ImageImage

Saints Lead Up: Burnett, Brooks, Thomas OUT, Taylor DOUBTFUL, pg 6.

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,934

Re: Saints Lead Up 

Post#61 » by emunney » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:42 pm

I like that Kenny Clark is really good now.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#62 » by skones » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:42 pm

jazzfanWA wrote:I predict three Packer injuries against the Saints.

Given that that's below the average number of injuries per team per NFL game you're not exactly going out on a limb.

So, yeah, thanks Captain.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,060

Post#63 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Clark and Martinez have been bright spots on the defense no doubt.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,060

Post#64 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:55 pm

One thing I heard talked about on the radio is that the injuries seem to have gone up in the league as the size of shoulder pads went down.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,176

Post#65 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:16 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:One thing I heard talked about on the radio is that the injuries seem to have gone up in the league as the size of shoulder pads went down.

I heard Brian Billick on with Bill Michaels today and he was pimping his "revolutionary" new shoulder pads. Claimed 28 teams had them in their locker rooms and the Packers won't even let Billick and his team in the building for a presentation. Specifically mentioned, without guaranteeing success, the recent shoulder injuries to Matthews and Cobb being preventable due to the pads' state-of-the-art technology. Being tight-lipped and overprotected about everything is such an annoying part of the McCarthy era.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Re: RE: Re: Saints Lead Up 

Post#66 » by El Duderino » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:20 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
skones wrote:If you watch tape on Hundley in college vs. now, his movements have been altered dramatically to mimic that of Rodgers. If Hundley wore number 12, and you watched him throw and move, decision making aside, you wouldn't know the difference between the two.

Well MM also broke down and rebuilt Rodgers mechanics so that's not surprising.

The question is whether he can now put them to use

For however some feel about McCarthy as a game coach, what he did in helping develop Rodgers into the QB he became cannot be overstated.

Just look at Rodgers throwing mechanics from when he entered the league out of Cal and what they became by the time Aaron took over in his third season. Had Rodgers instead been drafted by another team where he was asked to play right away and he never had his throwing mechanics drastically changed like McCarthy did for Aaron, he may never have become the HOF quarterback he now is.
El Duderino
RealGM

Post#67 » by El Duderino » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:28 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:One thing I heard talked about on the radio is that the injuries seem to have gone up in the league as the size of shoulder pads went down.

I heard Brian Billick on with Bill Michaels today and he was pimping his "revolutionary" new shoulder pads. Claimed 28 teams had them in their locker rooms and the Packers won't even let Billick and his team in the building for a presentation. Specifically mentioned, without guaranteeing success, the recent shoulder injuries to Matthews and Cobb being preventable due to the pads' state-of-the-art technology. Being tight-lipped and overprotected about everything is such an annoying part of the McCarthy era.

That starts right at the top from Ted. Look how rare it is for Thompson to answer questions whenever things go bad for the team. It's always on McCarthy to take the bullets as Ted sits up in his office.

There is a reason McCarthy's job is never in question or Capers keeps his job no matter the failures on defense. That is how Ted runs things. He wants a guy at head coach who thinks nearly exactly like him.
jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#68 » by jazzfanWA » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:01 pm

skones wrote:

Given that that's below the average number of injuries per team per NFL game you're not exactly going out on a limb.

Given that the Packers have had more than their share of injuries they may be due to have less injuries. And you are welcome, jerk.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#69 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:57 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Clark and Martinez have been bright spots on the defense no doubt.

The more I think about it, the more that it's glaringly obvious that our defense's shortcomings is the result of the scheme and coordinator than the personnel. Think about how many 'good' players we have on defense. Daniels, Clark, Perry, Martinez, and even Matthews in the front seven, is pretty damn good. I think Burnett, HHCD, and King should be/are considered good players too.

Bottom line, if the defense continues to suck this year, Capers better be gone after the season. I don't want to waste another year of Rodgers next year with another year of Capers.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,685

Post#70 » by th87 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:00 pm

skones wrote:

Given his prediction is below the league average, that is going out on a limb.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,977

Post#71 » by FAH1223 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:17 am

El Duderino wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
skones wrote:If you watch tape on Hundley in college vs. now, his movements have been altered dramatically to mimic that of Rodgers. If Hundley wore number 12, and you watched him throw and move, decision making aside, you wouldn't know the difference between the two.

