KopLegend - 6
Qwigglez - 5
Ulquiorra - 4
kennydorglas - 3
Zero Tolerance - 2
Phystic - 1

Rules
  • All the rules from the other leagues.... you know the drill

Clock will start September 25th 12pm PT and is a 12 hour clock.

Spoiler:

The lottery will is split into 4 tiers. 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16. Each of those tiers will have a mini lottery to determine the order for that tier. Each person in the tier will have a 25% chance of the top pick in the tier.

Inactivity rule - applies for the 2018/19 lottery and beyond
In the event that a player is 27 games or more short of maxing their games played (3 games per position) they will be demoted to the next lowest lottery tier. The highest seeded player from the lower tier will be promoted in their place.

Injured Keepers Exception
Players can apply for an injury exception. This exception waives the lottery tier penalty for not meeting the games played in a season. You should only apply if you feel that you have been unable to meet the games played threshold due to long term injuries to keeper players. Your 2 IR spots are able to completely cover 2 long term injuries to keepers. Don't come asking for an exception unless you're using the IR spots properly.

To apply: just post in this thread.

Once you have applied, I will review the GP and injuries to your team to determine whether or not to grant the waiver. If successful, I will post in here to notify the league. The league then have a week to post any objections to the granted waiver.

Draft

Spoiler:
Draft order:

1 - The Fresh Princes (wheezy): Deandre Ayton
2 - Book it all night (dmastro): Luka Doncic
3 - Three 6 Latvia (ZER0): Jaren Jackson
4 - Waxed On (Miyagi): Wendell Carter
5 - The Foxy Ones (batsmasher): Trae Young
6 - Boogie Nights (TASTIC): Collin Sexton
7 - Wordsenuff: Marvin Bagley
8 - bigfoot Ballers: Mo Bamba
9 - All I Do Is Lin (Kop Legend): Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
10 - No 'I' in Harden (Mathias): Thaddeus Young
11 - Ulquiorra: Kevin Knox
12 - WeekapaugGroove: Jonathan Isaac
13 - Balls Deep (Kerrsed): Harry Giles
14 - bwgood77's Team: Tyreke Evans
15 - Qwigglez: Bogdan Bogdanovic
16 - Lillard Time (Golanator): Willie Cauley Stein
17 - Lillard Time: Jeremy Lamb
18 - Qwigglez: Reggie Jackson
19 - bwgood77's Team: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
20 - Balls Deep: Patrick Beverley
21 - WeekapaugGroove: Spencer Dinwiddie
22 - Ulquiorra: Jordan Bell
23 - No 'I' in Harden: Mikal Bridges
24 - All I Do Is Lin: Mario Hezonja
25 - bigfoot Ballers: Michael Porter, Jr
26 - Wordsenuff: Trevor Ariza
27 - Boogie Nights: Cedi Osman
28 - The Foxy Ones: Mitchell Robinson
29 - Waxed On: Trey Burke
30 - Three 6 Latvia: Rodney Hood
31 - Book it all night: Trey Lyles
32 - The Fresh Princes: Montrezl Harrell
33 - The Fresh Princes: Kelly Oubre
34 - Book it all night: Miles Bridges
35 - Three 6 Latvia: Elie Okobo
36 - Waxed On: Jerami Grant
37 - The Foxy Ones: Luke Kennard
38 - Boogie Nights: Willy Hernangomez
39 - Wordsenuff: Taj Gibson
40 - bigfoot Ballers: Grayson Allen
41 - All I Do Is Lin: Kelly Olynyk
42 - No 'I' in Harden: Danilo Gallinari
43 - Ulquiorra: Marquese Chriss
44 - WeekapaugGroove: Rudy Gay
45 - Balls Deep: Frank Ntilikina
46 - bwgood77's Team: Zach Collins
47 - Qwigglez: Alex Len
48 - Lillard Time: Tyus Jones
49 - Lillard Time: E'Twaun Moore
50 - Qwigglez: Javale McGee
51 - bwgood77's Team: Bojan Bogdanovic
52 - Balls Deep: MarShon Brooks
53 - WeekapaugGroove: DeAnthony Melton
54 - Ulquiorra: Gorgui Dieng
55 - No 'I' in Harden: Dewayne Dedmon
56 - All I Do Is Lin: Marcus Smart
57 - bigfoot Ballers: Aaron Holiday
58 - Wordsenuff: Marvin Williams
59 - Boogie Nights: James Ennis
60 - The Foxy Ones: OG Anunoby
61 - Waxed On: Delon Wright
62 - Three 6 Latvia: Pascal Siakam
63 - Book it all night: Shaq Harrison
64 - The Fresh Princes: Al Faroq Aminu

Teams

Teams are available here: https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/3155/draftresults?drafttab=team
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Re: Dynasty League Draft Thread 

Post#2 » by Golanator » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:29 pm

Calvin Klein
PG - Damian Lillard (PG)
SG - Buddy Hield (SG)
G - Goran Dragic (PG/SG)
SF - Harrison Barnes (SF/PF)
PF - Serge Ibaka (PF/C)
F - Willie Cauley Stein (PF/C)
C - Nikola Jokic (PF/C)
U - Steven Adams (C)
U - Patrick Beverley (PG/SG)
B - Dion Waiters (SG/SF)
B - Marcus Morris (SF/PF)
B -

This is my team now btw. I took over for Calvin Klein.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 687

Post#3 » by Kyler Murray » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:45 pm

batsmasher wrote:Rules

Ulquiorra
PG - Mike Conley
SG - Victor Oladipo
G - Jrue Holiday
SF - Evan Fournier
PF - Draymond Green
F -
C -
U -
U - Jared Sullinger
B - JaMychal Green
B -
B -

B -

I have Tim Hardaway Jr. as a keeper, not Sullinger. You have it right on yahoo tho.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#4 » by MathiasPW » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:28 pm

Seth Curry as a keeper? Was it that bad?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,053

Re: Fantasy Leagues Discussion 

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:51 am

I'm ready to start the draft but am trying to add everyone's suggestions into my original idea. But since we need to iron out future draft rules before starting, and new ideas keep getting thrown out, it delays it.

So the current hold ups seem to be kenny/Phystic don't want any lottery/random determination in future years, and MrMiyagi wants 41 games instead of 25 as the cut off for being penalized two draft spots.

I guess we keep the discussion going.

Also, one thing about the two spots we'd need to decide is if say, 5 teams make the lottery next year, because the Suns win 32 games, does the 2 spot penalty happen pre lottery? Or post lottery?

If you squeeze in 5th worst because of not having played games, it seems like you probably shouldn't get to be in the lottery. Originally I was thinking the penalty would happen post lottery; because if you got penalized two games for inactivity pre-lottery and still made the lottery cut off, and didn't get penalized post lottery, then you could have inactivity and still win the lottery.

I guess the easiest answer is you get a penalty pre and post. It would only matter pre lottery if it pushed you outside of the cutoff. If you remained in the lottery even after the penalty, you still should receive it post lottery because you could win.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:59 am

Although I like the idea of the random determination of teams that could theoretically get the first pick, I just thought of one other alternative.

In this scenario we have 4 lotteries, one for 13-16, one for 9-12, one for 5-8, and one for 1-4.

That way there are no predetermined spots.

However, if you don't meet the activeness level of somewhere between playing between 25 and 41 games of the max, you get a 4 spot penalty, basically meaning you move down a whole draft tier. And someone could get lucky, because if they were sitting at the 5th worst spot (2nd tier), and say the third worst team didn't play within a certain number of games of the max, they would move down to 7, moving everyone up one spot, the 5th worst team would suddenly move to 4 and have the chance at the #1 pick.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:06 am

I'm ready to get it going, and keep altering my original idea to try and appease everyone. I think most were ok with the last, but we have a few that would rather not have future lotteries it sounds, even though I think the majority are good with it. So I tried to come up with more new ideas in posts 644 and 645, but the last idea and comments prior to that start here.... viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1481978&start=620#p58827530
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,444

Post#8 » by Stix » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:09 am

MathiasPW wrote:Seth Curry as a keeper? Was it that bad?

Uhh no? He's the best shooter in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#9 » by Kerrsed » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:11 am

bwgood77 wrote:Although I like the idea of the random determination of teams that could theoretically get the first pick, I just thought of one other alternative.

In this scenario we have 4 lotteries, one for 13-16, one for 9-12, one for 5-8, and one for 1-4.

However, if you don't meet the activeness level of somewhere between playing between 25 and 41 games of the max, you get a 4 spot penalty, basically meaning you move down a whole draft tier. And someone could get lucky, because if they were sitting at the 5th worst spot (2nd tier), and say the third worst team didn't play within a certain number of games of the max, they would move down to 7, moving everyone up one spot, the 5th worst team would suddenly move to 4 and have the chance at the #1 pick.

This gets my vote! I like this idea alot!

Whats better than having a lottery?

Spoiler:
HAVING 3 LOTTERIES!!!!
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:31 am

Kerrsed wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Although I like the idea of the random determination of teams that could theoretically get the first pick, I just thought of one other alternative.

Spoiler:
HAVING 3 LOTTERIES!!!!

Spoiler:
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Kerrsed » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:32 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:

Spoiler:
HAVING 3 LOTTERIES!!!!

Spoiler:

Sorry, wasnt paying that much attention, been busy making my next draft picture. 4 lotteries. Even F'n Better!
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Re: Dynasty League Discussion 

Post#12 » by kennydorglas » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:42 am

bwgood77 wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:I'm not a fan of any type of lottery, but I can live with it :)

So even after we do reverse draft of standings this year, you want to do that every year regardless? I think ultimately that will make the league less competitive.

Yeah, I'd keep it simple. Reverse order but you still need to max out your games to keep it fair.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,642

Post#13 » by Phystic » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:52 am

bwgood77 wrote:I'm ready to start the draft but am trying to add everyone's suggestions into my original idea. But since we need to iron out future draft rules before starting, and new ideas keep getting thrown out, it delays it.

So the current hold ups seem to be kenny/Phystic don't want any lottery/random determination in future years, and MrMiyagi wants 41 games instead of 25 as the cut off for being penalized two draft spots.

Also, one thing about the two spots we'd need to decide is if say, 5 teams make the lottery next year, because the Suns win 32 games, does the 2 spot penalty happen pre lottery? Or post lottery?

If you squeeze in 5th worst because of not having played games, it seems like you probably shouldn't get to be in the lottery. Originally I was thinking the penalty would happen post lottery; because if you got penalized two games for inactivity pre-lottery and still made the lottery cut off, and didn't get penalized post lottery, then you could have inactivity and still win the lottery.

I guess the easiest answer is you get a penalty pre and post. It would only matter pre lottery if it pushed you outside of the cutoff. If you remained in the lottery even after the penalty, you still should receive it post lottery because you could win.

To clarify, I absolutely think anything but a reverse snake draft THIS draft is completely unfair. I don't necessarily agree with having a lottery moving forward as I think a reverse draft can keep things more balanced if tanking can be controlled(which is a part of this discussion).

I personally think that if we are keeping tanking under control then there is no need for a lottery. The worst teams get top picks which in theory should help keep the league level. In theory. I just don't like the idea of a playoff team landing a top pick and the worst team in the league getting a mid round pick. And this isn't just because I'm the worst team in the league :lol:. Of course all the top teams are down for a lottery, it benefits them.

With all that said, if the league wants to do that starting next draft then I'm fine even if that does sort of mess with my... process/timeline :D .

As for when the penalty should be implemented. I say pre-lottery. If that keeps them in the lottery then oh well. I don't think it's fair to screw them over multiple times by doing pre AND post lottery.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Kerrsed » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:55 am

Phystic wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I'm ready to start the draft but am trying to add everyone's suggestions into my original idea. But since we need to iron out future draft rules before starting, and new ideas keep getting thrown out, it delays it.

To clarify, I absolutely think anything but a reverse snake draft THIS draft is completely unfair. I don't necessarily agree with having a lottery moving forward as I think a reverse draft can keep things more balanced if tanking can be controlled(which is a part of this discussion).

I personally think that if we are keeping tanking under control then there is no need for a lottery. The worst teams get top picks which in theory should help keep the league level. In theory. I just don't like the idea of a playoff team landing a top pick and the worst team in the league getting a mid round pick. And this isn't just because I'm the worst team in the league :lol:. Of course all the top teams are down for a lottery, it benefits them.

With all that said, if the league wants to do that starting next draft then I'm fine even if that does sort of mess with my... process/timeline :D .

As for when the penalty should be implemented. I say pre-lottery. If that keeps them in the lottery then oh well. I don't think it's fair to screw them over multiple times by doing pre AND post lottery.

Re-read his new 4 tier lotto idea, and tell me that doesnt interest you.
Phystic
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by Phystic » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:56 am

I like this idea MUCH better than the other. This at least ensures the quality of the teams stays within their bracket(unless multiple teams miss the games play cutoff). That way a playoff team can't land a top 3 pick.
Phystic
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by Phystic » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:56 am

Kerrsed wrote:
Phystic wrote:

Re-read his new 4 tier lotto idea, and tell me that doesnt interest you.

Hey! Don't tell me what to do while I'm doing it! :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#17 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:23 am

Phystic wrote:

Well there are no playoff teams and the lottery under my initial plan would have probably normally be only the bottom half or less, but perhaps a couple more teams at times.

I think with the penalty, even though it might happen twice, ultimately would only get penalized once. Pre lottery they only get penalized if they get knocked out of lottery due to moving down. In that scenario, that's their only penalty. If someone moves down pre lottery and still stays in lottery, they could still end up with #1 pick even though they fell way short on games. So their only real penalty would be post lottery where they move down from 1 to 3.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Re: Fantasy Leagues Discussion - Currently Dynasty Future Drafts 

Post#18 » by MathiasPW » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:26 am

Like the tier lottery idea. Avoids top teams becoming even stronger by luck, which ruins the season for everyone else, yet keeps the fun of lottery randomness with something at stake.
Phystic
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by Phystic » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:37 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Phystic wrote:

Well there are no playoff teams and the lottery under my initial plan would have probably normally be only the bottom half or less, but perhaps a couple more teams at times.

I think with the penalty, even though it might happen twice, ultimately would only get penalized once. Pre lottery they only get penalized if they get knocked out of lottery due to moving down. In that scenario, that's their only penalty. If someone moves down pre lottery and still stays in lottery, they could still end up with #1 pick even though they fell way short on games. So their only real penalty would be post lottery where they move down from 1 to 3.

My bad on two counts:

1. Too many leagues(and too mean beers), change playoff team to top teams. And my point is somewhat valid :)
2. Fair enough I think I misunderstood your original idea as well as got confused as I thought it was mentioned somewhere that we were doing a weighted lottery. So many ideas, I got mixed up.

But all of that is void, because I do like the tiered lottery and I think that is a great middle ground for everyone.
Phystic
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by Phystic » Sun Oct 1, 2017 9:14 am

I thought it was determined this draft was going to be reverse draft order, and this tier system was for next draft?

Return to Phoenix Suns