ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks sign Trey Burke

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#401 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:32 pm

mpharris36 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/NYKnicks/videos/10157249601664616/

yooo lance's girl....dime

that back side :nod: (stop it at the 29 second mark)

R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#402 » by 2010 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:45 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Jay10 wrote:checking-in for the inevitable anger. :lol:

Burke to back up Sessions. Kneelikina more injured than they say!

:D

:lol:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#403 » by TruthBeTold » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:48 pm

Why the hell did the Knicks add another point guard to the roster are they worried about something??? :-?
(we need a head scratching smile)

Is Trey Burke here to backup Frank or to compete with him for the starting point guard spot??????????????? :o

Does this mean the Knicks still hasn't figured out who will be their starting point guard for the start of the season??? :(

The Knicks wanted a point guard that can play defense, so there should be ANY DEBATE about who the starter is. 8-)

LOL, I have no idea who the hell Trey Burke is, so I do hope the knicks know what they are doing. :roll: :lol: :cry:
sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#404 » by sushibear » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:51 pm

fire phil
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#405 » by 2010 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:52 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Cappy_Smurf wrote:Hey Knick dudes, Jazz fan here.

Far be it for me to tell you your business, but after the last couple players, I think you may be doing it wrong.

Just a hunch.

What do you mean?

I believe he wants to make some dumb ass crack about Burke and I would supposed Enes Kanter, sort of ignoring the fact that Kanter wasn't the centerpiece of a Melo deal, but more a way to collect a couple of young players and a pick (2nd rounder) in McDermott and Kanter, that occupied the same salary cap space as Melo, and move on from Melo.

Instead, out of boredom, I guess, he'd rather come in here with what passes for wit in Jazz land, about the Knicks building something around Kanter and Burke, or something like that, when one was cap filler and the other is 3rd/4th string PG.

I mean, when his time could be better spent advocating for changing the name of the Jazz to "Caucasian Religious Fundamentalists" - or some other name more evocative of Salt Lake City and Utah.

Bro, you can make ANYTHING long-winded :lol:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
NYKnicks6
Senior
And1: 399

Post#406 » by NYKnicks6 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:05 am

dakomish23 wrote:
NYKnicks6 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
this would be a nice positive to start the year. Maybe they are doing a solid for Sessions if they don't see him in the rotation now that Frank and Baker are back healthy splitting the PG role...they are giving him a chance to sign with a team where he can play?

Let's hope this is the case. However i am hoping we have a trade brewing to get one or multiple vets out of town.

Does anyone know the date when newly signed players are able to be traded?

Not sure what it is now, but it used to be Dec 15th for new FAs & Jan 15th for any FA you signed using bird rights.

Good to know. Thank you
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#407 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:12 am

Trust the process.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,208

Post#408 » by Knicks Byke » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:13 am

thanks, Phil.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#409 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:24 am

G-League insurance/depth.

I dunno man, we (meaning most of y’all) don’t really seem too cut out for a rebuild.

Most of it is about flexibility (the lack of isn’t on Scott), draft picks and development of the young guys.

Signing Trey Burke is as non risky a move as it gets.
There is literally no downside to anything we have done since Scott has been here. Beas, Sessions, Jack, Burke....all one year minimum contract guys.
I don’t understand why every damn move is met with such overthinking and negativity.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#410 » by dakomish23 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:55 am

I hope we give CJ Watson a shot at some point.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#411 » by br7knicks » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:04 am

Why?
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#412 » by PeoplesChamp » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:07 am

blueNorange wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Nate was drafted by the Suns at 21, David Lee was drafted at 30, and Camby/McGrady were great picks. Let's be real here if that was meant as an insult Pooch screwed himself (pun intended) on that one.

Especially TMac. TMac was a steal in one of the thinnest drafts in NBA history. Other than Tim Duncan (who was about as obvious a choice as you can get) going 1st, the only other player besides Duncan and McGrady (who was taken 9th overall) that reached any sort of star level was Chauncey Billups (3rd overall).

The rest? LOL...talk about just an absolutely BRUTAL draft. Adonal "Tin" Foyle 8th overall. Yikes. Here's the rest of the lottery picks:

2 Keith Van Horn PF United States Philadelphia 76ers Utah (Sr.)
4 Antonio Daniels PG United States Vancouver Grizzlies Bowling Green (Sr.)
5 Tony Battie C/F United States Denver Nuggets Texas Tech (Jr.)
6 Ron Mercer SF United States Boston Celtics (from Dallas) Kentucky (So.)
7 Tim Thomas SF United States New Jersey Nets Villanova (Fr.)
8 Adonal Foyle C Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Golden State Warriors Colgate (Jr.)
10 Danny Fortson PF United States Milwaukee Bucks Cincinnati (Jr.)
11 Tariq Abdul-Wahad SF France Sacramento Kings San Jose State (Sr.)
12 Austin Croshere PF United States Indiana Pacers Providence (Sr.)
13 Derek Anderson SG United States Cleveland Cavaliers Kentucky (Sr.)
14 Maurice Taylor PF United States Los Angeles Clippers Michigan (Jr.)

