ImageImageImage

NBA Draft and NCAA Basketball

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who would you take at 3 if Ayton/Doncic gone?

Bamba
13%
Bagley
16%
Jackson
13%
Porter
36%
Young
23%

Total votes: 70

ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Re: NBA Draft and NCAA Basketball 

Post#221 » by ATTL » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:04 am

Read on Twitter

Say hello to your 2018 starting center
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#222 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:10 am

Interested to see how his game develops, hope he gets aggressive with post moves and pnr.
Foliohattu
Senior
And1: 571

Post#223 » by Foliohattu » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Assuming we get a top-5 pick and draft BPA, who do guys think we should look at with that Miami pick? I think they're so solid defensively and so deep, no way that pick doesn't convert and I think it will be in that 18-20 range (obviously really early to say). Few 3&D-type of guys in that range that I like are Mikal Bridges and Bruce Brown. Brown looks a like stud defensively, but not sure how he will shoot from NBA 3.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,362

Post#224 » by bwgood77 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:37 pm

Foliohattu wrote:Assuming we get a top-5 pick and draft BPA, who do guys think we should look at with that Miami pick? I think they're so solid defensively and so deep, no way that pick doesn't convert and I think it will be in that 18-20 range (obviously really early to say). Few 3&D-type of guys in that range that I like are Mikal Bridges and Bruce Brown. Brown looks a like stud defensively, but not sure how he will shoot from NBA 3.

Well BPA will probably be relative at number 5, or at least not a consensus pick, but if we take a big we could look at a guy like Trevon Duval and if we take a wing we could look at someone like Brandon McCoy. Ultimately it's way too early to judge any of these guys in the draft except maybe Doncic since they haven't played against even college competition yet.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM

Post#225 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:42 pm

We like the athletic / size with shooting potential so maybe a Knox, Diallo, Brown type.

Having said that we may target a specific position as season goes on.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#226 » by ATTL » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:01 pm

All things being equal, big with our top pick, point with our Miami pick. Try to consolidate the 2nds into a late first or combine Miami and ours to move up if we need to.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#227 » by Bogyo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:23 pm

ATTL wrote:All things being equal, big with our top pick, point with our Miami pick. Try to consolidate the 2nds into a late first or combine Miami and ours to move up if we need to.

I'm all for packaging the Miami pick, the second round picks (and maybe even a player) to get a 2nd top6 pick this year besides ours. We have too many youngsters needing playing time, and not enough talent. A late teen and 2nd rounders only make it worse, not better.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#228 » by kennydorglas » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:10 pm

ATTL wrote:
Read on Twitter

Say hello to your 2018 starting center

He has such an easy athleticism lol
If he really wants to be great, he'll be.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Sunsss
Analyst
And1: 1,074

Post#229 » by Sunsss » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:42 am

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#230 » by No-Man » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:54 am

If the Heat net you something like the 17-18th pick Andrew Jones from Texas, athletic, long, quick twitch, can shoot, good PnR D already, and De'Anthony Melton, shooting issues, but is a bit of a more under control Marcus Smart type of player, would be really solid options to pair with Booker in the backcourt going-forward.

If you get one of the top5-6 guys (Doncic, Porter, Bagley, Bridges, Ayton/Bamba) and one of those Guards, that's a really solid foundation moving-forward.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#231 » by Kerrsed » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:30 am

If we end up with another top 3 pick, i think we package the Miami pick for some kind of upgrade elsewhere.

We are already developing JJ/Chriss/Bender/Reed? Add in another top pick, i just dont see how we can keep keeping all these youngsters.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
No-Man
RealGM

Post#232 » by No-Man » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:50 am

Kerrsed wrote:If we end up with another top 3 pick, i think we package the Miami pick for some kind of upgrade elsewhere.

We are already developing JJ/Chriss/Bender/Reed? Add in another top pick, i just dont see how we can keep keeping all these youngsters.

