ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#561 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:10 am

BKlutch wrote:
Mecca wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Almost full ROM - I couldn't use it to scratch the other side of my back. That's how it hurt the most. I had some pain lifting it straight up, but never lost ROM in that direction and that pain subsided much earlier than the one where I had to bend it over to get the other side of my back. Yes, it was my right shoulder, so I carried my (heavy) briefcase to work using either my left hand, or put the strap over my right shoulder (which was also fine).

The problem is most people won't exercise enough to regain full usage. And if you really want to push it, the tendons and ligaments don't really heal, but the muscles grow and protect them. That's why an athlete probably needs surgery - to tolerate the rapid hard movements. If you're not going to push it and only do relative safe gym workouts, you could get by without the surgery. But if you want to slug it out with Mayweather, I'm afraid you'll have to get a great surgeon. (And then a great psychiatrist, because you'd be crazy.)

Man, I feel your pain. I had to move houses last week and single handedly handled the move for 4 people with a torn labarum. Pain was crazy.

Appreciate the insight and knowledge my man. I've read that it could heal on its own if the tear is minor like mine, so hopefully I'll be cool to lift in a month or so. I know Melo never got surgery for his torn labarum and is cool now.

I'm a hardcore gym-nut and have a lot of lean muscle so I should be protected.

I think the key is doing the right exercises in the gym, and there's no reason you can't continue to be in shape. I wasn't in great shape when I hurt it - that's part of the reason. I was tired and pushed myself.

Good luck, and remember, if you do decide you want to challenge Mayweather, there's enough crazy guys on this board we could probably get everyone a group discount with a great shrink.

:lol: :lol: My boxing days ended a few years ago. In my prime, Money wouldn't stand a chance.

And yeah, I used to do muscle ups on the daily. Those days might be long gone. :(
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#562 » by MrOrange » Tue Sep 5, 2017 4:58 pm

A somewhat belated into. Here because of KP (initially), but quickly learned what a great posting community you are! Have been watching NBA since early 1990-ies. Know everything about NYK legacy and in this respect the pain you have suffered is pretty similar to the pain every b-ball fan has suffered in Latvia. Easy to relate. Lived in the States for 5 years while studying, including NYC (1998-2203) The favorite type of game should probably be the early 2000. SAC with Weber, etc. Just a beautiful game that was...except for Adelman deer in the headligts look when things got wrong :)
What else: know and love Seinfeld and Curb. But there is no such thing as Latvian Orthodox church :lol:
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#563 » by BKlutch » Wed Sep 6, 2017 1:02 am

MrOrange wrote:A somewhat belated into. Here because of KP (initially), but quickly learned what a great posting community you are! Have been watching NBA since early 1990-ies. Know everything about NYK legacy and in this respect the pain you have suffered is pretty similar to the pain every b-ball fan has suffered in Latvia. Easy to relate. Lived in the States for 5 years while studying, including NYC (1998-2203) The favorite type of game should probably be the early 2000. SAC with Weber, etc. Just a beautiful game that was...except for Adelman deer in the headligts look when things got wrong :)
What else: know and love Seinfeld and Curb. But there is no such thing as Latvian Orthodox church :lol:

Welcome to the board, and glad to have another Latvian.

You know we will require you are 7'3" tall and can shoot 3's, right?

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#564 » by MrOrange » Fri Sep 8, 2017 6:17 am

BKlutch wrote:
MrOrange wrote:A somewhat belated into. Here because of KP (initially), but quickly learned what a great posting community you are! Have been watching NBA since early 1990-ies. Know everything about NYK legacy and in this respect the pain you have suffered is pretty similar to the pain every b-ball fan has suffered in Latvia. Easy to relate. Lived in the States for 5 years while studying, including NYC (1998-2203) The favorite type of game should probably be the early 2000. SAC with Weber, etc. Just a beautiful game that was...except for Adelman deer in the headligts look when things got wrong :)

Welcome to the board, and glad to have another Latvian.

You know we will require you are 7'3" tall and can shoot 3's, right?

Thanks. Nah :) Too old for that and a few inches short. A three I can do, though - threes are a kind of Latvian genetic thing. Not always lead to result
KnicksJesus
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#565 » by KnicksJesus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:02 am

HELLO MY KNICK BRETHEREN,

We cannot accomplish all that we need to do without working together.

Amen.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#566 » by br7knicks » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:44 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/taco-bells-restaurants-booze-drive-125040267.html

i don't eat fast food except for taco bell. i can't wait to have dysentery at the taco bell, rather than drive it home with me.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#567 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:19 am

br7knicks wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/taco-bells-restaurants-booze-drive-125040267.html

i don't eat fast food except for taco bell. i can't wait to have dysentery at the taco bell, rather than drive it home with me.

I just found out my wifes mother has 2 different bathrooms. One for strictly #1, and one for strictly #2. The one that is strictly #2, is basically almost outside of the home. Lol.
br7knicks

Post#568 » by br7knicks » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:50 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/taco-bells-restaurants-booze-drive-125040267.html

I just found out my wifes mother has 2 different bathrooms. One for strictly #1, and one for strictly #2. The one that is strictly #2, is basically almost outside of the home. Lol.

I had a girl spend the night a few months back. My stomach did not feel well in the middle of the night. Close call. I have only one bathroom right now because I'm doing construction

The corner of my basement has a drainage hole that leads out to my field. Not wanting to have another problem, I created this in case I have to go yobagoya with female company over

RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#569 » by br7knicks » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:51 am

That's a spare toilet that came with the house. It sits over the drainage hole
RIP, magnumt '19

Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#570 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:53 am

br7knicks wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:

I had a girl spend the night a few months back. My stomach did not feel well in the middle of the night. Close call. I have only one bathroom right now because I'm doing construction

The corner of my basement has a drainage hole that leads out to my field. Not wanting to have another problem, I created this in case I have to go yobagoya with female company over

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#571 » by King of Canada » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:54 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:

I don't know what would be worse, stinking up the main bathroom with a woman in the house, or that woman accidentally seeing your secret toilet. :lol:
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#572 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:02 pm

King of Canada wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:

I don't know what would be worse, stinking up the main bathroom with a woman in the house, or that woman accidentally seeing your secret toilet. :lol:

The correct answer is “yes.”
br7knicks

Post#573 » by br7knicks » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:08 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

So uou guys are telling me I just need a bigger curtain. Got it :thumbsup: :lol:
RIP, magnumt '19

King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#574 » by King of Canada » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:54 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:

So uou guys are telling me I just need a bigger curtain. Got it :thumbsup: :lol:

Nah, you need this

BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#575 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:32 am

Its been 10 years now since Sam Cassel retire. Feels like I just saw his old ugly mug like 4-5 years ago.
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#576 » by N Y K » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:53 am

delete
br7knicks

Post#577 » by br7knicks » Thu Oct 5, 2017 10:21 pm

https://www.playbuzz.com/rixhil10/which-nba-point-guard-are-you?utm_source=pb-clutch&utm_medium=pb-clutch&utm_campaign=pb-clutch#tenth

what kind of PG are you?

whoof, Lowry

small
find someone open for three
assists
playmaker
nothing
31-40
knicks
east
RIP, magnumt '19

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#578 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 10:25 pm

br7knicks wrote:https://www.playbuzz.com/rixhil10/which-nba-point-guard-are-you?utm_source=pb-clutch&utm_medium=pb-clutch&utm_campaign=pb-clutch#tenth

what kind of PG are you?

whoof, Lowry

small
assists
playmaker
nothing
31-40
knicks
east

After a year of bashing the guy, I'm embarrassed to say who I got. :lol:

Big
Attack rim
Assists
Playmaker
Smile (shame they don't have place ball on floor and backpedal as an option because I used to do that when I was pissed in intramurals...:lol:)
31-40
Knicks
East
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#579 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Oct 5, 2017 10:31 pm

got IT 8-)
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
br7knicks

Post#580 » by br7knicks » Thu Oct 5, 2017 11:30 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:https://www.playbuzz.com/rixhil10/which-nba-point-guard-are-you?utm_source=pb-clutch&utm_medium=pb-clutch&utm_campaign=pb-clutch#tenth

what kind of PG are you?

whoof, Lowry

small
assists
playmaker
nothing
31-40
knicks
east

After a year of bashing the guy, I'm embarrassed to say who I got. :lol:

Big
Attack rim
Assists
Playmaker
Smile (shame they don't have place ball on floor and backpedal as an option because I used to do that when I was pissed in intramurals...:lol:)
31-40
Knicks
East

D-rose?

After a nice move, I either did nothing, or go out of my sprint to my opponent and go nose-to-nose. I wanted to put lockdown defender instead of playmaker
RIP, magnumt '19

Return to New York Knicks