ImageImageImageImageImage

Melo traded to OKC Thread (Cont.) - Put Melo stuff in here thanks xoxo Cap

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,236

Re: Melo traded to OKC Thread (Cont.) - Put Melo stuff in here thanks xoxo Cap 

Post#601 » by gavran » Sun Oct 1, 2017 1:52 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
honestly i look at that oladipo contract as an albatross. the indiana connection must have been strong because i don't know what the pacers line of thinking was taking on that deal.

it is. i would have waived george before taking him.

presti getting rid of him and kanter's deals in one offseason is just pure sorcery. if he doesn't win executive of the year this season the award is a farce.

I'm not sure he gets bonus points for trading a contract he offered just months earlier.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#602 » by Tron Carter » Sun Oct 1, 2017 1:57 pm

gavran wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
it is. i would have waived george before taking him.

presti getting rid of him and kanter's deals in one offseason is just pure sorcery. if he doesn't win executive of the year this season the award is a farce.

I'm not sure he gets bonus points for trading a contract he offered just months earlier.

flipping a terrible contract like oladipo's into an all star forward in paul george? he absolutely deserves credit. he corrected his mistake and massively upgraded his roster.
R.I.P Black Mamba
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#603 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Oct 1, 2017 2:05 pm

I really don't think Dipo's contract is all that bad considering he is a versatile player. But getting PG with it was a feat, but that is more on Indy than it was OKC. Indy had better offers, just flat out refused to trade him to an eastern team.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,611

Post#604 » by Capn'O » Sun Oct 1, 2017 7:53 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:I really don't think Dipo's contract is all that bad considering he is a versatile player. But getting PG with it was a feat, but that is more on Indy than it was OKC. Indy had better offers, just flat out refused to trade him to an eastern team.

Word. I like Dipo. Is he overpaid? Yeah. But still a nice young player and in a situation he could do well in.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,611

Post#605 » by Capn'O » Sun Oct 1, 2017 8:01 pm

Apparently, Melo is still wearing his hoodie in OKC practices.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
MDDN48
Senior
And1: 165

Re: Melo traded to OKC Thread (Cont.) 

Post#606 » by MDDN48 » Mon Oct 2, 2017 1:57 am

sushibear wrote:
MDDN48 wrote:
sushibear wrote:So the line up looks like this?

C. E. Kanter/noah/O'Quinn/kornet
PF. Porzingis/willy/lft
SF. Beasley/kuzmingkus/Hayes
SG. Hardaway jr/c.lee/baker/dotson
PG. Ntilikina/j.jack/sessions

I think knicks should try to move lft and O'Quinn and lee.

Where are we putting Doug McDermott?

Lol oh shiet I forgot about him. Where do we put him?

Not that it means anything, but he started at the 3, for the open practice at the Garden today.
"DARE TO BE GREAT"

COMPANY MERCH: http://jam3productions.bigcartel.com/
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#607 » by Greenie » Mon Oct 2, 2017 2:14 am

ibraheim718 wrote:Schit so Melo is gone?

You're staying though.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#608 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Mon Oct 2, 2017 5:14 pm

Now he talks about defense. :wink:

While saying he was “happy’’ and commended Westbrook for “showing this organization his commitment and the city of Oklahoma his commitment to them, too,’’ he refused to answer questions about his future.

“I’m going to tell you right now I’m not even answering those questions,’’ Anthony said. “I don’t want to touch those questions right now and alter my focus and vision right now being in training camp and getting things rolling and reestablishing something here.”

Anthony is now playing for a defensive-minded coach in Billy Donovan and made a sentiment rarely heard from his lips during his offensive-minded time in New York. Anthony will face the Knicks in the real season opener, Oct. 19 in Oklahoma City – as fate would have it.

“We honestly believe we can be one of the best defensive teams in the NBA,’’ Anthony said. “That’s been our focus so far.”
Greenie
RealGM

Post#609 » by Greenie » Tue Oct 3, 2017 6:22 am

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:Now he talks about defense. :wink:

While saying he was “happy’’ and commended Westbrook for “showing this organization his commitment and the city of Oklahoma his commitment to them, too,’’ he refused to answer questions about his future.

“I’m going to tell you right now I’m not even answering those questions,’’ Anthony said. “I don’t want to touch those questions right now and alter my focus and vision right now being in training camp and getting things rolling and reestablishing something here.”

Anthony is now playing for a defensive-minded coach in Billy Donovan and made a sentiment rarely heard from his lips during his offensive-minded time in New York. Anthony will face the Knicks in the real season opener, Oct. 19 in Oklahoma City – as fate would have it.

“We honestly believe we can be one of the best defensive teams in the NBA,’’ Anthony said. “That’s been our focus so far.”

It always comes from the coach. Lets run this back to our Knicks.

We entered last season without implementing a defensive scheme and the players actually said so. That’s why Rambis was placed in charge of it. Jeff never took the responsibility to handle that in his own so Phil appointed Kurt. That’s unacceptable....on Jeff’s behalf.

He better get it together.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,342

Post#610 » by NoStatsGuy » Tue Oct 3, 2017 7:37 am

MDDN48 wrote:
sushibear wrote:
MDDN48 wrote:
Where are we putting Doug McDermott?

Lol oh shiet I forgot about him. Where do we put him?

Not that it means anything, but he started at the 3, for the open practice at the Garden today.

he wil play over kuz and Lance. probably see some time at the 4 aswell.

i dont know why the knicks in here hate dougie so much. hes a legit nba player unlinke kuz and baker for example
im bout dat action boss
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,931

Post#611 » by stuporman » Tue Oct 3, 2017 8:12 am

When you're a winning team, even your mistakes are viewed as valuable pieces that net good players, when you're a losing team, your good contracts are 'throw ins' or used to move other terrible contracts only to receive even worse contracts.

When you are a good GM you exploit this perception and not get trapped by it, when you are a bad GM you get exploited by this perception and never are able to trap others with it.

Oh yes, it's the coach's fault Melo never cared about running back on defense preferring to argue with refs about calls. Bench him to make a point you say? Sure, that would work... until Dolan calls you into the his office to tell you that you will get fired before Melo goes anywhere. :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,863

Post#612 » by SelbyCobra » Tue Oct 3, 2017 4:00 pm

Read on Twitter
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#613 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 4:08 pm

Greenie wrote:

We entered last season without implementing a defensive scheme and the players actually said so. That’s why Rambis was placed in charge of it. Jeff never took the responsibility to handle that in his own so Phil appointed Kurt. That’s unacceptable....on Jeff’s behalf.

All while playing guys out of position due to poor roster construction. A problem that still haunts us today.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,434

Post#614 » by god shammgod » Tue Oct 3, 2017 4:11 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

All while playing guys out of position due to poor roster construction. A problem that still haunts us today.

i just heard the cavs are starting love, bron, crowder, wade, rose/i.t. - the knicks are gonna play 2 bigs against lineups like these ?
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#615 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Tue Oct 3, 2017 4:11 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:
Greenie
RealGM

Post#616 » by Greenie » Tue Oct 3, 2017 5:38 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

i just heard the cavs are starting love, bron, crowder, wade, rose/i.t. - the knicks are gonna play 2 bigs against lineups like these ?

Yep....and then wonder why we suck on defense.

That **** went so much deeper than Melo. He’s gone now. Same ****, different day.
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#617 » by SmoothLefty21 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 5:52 pm

Given the defensive talent around Melo in OKC, and the fact he'll be the 4, opposing teams are going to attack the hell out of him in PnR.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#618 » by dakomish23 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 6:00 pm

Greenie wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

That **** went so much deeper than Melo. He’s gone now. Same ****, different day.

It will still be his fault, guaranteed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#619 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 6:14 pm

SmoothLefty21 wrote:

Given the defensive talent around Melo in OKC, and the fact he'll be the 4, opposing teams are going to attack the hell out of him in PnR.

It's funny because when Melo played the 4 here last year we were just fine defensively because we had KP acting as a rim protector behind him which is his best trait defensively.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#620 » by Greenie » Tue Oct 3, 2017 6:16 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

It will still be his fault, guaranteed.

People love stats until it doesn’t fit an agenda. The Knicks have had a garbage defense 14 of the last 15 years.

The one year we were good? Tyson was here...with Melo. Woody was our coach. :banghead:

Return to New York Knicks