615 » by mpharris36 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:33 pm

Read on Twitter

he making the giannis transition...
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,856

Post#1616 » by KnicksGod » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:41 pm

There's something about KP's game and/or makeup that I don't think he ever hits 23, 24 PPG. He's just not that level of scorer naturally. Which is totally fine. Play great D and pass and hit key shots -- that is better than an incomplete high scorer.

KP can be a winner, if he has it in him, and a great piece. But I don't think he'll have the all-around tools to score big every night. More like some big games, some fairly quiet offensive games where he contributes in other ways.

I am very concerned, however, whether he will recognize that this is a great way to be in the NBA. He may prioritize scoring in a way that he shouldn't and then the whole thing falls apart. If you watch enough ball, you should know what I'm getting at.
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,889

Post#1617 » by Jay10 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:42 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol: @ twitter

Read on Twitter
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#1618 » by NYKHardKnock » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:45 pm

I have a rock hard boner looking at those pictures
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1619 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:45 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

It'll be interesting to see picture day where we can line the same shot up from his first three years.

While not huge by traditional standards because of how much of an ectomorph he is, he totally looks much more the "enormous bigman" part just by the way he moves around and compares to others in this FIBA tournament. I can see the monster aspect of him being 7'3" and backing someone down in the paint flashing here and there for the first time.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#1620 » by ChaosHamster » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:50 pm

KnicksGod wrote:There's something about KP's game and/or makeup that I don't think he ever hits 23, 24 PPG. He's just not that level of scorer naturally. Which is totally fine. Play great D and pass and hit key shots -- that is better than an incomplete high scorer.

KP can be a winner, if he has it in him, and a great piece. But I don't think he'll have the all-around tools to score big every night. More like some big games, some fairly quiet offensive games where he contributes in other ways.

I am very concerned, however, whether he will recognize that this is a great way to be in the NBA. He may prioritize scoring in a way that he shouldn't and then the whole thing falls apart. If you watch enough ball, you should know what I'm getting at.

Next year I'am definitely expecting your scenario to be in place.

Rarely he will have an efficient game. We'll be seeing a lot of wild shots and ugly ISOS.

But thats good. Next year should be all about development and refining your game.

Return to New York Knicks