ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks sign Trey Burke

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#441 » by GONYK » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:56 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:I said it before and I'll say it again: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR.

KNICKS fans begged for a rebuild and to tank. So when the FO delivers it, they complain. :banghead: :noway: :crazy:

People want a competitive tanking team...I don't think both go together. If we were winning games or competitive people would be complaining that we are winning.

Tanking sucks, but its a necessity...basically we need to be focused on individual performances....like if KP goes for 30 and we lose by 20...who cares...thats a good day.

If Dotson has a good game we should be happy...if Frank continues to show development...but I don't want to be sweating this out at the end of the year where a win could f*ck up our chances.

We need to lose and lose a lot to lock us into a top 5 spot to get us a difference maker.

Enjoy the offense. It is the defense that has its hands on the wheel of this tank.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#442 » by reub » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:01 pm

isiah_thomas wrote:21 pages on trey burke

Who does he think he is? Tony Wroten?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,616

Post#443 » by mpharris36 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:06 pm

GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:I said it before and I'll say it again: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR.

KNICKS fans begged for a rebuild and to tank. So when the FO delivers it, they complain. :banghead: :noway: :crazy:

People want a competitive tanking team...I don't think both go together. If we were winning games or competitive people would be complaining that we are winning.

Tanking sucks, but its a necessity...basically we need to be focused on individual performances....like if KP goes for 30 and we lose by 20...who cares...thats a good day.

If Dotson has a good game we should be happy...if Frank continues to show development...but I don't want to be sweating this out at the end of the year where a win could f*ck up our chances.

We need to lose and lose a lot to lock us into a top 5 spot to get us a difference maker.

Enjoy the offense. It is the defense that has its hands on the wheel of this tank.

agreed, I still would like to see guys like Frank/Dotson/KP/WHG/THjr take strides defensively...I don't want it to look like a **** show out there. I mean I wont mind Kanter getting driven by for an easy layup because he's not a core piece. But I also don't want to see KP and WHG constantly driven by with little effort.

But yes first and foremost I want to see offensive production because bad defense is what drives a tank...thats how you get those long runs against you because you can't get a stop.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#444 » by Greenie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:54 pm

People are lost on what the group complaining actually wants.

Form an identity. Most of us want a hard nosed team. That’s not going to win games by itself. Look at the roster. However, our foundation and culture must be laid. No matter who you bring here they will fail if the organization doesn’t create the proper nurturing environment for youth.

Just look at KP...

-Defense isn’t were it could and should be. Post all the damn stats you want. I watch the games. He was better his rookie year.
-Offense is beyond inconsistent.
-People are already questioning his behavior and work ethic.
-He’s already on coach #3.

How is dude supposed to grow PROPERLY?
This is bull. Last night posters were talking about how KP is supposed to be doing what Embid is doing. That’s never going to happen here. We’re too busy tanking but not forging a solid culture around dude and taking his progression into account for this so called “rebuild”.

Don’t **** on the young guys already here in favor of some dudes that may or may not even end up on our team.

Tanking doesn’t come first in a rebuild. Making sure we’re nurturing our current youth is. “Tanking” is a byproduct of that unless you end up with the next LeBron.

Posters on this board don’t know what a damn rebuild is. That’s why they’re equating us being trash and possibly getting a high draft pick to a rebuild not seeing that this is how you turn into the Kings.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,671

Post#445 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Greenie wrote:People are lost on what the group complaining actually wants.

Form an identity. Most of us want a hard nosed team. That’s not going to win games by itself. Look at the roster. However, our foundation and culture must be laid. No matter who you bring here they will fail if the organization doesn’t create the proper nurturing environment for youth.

Just look at KP...

-Defense isn’t were it could and should be. Post all the damn stats you want. I watch the games. He was better his rookie year.

This is bull. Last night posters were talking about how KP is supposed to be doing what Embid is doing. That’s never going to happen here. We’re too busy tanking but not forging a solid culture around dude and taking his progression into account for this so called “rebuild”.

Don’t **** on the young guys already here in favor of some dudes that may or may not even end up on our team.

Tanking doesn’t come first in a rebuild. Making sure we’re nurturing our current youth is. “Tanking” is a byproduct of that unless you end up with the next LeBron.

Posters on this board don’t know what a damn rebuild is. That’s why they’re equating us being trash and possibly getting a high draft to a rebuild not seeing that this is how you turn into the Kings.

yeah. you need to brett brown through a tank. hornacek is getting his chance to see if he can replicate what he did with the overachieving suns when he got COY consideration.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#446 » by Tron Carter » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:33 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Just look at KP...

Posters on this board don’t know what a damn rebuild is. That’s why they’re equating us being trash and possibly getting a high draft to a rebuild not seeing that this is how you turn into the Kings.

yeah. you need to brett brown through a tank. hornacek is getting his chance to see if he can replicate what he did with the overachieving suns when he got COY consideration.

only thing that's being replicated is this team eventually tuning him out just like that suns team did. horny is not that dude.
R.I.P Black Mamba
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#447 » by mpharris36 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:38 pm

the sixers were forming an identity when they went 10-72? I call BS on that. They sucked and thats exactly what we will be doing.

