ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,776

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1621 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:57 pm

K P 6 wrote:

:30 Um!!! KP has officially taken the next step.

He used to always fall to the ground when he banged with anyone on a drive to the basket. Same with the spin move when he kicked it out for a 3. KP has definitely looked more stable on his feet this tournament. He's finally coming out of his baby Unicorn phase! :lol:
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#1622 » by j4remi » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:59 pm

K P 6 wrote:

:30 Um!!! KP has officially taken the next step.

1:13 seconds when 4 out of 5 players collapses on him and he kicks it out...that's just insane to have the whole team trying to help on one guy. If we don't unload some depth so the bench can knock us out of games like previous years, this team probably won't be bad enough to tank especially with so much rebuilding in the East.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#1623 » by Triple C » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:06 pm

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#1624 » by F N 11 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:09 pm

Triple C wrote:

Hard work and dedication
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#1625 » by KnicksGod » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:28 pm

He doesn't look that much bigger to me. His arms are fuller for sure.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,412

Post#1626 » by JXL » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:36 pm

KnicksGod wrote:He doesn't look that much bigger to me. His arms are fuller for sure.

He's finally eating those Wheaties that's laced with horse steroids...

I'll let myself out... :(
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#1627 » by blueNorange » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:41 pm

KnicksGod wrote:He doesn't look that much bigger to me. His arms are fuller for sure.

yeah it doesn't show that much, but when you see him play games you see the strength he's added.

he's not getting shoved as much.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#1628 » by EchelonNYK » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:08 pm

You need to visit your local optometrist if you don't see a difference. His face, arms, chest are more defined.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,849

Post#1629 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:09 pm

MrOrange wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
and my point is he really hasn't done anything off the court. workout videos make him a diva ? i saw frank workout videos too. so he must be a diva by that logic. see, my point is the exit meeting has people judging things differently. people are looking for things to be mad at that they normally wouldn't even blink at. he's really acting the same as always. your perception has changed.

My perception of the kid was what they were selling him as since coming into the league: a humble kid who insulated himself from the limelight with family so he could stay focused and outwork everyone on the way to the top. I understand that's idyllic, but it's legitimately what he was being sold as in just about every bit of exposure we had to him as fans - I don't know the guy personally and don't pretend to, so I base my opinion of him on what he presents/cultivates publicly. From the "fr" IG post to the slickly produced fan-style hype videos about himself made for release on his personal Youtube channel, this offseason has been like a "WTF/ORLY?" turn from my perspective.

Again though, in the end it's meaningless if he creates a legacy of production and winning here. I love watching KP play basketball and I want him here for the duration of his career. I don't want him traded, benched, run out of town, or anything like that. I simply want to continue to enjoy rooting for him with my kids as both a personality and basketball player, and I'm sure I'll do just that. My complaints are obviously just insignificant venting by a fan on the internet.

You should know (in case you didn't) that he himself does not run or control his youtube channel. And he does not make the slick videos himself. Nor pays for them. Its part of his obligations to Adidas and Body Armor contracts. I think that it s pretty obvious that those videos are much more indirect ads than anything else.

This is actually really good information - thanks! I don't think it changes much because Adidas is catering to KP's every whimsical desire with that contract - not the other way around. When you go to his Youtube page a video plays of KP welcoming you to his channel, the videos are stamped with his twitter/IG, and he tweets out links to them. In the wooing process last year with Adidas they weren't out there taking a hard line stance on what he had to do for them, they were promising him the moon. If the videos are because of his shoe contract, it's because he wanted them there, not because he had an obligation to Adidas to post them.

He's building his KP brand, which is fine. How he's doing it just doesn't resonate with me personally.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#1630 » by Tron Carter » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:36 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:You need to visit your local optometrist if you don't see a difference. His face, arms, chest are more defined.

don't mind the phil apologist. he's lost nearly all objectivity when it's come to kp.
R.I.P Black Mamba
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#1631 » by Tron Carter » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:38 pm

you just can't get over that exit meeting, can you? be honest because you're embarrassing yourself with comments like this.
R.I.P Black Mamba
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,197

Post#1632 » by DOT » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Went from straight up noodle arms to having definiton, pretty solid for just two years

I'm more concerned about his core than his upper body right now though
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1633 » by Greenie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:06 pm

DievsZingis wrote:
aliamri1017 wrote:KP playing well when the balls moving......who would've thought lol

God I hope Carmelo is gone. Please go win a championship, or try, elsewhere...I'll root for ya...just gtfo.

I agreed with the other poster that is getting **** when KP was kind of acting up after the season...I get what he means...he wasn't the type of kid his family/promoters and he himself sold him as, but....

Anybody else watching the tournament? He's playing like he runs that team, his personality on the court......I like it! And this concern about him being a diva...over what? Because he believed a former DPOY, an MVP, and a scoring champion would have led to more wins, but they didn't and on top of that none of them got any **** for it? One was in a wheel chair all year, the other went his way to the EC Champions, the third is trying to slither his way out but only to the destination of his choice..for what, playing like ****?

When the association was made that he was mad because of the way that shmuck Carmelo was treated, that made it worse if anything...but if he was mad about this trash ass team and it's trash ass leaders....I'm not grumpy anymore, I get the kid now...he wants to win, and have people held accountable. We need that in our future superstar if he plans on sticking around with this stupid ass dysfunctional organization...I hope he gets meaner.

Yeah, he is a little bit of a dick but you know what? If this is who he really is and now we know, that he's a nice guy with a little mean streak and not the goody two shoes that he was trying to be..I have no problem....I like this dick in him.

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#1634 » by KnicksGod » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:41 pm

Tron Carter wrote:

you just can't get over that exit meeting, can you? be honest because you're embarrassing yourself with comments like this.

He doesn't look narrow in the upper torso still? Okay well eye of the beholder. I still have high hopes for Kristaps.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,145

Post#1635 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:11 am

The Jamal Crawford Effect

Ha, just kidding.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#1636 » by F N 11 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:47 pm

K-DOT wrote:Went from straight up noodle arms to having definiton, pretty solid for just two years

I'm more concerned about his core than his upper body right now though

They mainly work on his core. look at his workout vids.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#1637 » by PeoplesChamp » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:28 pm

You people are giving me Jamal Crawford flashbacks...
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,849

Post#1638 » by SelbyCobra » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Big brother bringing up the potential KP has to transform the entire direction of a team. I'm hoping we see this affect this season, despite how much I want a top pick in the tank. KP being one of the handful of guys in the league that creates winning by his presence would be the best thing that could possibly happen to the Knicks.

Read on Twitter
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#1639 » by Phish Tank » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:26 pm

so Anthony Randolph tried to start a fight with Porzingis
BodyCount
Sixth Man
And1: 602

Post#1640 » by BodyCount » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:34 pm

I **** TOLD YOU WE'll MELT LATVIJA! **** YEAH! WEEEE ARREEEE THE CHAAAAMPIIIIOOONS, WEEE AREEE THE CHAAAMPPIIIOONNSS!!

Not even (Please Use More Appropriate Word) judges could have stopped us! **** FIBA! KP getting non existing fouls... bull! CAN'T **** WIN EVEN WITH CHEATING! Ahhahaha, no pussy for KP!

Suck it LAtvia!

Return to New York Knicks