Well MM also broke down and rebuilt Rodgers mechanics so that's not surprising.

The question is whether he can now put them to use

For however some feel about McCarthy as a game coach, what he did in helping develop Rodgers into the QB he became cannot be overstated.

Just look at Rodgers throwing mechanics from when he entered the league out of Cal and what they became by the time Aaron took over in his third season. Had Rodgers instead been drafted by another team where he was asked to play right away and he never had his throwing mechanics drastically changed like McCarthy did for Aaron, he may never have become the HOF quarterback he now is.

Was it MM or was it more Tom Clements?
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#72 » by HKPackFan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:54 am

HKPackFan wrote:
th87 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Randall should be made fun of by his teammates for this. Jeez

Read on Twitter

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app

No longer showing up?

It's a screen pass down the left side line, two Oline guys are rumbling downfield with the runner behind. Randall just dodged a different oline guy. Randall runs towards the left sideline to pursue the runner, sees he's about to encounter two olinemen, and literally does a cartoon like run the opposite direction to avoid the linemen.

It was a mix of this:

Spoiler:

and this:

Prior to his scooby Doo: Image

There was another defender behind the runner chasing and next to Randall was another defender approaching, so he had two teammates in the vicinity. Screen Capture of Randall running left but putting on the breaks prior to his U TURN and running right.

Here it is from another angle

Read on Twitter

How did you make it to the NFL playing defense if..... :noway:

Rollins and Randall looking like busts now. Rollins looked like crap then tore his Achilles which we know is extremely difficult to come back from. Randall has been so up and down and after the disaster in Chicago (besides awful play), the idiot attitude with the taunting situation, and now something I've never seen in watching 30 years of football. He's becoming more difficult to watch every week.

How do you show up to the Defensive team meetings the next day when this **** is either being replayed on the board or on everyone's phone. How do you look your teammates in the eye when you've shown you are a **** coward and you absolutely don't have your teammates back?
#FreeChuckDiesel
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#73 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 am

Watched the entire Saints/Lions game last week, it was just another hilarious example of how Sean Payton is one of the worst game managers I have ever seen in the NFL. 45-10 and they somehow almost blew it with the dumbest calls one could think of every new series. I've seen it a million times with him and the Saints as I always bet on that infuriating mother effer's team back in the day. Ingram and Kamara were just shredding the hell out of the Lions all day, had no business being within 30 points.

Even if the Saints get up by 2 scores, I'd feel pretty good if I was a Packers fan. Rooting for Jones to get a lot of action. :)
Go Bucks!
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,685

Post#74 » by th87 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:58 am

HKPackFan wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
th87 wrote:
No longer showing up?

It's a screen pass down the left side line, two Oline guys are rumbling downfield with the runner behind. Randall just dodged a different oline guy. Randall runs towards the left sideline to pursue the runner, sees he's about to encounter two olinemen, and literally does a cartoon like run the opposite direction to avoid the linemen.

It was a mix of this:

Spoiler:

and this:

There was another defender behind the runner chasing and next to Randall was another defender approaching, so he had two teammates in the vicinity. Screen Capture of Randall running left but putting on the breaks prior to his U TURN and running right.

Read on Twitter

Rollins and Randall looking like busts now. Rollins looked like crap then tore his Achilles which we know is extremely difficult to come back from. Randall has been so up and down and after the disaster in Chicago (besides awful play), the idiot attitude with the taunting situation, and now something I've never seen in watching 30 years of football. He's becoming more difficult to watch every week.

How do you show up to the Defensive team meetings the next day when this **** is either being replayed on the board or on everyone's phone. How do you look your teammates in the eye when you've shown you are a **** coward and you absolutely don't have your teammates back?

Gross. But maybe in some weird way, he was trying to get behind the linemen?
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#75 » by HKPackFan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:15 am

th87 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

It was a mix of this:

Spoiler:

and this:

Read on Twitter

Gross. But maybe in some weird way, he was trying to get behind the linemen?

Or it was, please hit HHCD, don't hit meeeee!!!!!!!!

But seriously to your point, he doesn't do a full 360 to get around the linemen, he turns the other direction then instead of continuing to turn around the linemen he changes his footsteps away from the play like he's running a post inside toward the endzone (around the 7-8 second mark.)
#FreeChuckDiesel
Prickle
Senior
And1: 221

Post#76 » by Prickle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:53 am

JimmyTheKid wrote:Meh.

