RealGM
And1: 23,526

Re: General 76ers Thread and Forum Orientation 

Post#81 » by 76ciology » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:37 pm

Chris76 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

That could be a lot of writing!

People think rookies don't win games, but Simmons and Fultz aren't typical rookies. Both are very skilled and should fit well together.

Embiid, Simmons, and Fultz should be a very competitive group. They have some really good role players that should help, too. 44 wins or more seems very possible.

Simmons is comparable to a guy going to his 3rd season, Embiid like a guy going to his 4th season. Say what you want but if you're that good and talented, having just a season around NBA trainers and etc is enough to quantum leap your development.

If there's a thing that will limit us to 43 wins, its maybe Embiid missing a lot of games where BS also looked average. Well, there's anorexic Jah to the rescue tho.. Haha
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#82 » by Ericb5 » Fri Sep 1, 2017 12:14 am

Chris76 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

People think rookies don't win games, but Simmons and Fultz aren't typical rookies. Both are very skilled and should fit well together.

Embiid, Simmons, and Fultz should be a very competitive group. They have some really good role players that should help, too. 44 wins or more seems very possible.

Fultz is a pretty typical rookie imo. Simmons isn't though.

However, they both should have more impact than they normally would have because they will play with a dominant big man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#83 » by Chris76 » Fri Sep 1, 2017 2:57 am

Ericb5 wrote:
Chris76 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Fultz is a pretty typical rookie imo. Simmons isn't though.

However, they both should have more impact than they normally would have because they will play with a dominant big man.

Embiid's impact should be very helpful, he and Simmons should be a challenge for most teams.

Fultz has the potential to average 20 pts. He could be a great option for late in the shot clock shooting. He should be more impactful than a typical rookie. Also, his defense will be tested, but he seems capable. A 6' 10 wingspan should be useful.

Okafor could be a good backup center. He should see better shots with more talent. Losing weight is a good start. Hopefully, he can expand his range, he has good shooting mechanics for a big man.

Saric, Covington, and others should be good role players. A 16 game increase in wins, seems very possible.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#84 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 1, 2017 5:16 pm

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#85 » by smittybanton » Sun Sep 3, 2017 4:34 pm

http://hoopshype.com/2017/09/03/we-have-projected-the-top-30-small-forwards-for-2017-18/

HoopsHype ranks Robert Covington the 13th best Small Forward in the NBA.

Everyone above Covington has a $20M+ deal. Everyone below him does not.

Joe Ingles, #15, just inked 4yrs/$52M
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#86 » by the_process » Sat Sep 9, 2017 1:26 am

smittybanton wrote:http://hoopshype.com/2017/09/03/we-have-projected-the-top-30-small-forwards-for-2017-18/

HoopsHype ranks Robert Covington the 13th best Small Forward in the NBA.

Everyone above Covington has a $20M+ deal. Everyone below him does not.

Joe Ingles, #15, just inked 4yrs/$52M

4-68 or less for Covington... or else they should see what they can get for a playoff rental from a contender.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#87 » by sixerswillrule » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:56 am

Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#88 » by Ericb5 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:13 am

What is it with the incompetent Sixers media/marketing team that I am googling to try to find the answer of when camp starts and there is nothing on the subject?

The best I can find is an article on the 11th saying that media day is 2 weeks away.

That theoretically means that a week from today will be media day, and presumably the day after will be the start of camp.

Why do I have to research to find this answer? The most exciting Sixers season in over a decade and I literally can't determine when it starts.

BenSimmons4MVP
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#89 » by BenSimmons4MVP » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:41 pm

Iverson2Simmons. Its 1996 all over again! :D
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#90 » by Phila Tough » Fri Oct 6, 2017 3:26 am

76ciology wrote:

Classic!

Mediocre or not, these were some damn good memories as a fan.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#91 » by 76ciology » Fri Oct 6, 2017 6:08 am

Phila Tough wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Classic!

Mediocre or not, these were some damn good memories as a fan.

Yup.really brings back memories
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#92 » by smittybanton » Sat Oct 7, 2017 5:54 pm

If I had to win a game tomorrow, I would start TJ Maxx, JJ Redick, Ben Simmons, Robert Covington and Joel Embiid---with special orders to TJ to shoot open threes without thinking. I need four guys who can make it happen off the driznib, and four guys willing to catch and shoot. Bayless, Fultz, Korkmaz, Dario and Johnson off the bench.
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#93 » by smittybanton » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:59 pm

Despite the lack of spacing, TJ McConnell should start game one because he is the best point guard on the Sixers right now,
meaning, he plays the best defense, best understands game situations, best understands his teammates strengths and weaknesses, and has proven somehow to be able to get his own shot when the clock is winding down.

Simmons is one of the best five players even if he isn't a great floor general right now. He will take over the point sooner than later. But right now, he should have to earn it.

McConnell and Simmons simply have to embarass themselves shooting threes until they go in.

Fortunately, that won't happen too often because a) Embiid and Simmons are so imposing they will dominate the cup and the offensive boards. B) The point of starting TJ is because he wouldn't pass it to Ben at the three point line if there is any better option.
Plus, if Ben gets the ball at the three point line, he's immediately taking to the cup anyway.

Basically, TJ should start because he, Ben and Joel will beat the snot out of teams inside such that they'll have to sink four guys in, leaving either Robert Covington or JJ Redick open at the line.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#94 » by Chris76 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:13 pm

smittybanton wrote:Despite the lack of spacing, TJ McConnell should start game one because he is the best point guard on the Sixers right now,
meaning, he plays the best defense, best understands game situations, best understands his teammates strengths and weaknesses, and has proven somehow to be able to get his own shot when the clock is winding down.

Simmons is one of the best five players even if he isn't a great floor general right now. He will take over the point sooner than later. But right now, he should have to earn it.

McConnell and Simmons simply have to embarass themselves shooting threes until they go in.

Fortunately, that won't happen too often because a) Embiid and Simmons are so imposing they will dominate the cup and the offensive boards. B) The point of starting TJ is because he wouldn't pass it to Ben at the three point line if there is any better option.
Plus, if Ben gets the ball at the three point line, he's immediately taking to the cup anyway.

Basically, TJ should start because he, Ben and Joel will beat the snot out of teams inside such that they'll have to sink four guys in, leaving either Robert Covington or JJ Redick open at the line.

Ben and TJ played well together in the summer league. Add Joel and the offense should look better.
TJ and Redick could struggle against taller guards, but the improved ball movement would be needed.

Fultz could be inserted for defense, until he regains his confidence and starts hitting more shots.

Korkmaz has moved past Bayless, Stauskus, and Justin. He is more active, rebounds,deflections, and ball movement.
His perimeter defense could get better with more experience.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,193

Post#95 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:49 am

2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#96 » by smittybanton » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:14 pm

First time in the last three years I haven't been interested in whether anybody I like falls off of a jammed up roster. If we had a space, I'd still be pining for Briante Weber.
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#97 » by smittybanton » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Imagining how good we'd be if we had Nerlens and Jerami, instead of Oak and Justin Anderson. Sigh.

Go Sixers!
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,105

Post#98 » by Kobblehead » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:34 pm

Or if we had Jokic instead of Jerami Grant.
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#99 » by smittybanton » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Or if we had Jokic instead of Jerami Grant.

True. Although I can't be critical on that one, since I whiffed on Jokic as well. Heard some good things, but never gave him serious attention until he had already surfaced.

OT: You were early on Donovan Mitchell if I recall correctly?
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#100 » by smittybanton » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:15 pm

Matter of fact, I think you were a Jonathan Isaac and Donovan Mitchell man. If we could've sweetened the deal and traded #3 to Sacramento for #5 and #10--Isaac and Mitchell would've been the heist of the century. I'm going to hold that over Sacramento as well.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers