2017 John Lynch hired as GM & Kyle Shanahan named HC

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Re: 2017 John Lynch hired as GM & Kyle Shanahan named HC 

Post#1561 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:38 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:If there was ever any doubt, and there shouldn't have been, Louis Riddick said tonight on SportsCenter that he was basically a package deal with Josh McDaniels. If McDaniels wasn't going to be the HC, then Riddick wasn't going to get/take that job.

Louis Riddick claims he nearly got the 49ers G.M. job

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/17/louis-riddick-claims-he-nearly-got-the-49ers-g-m-job/

Louis Riddick may be embellishing his chance of getting 49ers G.M. gig

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/17/louis-riddick-may-be-embellishing-his-chance-of-getting-49ers-g-m-gig/
RedneckNiner
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#1562 » by RedneckNiner » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:39 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:very good read Ray, thanks for that.

At first I was thinking we could have our Leo/Elephant in Armstead as a free lance linemen but regress that we would need more of a speedy guy.

Is that Lynch perhaps? Between Lynch or Brooks almost.

We need that NT... Poe or Hankins, some are calling for Brandon Williams..... sh*t, maybe a healthy Iwill could make a return?

Still like Allen in that "assumed" defense, if not Thomas....

Yep we need a LEO. More undersized versatile pass rusher. Lynch would need to be the Lynch of two years ago. Ideally we get an upgrade here.

We need a NT.

We need a Will or Mike. Bowman can play one.

We need a large run stuffing 5 Tech DE like Red Bryant.

So that is two dline spots where I don't see Buckner or Armstead as good fits. NT (1 Tech) and DE (5 Tech)

Basically we have two 3 Techs and only need one. Ugh.

Here's another curveball, does a prospect like Reuben Foster get back into the talks of our first rd pick?

Even if I think 2 is a tad too high I would not be upset with Foster at 2 provided Garrett is off the board. He could be the best ILB in the draft since Kuechly.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1563 » by ChrisPozz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:00 am

Alex Marvez:

APOLOGIES: Jerome Henderson has RE-SIGNED with @AtlantaFalcons as defensive passing game coordinator. HYPHEN MISSING ORIGINALLY.
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#1564 » by Dodub » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:01 am

Read on Twitter
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#1565 » by Jikkle » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:38 am

RedneckNiner wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:
Yep we need a LEO. More undersized versatile pass rusher. Lynch would need to be the Lynch of two years ago. Ideally we get an upgrade here.

We need a NT.

We need a Will or Mike. Bowman can play one.

We need a large run stuffing 5 Tech DE like Red Bryant.

So that is two dline spots where I don't see Buckner or Armstead as good fits. NT (1 Tech) and DE (5 Tech)

Basically we have two 3 Techs and only need one. Ugh.

Here's another curveball, does a prospect like Reuben Foster get back into the talks of our first rd pick?

Even if I think 2 is a tad too high I would not be upset with Foster at 2 provided Garrett is off the board. He could be the best ILB in the draft since Kuechly.

Yea I would say 2 is too high for an ILB. That 7 and beyond range is just right for an all-pro caliber type of ILB and off hand I can't even think of a time an ILB went in the top 5 let alone at 2. ILB is just a position where you can still find really good guys in rounds 2 and 3 and I just think 2 is a spot where you draft QB, Pass rush, DL, WR, or LT
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#1566 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Read on Twitter

DeMeco Ryans
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1567 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:31 pm

Demeco Ryans.... wow.... liked him back in the day(really, we've come to a point for me to say that?)
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
VictoryValhalla
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#1568 » by VictoryValhalla » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:40 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Demeco Ryans.... wow.... liked him back in the day(really, we've come to a point for me to say that?)

Sheesh...we must of not had a "defensive quality coach" last year.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#1570 » by Pattersonca65 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:53 am

Tom Gamble is leaving the 49ers. Sad to see him go but I guess there wasn't a place for him in the new regime
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1571 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:06 pm

Kyle Shanahan has no offset clause in his 49ers contract

http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/103822-kyle-shanahan-offset-clause-his-49ers-contract/

Yikes! Big get for the folks over at Priority Sports. I think Rick Smith is his agent but not 100% sure. But it's one of the people over at Priority Sports last I remember hearing.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#1572 » by wco81 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:54 pm

Yeah I just heard Michael Lombardi saying wow to Bill Simmons about this.

That means Jed will pay Kyle the full contract even if he fires him and Kyle gets another paying gig.