I've come around on Cowherd over the years, and actually enjoy turning on his show over others, but there is absolutely nothing to this take. We're all at a loss for how its possible to be as injured as the Packers seem to be year after year. But look around the league. The Vikings just beat us without their three best offensive play makers in Teddy, Dalvin, and Stephon. To attempt to explain our injuries with "the man upstairs" or "DNA" is nothing more than throwing sh*t agains the wall in hopes it sticks. Football is a violent sport. Period.

I'm not saying I buy into Cowherds take, especially the "man upstairs" bullsh*t, but so far he's the only person I've seen give a new, outside opinion that isn't the same, tired "fire our S/C staff" garbage.

Here's what we know: the Packers injury situation has become an epidemic over the last few years. At some point, you can no longer say it's just bad luck or coincidence. At some point, it becomes a trend, and you need to start asking why this keeps happening. Does every team have injuries? Yes, of course. But seriously, can anyone even recall the last time an opposing player went down with an injury in a game against the Pack? I can't. Yet, every single game we have about 7 guys go down. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

So, to Cowherd's point.....perhaps there is something to the types of players the Packers keep drafting. Yes, ANY player can get hurt on any given play - even the biggest and best athletes. But it is true that some players are just more prone to injury than others. We've all seen it, all the way from little league, to high school, and beyond - some guys are just injury prone, and some guys aren't. There's seemingly no rhyme or reason, but some guys just always get hurt and some guys never do. Is it at all possible that, even with all the data and metrics used to evaluate players, the Packers are missing something, or undervaluing certain criteria when it comes to the players they choose?

I honestly don't know, and it's completely possible that this take has no legs. But it's just as possible that there is some, if even just a little, truth to this as well. We may never know. I guess we can always just fire the strength and conditioning coach and see if that changes anything.
El Duderino
RealGM

Post#77 » by El Duderino » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:50 am

HKPackFan wrote:

Read on Twitter

Wow. Can't say i've ever seen that before either.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#78 » by WRau1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:26 am

Looks like he thought the play was going to bounce outside? Or maybe hoping for a block in the back?
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
dools644
Sophomore
And1: 134

Post#79 » by dools644 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:44 pm

They need to cut their losses with both of those scrubs. Neither one can play. Rollins took care of it for them. Time to say goodbye to that one too. Two of the worst picks TT has ever made.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#80 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:29 pm

Prickle wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:Meh.

I've come around on Cowherd over the years, and actually enjoy turning on his show over others, but there is absolutely nothing to this take. We're all at a loss for how its possible to be as injured as the Packers seem to be year after year. But look around the league. The Vikings just beat us without their three best offensive play makers in Teddy, Dalvin, and Stephon. To attempt to explain our injuries with "the man upstairs" or "DNA" is nothing more than throwing sh*t agains the wall in hopes it sticks. Football is a violent sport. Period.

I'm not saying I buy into Cowherds take, especially the "man upstairs" bullsh*t, but so far he's the only person I've seen give a new, outside opinion that isn't the same, tired "fire our S/C staff" garbage.

Here's what we know: the Packers injury situation has become an epidemic over the last few years. At some point, you can no longer say it's just bad luck or coincidence. At some point, it becomes a trend, and you need to start asking why this keeps happening. Does every team have injuries? Yes, of course. But seriously, can anyone even recall the last time an opposing player went down with an injury in a game against the Pack? I can't. Yet, every single game we have about 7 guys go down. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

So, to Cowherd's point.....perhaps there is something to the types of players the Packers keep drafting. Yes, ANY player can get hurt on any given play - even the biggest and best athletes. But it is true that some players are just more prone to injury than others. We've all seen it, all the way from little league, to high school, and beyond - some guys are just injury prone, and some guys aren't. There's seemingly no rhyme or reason, but some guys just always get hurt and some guys never do. Is it at all possible that, even with all the data and metrics used to evaluate players, the Packers are missing something, or undervaluing certain criteria when it comes to the players they choose?

I honestly don't know, and it's completely possible that this take has no legs. But it's just as possible that there is some, if even just a little, truth to this as well. We may never know. I guess we can always just fire the strength and conditioning coach and see if that changes anything.

I think the pack have factored injury concerns into their draft decisions. Heck the people that wanted foster or watt in this past draft probably think they factored in too much because I think that was a big reason the packers passed on both guys.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Green Bay Packers