Eh I mean you got nobody in terms of G talent other than Ulis and Booker, maybe Reed, you clearly can and should aim for another Guard eventually.

The top guys all are gonna compete for minutes with some of your current prospects, Jackson/Warren with Doncic, mainly, Chris/Bender with all the others (Porter, Bagley, Ayton and Bamba), that's just life.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#233 » by Kerrsed » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:14 am

Fischella wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:If we end up with another top 3 pick, i think we package the Miami pick for some kind of upgrade elsewhere.

Eh I mean you got nobody in terms of G talent other than Ulis and Booker, maybe Reed, you clearly can and should aim for another Guard eventually.

The top guys all are gonna compete for minutes with some of your current prospects, Jackson/Warren with Doncic, mainly, Chris/Bender with all the others (Porter, Bagley, Ayton and Bamba), that's just life.

We got 4 picks in the upcoming draft, 2 1sts and 2 2nds. I just dont see that many good guards in this upcoming draft, specially ones around the end of the lotto where Mimais pick is going to land. I think we would be better off trading that pick and maybe grabbing a 2nd guy in the draft with one of our 2nd round picks, that way they arnt guaranteed.

As for the top guys, i think its safe to say that the majority of us have our eyes on one guy and one guy only, Ayton. Coming from Phoenix and attending UofA, we have high hopes that he can be our Lebron, our hometown hero. (Of course i dont think anyone has any expectations of him actually being on Lebrons level). And he will pretty much have no one competing with him for minutes at C. Oh we might give Chriss or Bender spot minutes manning the 5, but they are not Centers, and have proved as much pretty much everytime we have given major minutes there.

Ayton at C with Chandler likely gone, Len's future with us in doubt, and Big Sauce looking like a career back-up, he should get all the minutes he can handle.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
No-Man
RealGM

Post#234 » by No-Man » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:24 am

Sure Ayton or Bamba are less complicated to fit in, as for having 4 picks, you can just draft and stash guys, the intl class is really good and deep this year, that should be an advantage.

I do like some of the guards that might in that 15-20 range, Miami is a playoff team unless something weird happens so I don't think you smoke a late lotto selection, Andrew Jones and De'Anthony Melton like I said, but also Lonnie Walker, Bruce Brown, maybe Jaylen Hands, maybe Trevon Duval (although I dont like him much), maybe Sexton disappoints and slides there too.

Trading makes not much sense too me, at least for present value, maybe for a future 1st if you don't like anybody, that'd be good ofc.
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#235 » by Bogyo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:48 am

Yep, I've been also saying for a while now - we have too much young guys needing playing time, and not enough talent. 4 draft picks will only add to this problem, so why do it? Package the Miami pick, the two 2nd rounders and maybe even a player to trade up, or get a better (or just as good of a pick) down the line. Heck, we could even package our pick and the Miami pick to move up a cpl spots if we really like somebody and they are available.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM

Post#236 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:53 am

We might have something like pick 6, 18, 36, 48, 50.
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#237 » by Bogyo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:04 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:We might have something like pick 6, 18, 36, 48, 50.

I think we only have 4 picks, no? Ours, Miami, Our 2nd round and Toronto 2nd round.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM

Post#238 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:44 pm

We got another 2nd in the Daniels deal.
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#239 » by Bogyo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:36 pm

Oh. Brainfart. Sorry. We definatley need to package these.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#240 » by Kerrsed » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:35 pm

Yup, i was wrong, we have 3 2nd rounders.

I gotta say that Memphis one is a bit confusing AF.

2018 second round draft pick from Memphis, Charlotte or Miami (second most favorable)
Memphis will receive the most favorable of its 2018 2nd round pick, Charlotte's 2018 2nd round pick and Miami's 2018 2nd round pick and Phoenix will receive the second most favorable and Houston will receive the least favorable of these three picks (via Memphis)

So, Memphis has 3 2nd round picks, they are keeping the highest one, Houston is getting the lowest one, and we get the middle one.

Return to Phoenix Suns