Would be even more lucrative for KS to get fired and find another job. But if he does poorly enough to get fired here, he may not get another HC job for awhile, unless it's something like the Harbaugh situation where 49ers decide to get rid of him for whatever reason, even though he has some measure of success. In that case, other teams would probably line up to hire him.
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#1573 » by Dodub » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:48 pm

I don't see anything wrong with it. They had to make gaurantees in order to get the coach they wanted. They had the reputation of a revolving door when it came to head coaches.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#1574 » by wco81 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:51 pm

It's just indicative of how profitable the 49ers are, that Jed can eat Tomsula and Kelly's contracts and give up very generous contracts to Lynch and Shanahan.

As soon as there's measurable improvement, season ticket prices are going up.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#1575 » by NinerSickness » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:35 am

[sarcasm font] So glad the Niners have Brian Hoyer instead of Jay Cutler. Great job John![/sarcasm font]
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#1576 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:34 pm

NinerSickness wrote:[sarcasm font] So glad the Niners have Brian Hoyer instead of Jay Cutler. Great job John![/sarcasm font]

I seriously doubt Hoyer was Lynch's call. You ought to be mad at Shanahan. More than likely Lynch defers to Shanahan on QB issues. I honestly could care less that they bring Cutler in. He has issues. I agree with you on Rosen though. That is where I am looking to.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#1577 » by I_am_1z » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:57 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:[sarcasm font] So glad the Niners have Brian Hoyer instead of Jay Cutler. Great job John![/sarcasm font]

I seriously doubt Hoyer was Lynch's call. You ought to be mad at Shanahan. More than likely Lynch defers to Shanahan on QB issues. I honestly could care less that they bring Cutler in. He has issues. I agree with you on Rosen though. That is where I am looking to.

Good to see the Boo Birds are consistent at least. IIRC, after Jim Tom's 49ers shutout the Vikings, we gave up 180+ yards the next week to a guy named Antonio Brown. 49er fans were livid, " HOW DO YOU GIVE UP 180 TO ANTONIO BROWN" "THIS TEAM IS DISGRACEFUL" " FIRE BAALKE", blah blah blah. Now we have a better coach and our emotions are more tame for some reason, yet we're 0-2 instead of 1-1. But I know if this was an unpopular hire the lynch mob would already be out in full force.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#1578 » by NinerSickness » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:03 am

I_am_1z wrote:Good to see the Boo Birds are consistent at least. IIRC, after Jim Tom's 49ers shutout the Vikings, we gave up 180+ yards the next week to a guy named Antonio Brown. 49er fans were livid, " HOW DO YOU GIVE UP 180 TO ANTONIO BROWN" "THIS TEAM IS DISGRACEFUL" " FIRE BAALKE", blah blah blah. Now we have a better coach and our emotions are more tame for some reason, yet we're 0-2 instead of 1-1. But I know if this was an unpopular hire the lynch mob would already be out in full force.

Lamest post ofthe year.

1. "Fire Baalke" was the smartest phrase in the English language.
2. I've said it from the beginning: Lynch is an amateur f**k-up. PAssing on Trubisky will go down as one of the all-time blunders in the NFL unless he's purposely tanking for Rosen (which they're not). At least Cutler would've given them an actual QB.

Replacing crap with crap isn't cause for celebration.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#1579 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:03 pm

I_am_1z wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:

Good to see the Boo Birds are consistent at least. IIRC, after Jim Tom's 49ers shutout the Vikings, we gave up 180+ yards the next week to a guy named Antonio Brown. 49er fans were livid, " HOW DO YOU GIVE UP 180 TO ANTONIO BROWN" "THIS TEAM IS DISGRACEFUL" " FIRE BAALKE", blah blah blah. Now we have a better coach and our emotions are more tame for some reason, yet we're 0-2 instead of 1-1. But I know if this was an unpopular hire the lynch mob would already be out in full force.

We are only two games into the season. We know what happened after that opening season victory against the Vikings. The team went to crap. Both the offense and defense were ranked near the bottom of the league. We watched the talent on the roster dwindle as most of Baalke's draft picks and free agent signings fizzled. We are in a rebuilding phase and this team is currently where it is at because of Baalke, not Lynch. The team had few choices with head coaches as top candidates did not want to work here. The organization was a big mess
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#1580 » by I_am_1z » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:44 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:

We are only two games into the season. We know what happened after that opening season victory against the Vikings. The team went to crap. Both the offense and defense were ranked near the bottom of the league. We watched the talent on the roster dwindle as most of Baalke's draft picks and free agent signings fizzled. We are in a rebuilding phase and this team is currently where it is at because of Baalke, not Lynch. The team had few choices with head coaches as top candidates did not want to work here. The organization was a big mess

At 1-1 the Jim Tom year the fans already had his head on a stake. Trent Baalke had definitely run his course, but how unlucky of him to draft all those redshirts and have none (Not that I recall) recover ahead of schedule, which is kind of the norm for athletes. I'm not sure how our training staff kept their jobs, they seem to be lousy.

Return to San Francisco 49ers