Talk about ugly as frick LOL. When Danny Fortson is the guy with the highest PER in the group, you know you're in trouble.

And it's not like there were any other gems in this draft. The only "steal" would be Captain Jack (Stephen Jackson) in the 2nd round. Brevin Knight (16th overall) and Bobby Jackson (23rd overall) were about the only other guys of any significant merit in this entire draft.

Robinson was also a terrific pick at 21, just as David Lee was a terrific pick at 30. Both these guys (especially Lee) I had mentioned before the draft as possible sleepers. Why? Because they showed that they have a specific thing (or things) they do that is NBA caliber. Doesn't mean they are going to be stars, but means it's highly likely that they'll find minutes in the NBA. Gotta have NBA level talent in something to be able to play in the NBA. More likely for a guy that is bad at things and great at things to find a role than a guy that is good at a lot but not great at anything.

i wonder how keith van horn would do a stretch 4 in todays nba, not dealing with athletic small forwards.

would probably still suck defensively but more of a scorer.

Tim Thomas
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#413 » by malik959 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:10 am

Burk is a 6'1 THJ. They have the same style of play. The only thing I can say about this pick up is "HEY, at least he's better than Sessions and Jack!" But yeah another shoot first non defensive undersized shooting guard playing point.
zinoviev
General Manager
And1: 15

Post#414 » by zinoviev » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:15 am

moocow007 wrote:So the Knicks wait until the preseason is pretty much almost over to sign him...

Maybe Phil Jackson wasn't the one (or the only one) that had things ass backwards?

I mean let's see...let the then guy in charge (Phil Jackson) make arguably the biggest decision of the season (who to take with the lottery pick) and THEN fire him. Let a guy who's not going to be the GM (Steve Mills) decide what to do with the bulk of the Knicks cap space (see Tim Hardaway and Ron Baker) and THEN hire a GM (Scott Perry). Where are we? In some Bizarro world? :lol: :noway:

Burke only just pulled out of an agreement with the Thunder, thus making him available now.
Kramer: I've been drinking Café Latte since the fifth grade and I haven't looked back.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#415 » by Greenie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:22 am

Jose7 wrote:

she's a baddie..cultured too..lance has done great for himself..too bad he's awful at basketball

He’s better than those dudes at the recreational...
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#416 » by malik959 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:44 am

Knicks fans be like:

You want to tank, but when the Knicks get someone sorry your mad because the team is sorry! :rofl: :noway:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Re: RE: Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#417 » by GONYK » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:45 am

malik959 wrote:Knicks fans be like:

You want to tank, but when the Knicks get someone sorry your mad because the team is sorry! :rofl: :noway:
2 weeks ago, people were whining that signing Jack was going to make us win too much
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,396
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#418 » by E-Balla » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:55 am

El Poochio wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
Nate Robinson, Frye, Lee, McGrady, Camby, sure he traded away too many picks but, lets not act like he didn't draft too

Nate was drafted by the Suns at 21, David Lee was drafted at 30, and Camby/McGrady were great picks. Let's be real here if that was meant as an insult Pooch screwed himself (pun intended) on that one.

Check the username who brought the DSJ and the popcorn

Bruh I'm just here cuz I saw a chance to roast Isiah I wasn't expecting someone to respond to it.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,049

Post#419 » by vallen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:55 am

zinoviev wrote:
moocow007 wrote:So the Knicks wait until the preseason is pretty much almost over to sign him...

Maybe Phil Jackson wasn't the one (or the only one) that had things ass backwards?

I mean let's see...let the then guy in charge (Phil Jackson) make arguably the biggest decision of the season (who to take with the lottery pick) and THEN fire him. Let a guy who's not going to be the GM (Steve Mills) decide what to do with the bulk of the Knicks cap space (see Tim Hardaway and Ron Baker) and THEN hire a GM (Scott Perry). Where are we? In some Bizarro world? :lol: :noway:

Burke only just pulled out of an agreement with the Thunder, thus making him available now.

it was sitting on the table through the whole free agency period ? and he wasnt allowed to negotiate with anyone else ?
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,396
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#420 » by E-Balla » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:58 am

Thugger HBC wrote:

It ain't real. Screw the fix-a-flat era Kim K started a whole movement of f***ery.

Return to New York Knicks