ROSTER

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,350

Post#448 » by F N 11 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:38 pm

Just read he wants to make the team. Good for him.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#449 » by F N 11 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:39 pm

mpharris36 wrote:the sixers were forming an identity when they went 10-72? I call BS on that. They sucked and thats exactly what we will be doing.

They suck but Brent Brown is a solid coach. He instilled values. They were raving about him during those awful seasons.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#450 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:46 pm

Ray Williams wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/NYKnicks/videos/10157249601664616/

yooo lance's girl....dime

that back side :nod: (stop it at the 29 second mark)

:o :D daammmnnnnnn

So we keeping Lance now, right? :lol:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#451 » by mpharris36 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:46 pm

K P 6 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:the sixers were forming an identity when they went 10-72? I call BS on that. They sucked and thats exactly what we will be doing.

They suck but Brent Brown is a solid coach. He instilled values. They were raving about him during those awful seasons.

what values were they instilling after losing 72 games? They were the laughing stock of the league. Sure Brown gets credit for holding the team together. But lets not overreact here. If the sixers don't make the playoffs you don't think Brown will be fired?

I'm pretty sure he will if they don't show massive improvement in terms of record.

Your record is your record. I get it you don't like Horny, he probably will get the boot next offseason too because its tough to find a coach willing to go through this type of a dreadful year.

Brown gets rave reviews but if he doesn't produce this year he will be fired regardless of all the "values he instilled".

ROSTER

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#452 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:49 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

what values were they instilling after losing 72 games? They were the laughing stock of the league. Sure Brown gets credit for holding the team together. But lets not overreact here. If the sixers don't make the playoffs you don't think Brown will be fired?

I'm pretty sure he will if they don't show massive improvement in terms of record.

Your record is your record. I get it you don't like Horny, he probably will get the boot next offseason too because its tough to find a coach willing to go through this type of a dreadful year.

Brown gets rave reviews but if he doesn't produce this year he will be fired regardless of all the "values he instilled".

Brown had the team playing hard every night on both ends of the court and has been talked about as one of the best basketball minds since his time with the Spurs. Horny is just a great tank commander, which I'm totally cool with for this year. On to Blatt, Messina (doubtful), or someone else who can actually coach for 2018-19. :D
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#453 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:54 pm

I know. How about that? I didn't know that winning 20 games was developing a "foundation, identity, and culture."

:rofl:

But I do like Brown as a coach. Throughout this "process," he's always had his teams playing hard.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 15,965

Post#454 » by Wolfgang630 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:57 pm

Some people want horny now and some want him gone now. Make up your minds. Horny ain't building no culture here. I'd rather have a great coach building the foundation with the young players and lose all year long than them being taught nothing by horny all year long while losing.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#455 » by EchelonNYK » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Trey Burke doesn't deserve 23 pages. C'mon now.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#456 » by GONYK » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Just look at KP...

This is a bit of a stretch. The Sixers weren't doing a damn thing but losing. There was no culture building. They were actively not playing players who were developing, like KJ McDaniel, because he was affecting their loss rate.

They didn't build an identity in the slightest.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#457 » by F N 11 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:01 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:Trey Burke doesn't deserve 23 pages. C'mon now.

Its really just the thread with the most noise. Only thread moving so everybody in here.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#458 » by GONYK » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:01 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

Ask KJ McDaniel about the Sixers culture, since he felt like they were killing his career
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#459 » by mpharris36 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:02 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:They suck but Brent Brown is a solid coach. He instilled values. They were raving about him during those awful seasons.

Brown had the team playing hard every night on both ends of the court and has been talked about as one of the best basketball minds since his time with the Spurs. Horny is just a great tank commander, which I'm totally cool with for this year. On to Blatt, Messina (doubtful), or someone else who can actually coach for 2018-19. :D

thats fine with me as well...Horny is not the long term solution here now that Mills/Perry are running the show (it was too late in the game when perry was hired to find a new coach, especially blatt you was already locked in). Seems like Blatt would be a perfect fit with our roster.

But my point still remains Brett Brown instilled hard working values. But he still will be fired with Horny if his team doesn't make the playoffs in my opinion. There are expectations this year for philly and good coaches get fired all the time for not producing wins.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#460 » by mpharris36 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:06 pm

GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:They suck but Brent Brown is a solid coach. He instilled values. They were raving about him during those awful seasons.

Ask KJ McDaniel about the Sixers culture, since he felt like they were killing his career

I agree, this idea that the sixers were building culture is some BS...you don't go 10-72 and build culture. They were actively not playing a lot of players that would help them win just because they wanted to rack up more losses.

Sure brown gets however he is allowed to play to "play hard" but is that really what coaching has become...getting million dollar players who job is to play a game to "play hard". Its a results business. They had a losing culture for 4 god awful years. They did what they wanted to do...accumulate high draft choices. Can you name me one player outside of maybe Covington/Holmes that have actually proven to be NBA level talent on the sixers...the sixers just wanted to accumulate Embiid/Simmons/Fultz...that was from tanking...not building a culture.

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks