ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Re: Markelle Fultz Discussion II 

Post#1341 » by ivysixer2000 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:47 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:
I think it’s obvious why they wouldn’t want to admit it. He plays for a rival in the Celtics is the main reason. Then Fultz is “hurt” and not playing now which compounds that. Then BC trading a great asset to move up which could potentially be a player just as good or maybe worse than Tatum adds to that. That’s why Bodner put on twitter the other day of fans would still do that trade today and many people got mad. When you combine all that it’s easy to see why some don’t want to admit Tatum is playing very well.

Who is not admitting that he is playing well for a 19 year old rookie? Find me someone that says he isn't one of the best rookies in this class? The difference is that for the last 6 months you have wanted to talk about nothing but that trade. I told you a month ago that if you obsessed with regular updates that people would get annoyed. I am not going to check in with you about my Jayson Tatum take ever 5 minutes. The guy is averaging 14 points a night and you are talking about him more than anyone that is actually on the team that you purportedly root for. Go join the Celtics forum I am sure they would be happy to talk about him.

I was replying to someone who said Tatum wasn’t that great and pointed to his stats saying he only scores like 14 points. He made it seem as if Tatum is too hyped. So he’s one person.

Glad I had to work today so I didn't have read all of that all day. Back now after my post this morning saying he wasn't that great.

So I guess you say I'm that one person, but there are several others that agree that you have been just plain hyping him like he is the next Jordan.

He isn't great, and I stand by that. He's a good player, but not worth posting about on a Sixers board day in and day out. You can go to the Celtics board for that.

I would also still rather take a chance on Fultz being an elite guard over Tatum, cause there are some elite forwards available in free agency but no elite guards at all. As I meant this morning, I'm just wondering which bandwagon you will jump on next, I guess whichever one has a good couple of games is all I can figure.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#1342 » by Ericb5 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:17 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:
What are you hmmming about? Why did you quote me? What did I say that was incorrect?

You just contradicted yourself.

You said that you aren’t anti Fultz, but then you said that he was worse than Tatum, Fox, Ball, and Smith, as well as others.

That is by definition an anti fultz position.

It’s one thing to be against trading up for him, but you actually wouldn’t have taken him in the top 5 at least.

For a player that most people thought was the best prospect(not me actually, but most people did) not even taking him in the top 5 means that you have a very poor opinion of him. I would just own it, and say that you are anti Fultz because you are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ranked Fultz 3rd. Right now Fox Tatum Markennen Kuzma and DSJ have played better than him. And I think Ball is the better prospect. There’s no contradiction.

You are not burdened with needing to be consistent apparently. If Fultz is worse than all of those players then you can’t say that you would have taken him 3rd. Why would you draft someone over better players purposely?

Who is currently playing the best has nothing to do with who the best draft pick is, especially when Fultz isn’t even playing due to injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#1343 » by cksdayoff » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:21 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:
I ranked Fultz 3rd. Right now Fox Tatum Markennen Kuzma and DSJ have played better than him. And I think Ball is the better prospect. There’s no contradiction.

so you ranked fultz 3rd, yet when he comes back healthy he's gonna be worse than fox, tatum, smith, ball and "others"

Unbreakable99 wrote:
cksdayoff wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:
What are you hmmming about? Why did you quote me? What did I say that was incorrect?

you want fultz to be 100% healthy AND bust just so you can call BC an idiot. no, you're not anti-fultz at all

I don’t need that. I already know BC lost the trade.

you didn't need it, yet you mentioned it, wanting desperately for fultz to come back healthy and sucking. keep your story straight for once
#failforfultz
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#1344 » by LloydFree » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:25 am

Sasashi wrote:
Mik317 wrote:Tatum has been really good for a 19 year old. Anyone who denies that is a hater.

THAT being said, it is hilarious to see the flip floppers using him as a tool to once again bash Fultz. I remmeber the exact line being "at least Ainge wasted the pick on Tatum". The anti Fultz brigade was super high on Ball, Jackson and even Smith before Tatum...Tatum was barely mentioned outside of Negrodamus. This whole "oh there was 6 guys all along" **** is revisionist history at best...and even if that was the case Tatum was not high on that list of 6. Some of yall have a hard time coming to grips that maybe just maybe you aren't the amazing flawless draft gurus you act like and maybe your take on Fultz was wrong too.
its sad at this point, when you got fools going " well Ball shooting under 30% isn't that bad doe".

Do better

Yup exactly right....

Unbreakable loved and still loves Ball, and it was clear he was his number one choice and made clear that he will be a superstar talent in the NBA up to this day.

Lloydfree clearly stated multiple times the 2 best players in the 2017 draft were Ball and Jackson and those 2 were the potential elite players from the draft and stated that the rest could become decent to good players, but the potential superstar elite players were only Ball and Jackson.

Both are anti fultz.....but the funny thing is even if their draft choices are not looking so hot right now, they are still ADAMANT that Fultz trade up was a mistake. No 2nd thoughts...

Absolutely. But I have to correct you. I have had 2nd thoughts about my pre-draft assessments. I wouldn't have had Fultz in my top 5, after seeing what he looks like against NBA level competition. Maybe in 5 years, after a lot of development of his handle and shooting, he'll become another CJ McCollum and his "fit" with Simmons will be perfect in 2022.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#1345 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:26 am

Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#1346 » by Unbreakable99 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:31 am

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can you teach me how to shoot?
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#1347 » by Kobblehead » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:39 am

"Steph, wtf is a vegan hot dog? Are there any legit fast food vendors in this arena?"
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#1348 » by tsmith » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:27 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Honestly, you cannot keep playing this Fultz can't shoot narrative when he is injured. Besides your top prospect is arguably the worst shooter in the NBA, maybe he was the one who forgot how to shoot?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1349 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:29 am

t_smith979 wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Honestly, you cannot keep playing this Fultz can't shoot narrative when he is injured. Besides your top prospect is arguably the worst shooter in the NBA, maybe he was the one who forgot how to shoot?

Relax.. He's just kidding
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#1350 » by James40 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:39 am

Mik317 wrote:Tatum has been really good for a 19 year old. Anyone who denies that is a hater.

THAT being said, it is hilarious to see the flip floppers using him as a tool to once again bash Fultz. I remmeber the exact line being "at least Ainge wasted the pick on Tatum". The anti Fultz brigade was super high on Ball, Jackson and even Smith before Tatum...Tatum was barely mentioned outside of Negrodamus. This whole "oh there was 6 guys all along" **** is revisionist history at best...and even if that was the case Tatum was not high on that list of 6. Some of yall have a hard time coming to grips that maybe just maybe you aren't the amazing flawless draft gurus you act like and maybe your take on Fultz was wrong too.
its sad at this point, when you got fools going " well Ball shooting under 30% isn't that bad doe".

Do better

I give the old man credit, dude hyped his kid to the number 2 pick in the draft, and he’s not even as good as MCW. He makes Eric Snow look like Steph from 12ft out.

I’m thinking he gets the youngest kid to steal in North Korea, just to keep the Big Baller name out there.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1351 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:14 am

Passing.. Rebounding.. Next jason kidd.. Next rubio. Bla bla.. If you cant be a perimeter scorer in this league as a guard, you can't be special.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1352 » by BullyKing » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:27 am

LloydFree wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
LloydFree wrote:I don't get your attack on him for pointing out something that is obvious and true. You don't attack the guys who are spitting out stupidly, pretending Tatum hasn't looked better than Fultz and isn't playing well. He has the right in the Fultz thread, to talk about the player we basically gave Boston for Fultz. Fultz looks like dookey, but rather than talk about that, you'd rather insult the guys that said it was a mistake to draft him.

Yes, he said it was a mistake to draft him. He's said that again and again and again and again and again. But he keeps acting like his evaluation (i.e. opinion) of Fultz is a fact, which he has said repeatedly, while ignoring that his equally strong opinion about Ball looks to be egregiously wrong.

His/my opinion on what should have been done at the draft, still isn't equally wrong. Because they wouldn't have given a conference rival an extra pick for the opportunity to take a lesser player. While Ball is struggling with his shot, he's still a starting PG in the top 10 in assists in the NBA. So regardless of whether you feel Ball has somehow shown to be a bigger failure than Fultz in the early going, the point remains they gave the Celtics an extra opportunity to get a player like Ayton. Ayton is a significantly better prospect than both Fultz and Tatum. Tatum and Ball both could both be abject failures and the trade would still be a net loss for the 76ers... Regardless of whether you want to hear about it over and over again.

If Ayton is a significantly better prospect than both Fultz and Tatum then he's going No. 1 overall, which means they gave the Celtics a 0% chance at him
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#1353 » by mithrandir17 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:40 am

Tony Franciosa wrote:
mithrandir17 wrote:who's with me in saying this thread will reach 100 pages before fultz plays his next game?

I was just thinking about this... there's no timeline for him to return right? I mean, I know what organization I'm speaking about, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. They haven't shared a plan at all right?

He is out indefinitely and will be re-evaluated in 3 weeks. The 3rd week will be on Nov 19/20.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#1354 » by LloydFree » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:35 pm

BullyKing wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Yes, he said it was a mistake to draft him. He's said that again and again and again and again and again. But he keeps acting like his evaluation (i.e. opinion) of Fultz is a fact, which he has said repeatedly, while ignoring that his equally strong opinion about Ball looks to be egregiously wrong.

His/my opinion on what should have been done at the draft, still isn't equally wrong. Because they wouldn't have given a conference rival an extra pick for the opportunity to take a lesser player. While Ball is struggling with his shot, he's still a starting PG in the top 10 in assists in the NBA. So regardless of whether you feel Ball has somehow shown to be a bigger failure than Fultz in the early going, the point remains they gave the Celtics an extra opportunity to get a player like Ayton. Ayton is a significantly better prospect than both Fultz and Tatum. Tatum and Ball both could both be abject failures and the trade would still be a net loss for the 76ers... Regardless of whether you want to hear about it over and over again.

If Ayton is a significantly better prospect than both Fultz and Tatum then he's going No. 1 overall, which means they gave the Celtics a 0% chance at him

No offense, but for somebody who is so tired of reading posts about this trade, it sure seems funny that you keep initiating discussion on the topic. You know my position: Fultz wasn't worth even the 3rd pick alone. The trade-up was worse than the Okafor pick. So you can spend your time trying to concoct reasons in your head, why Fultz is better than the other lottery picks this year and the next. Quite frankly I'm bored with the subject.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1355 » by BullyKing » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:52 pm

LloydFree wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

No offense, but for somebody who is so tired of reading posts about this trade, it sure seems funny that you keep initiating discussion on the topic. You know my position: Fultz wasn't worth even the 3rd pick alone. The trade-up was worse than the Okafor pick. And you can spend your time trying to concoct reasons why Fultz is better than the other lottery picks this year and the next. Quite frankly I'm bored with the subject.

Well then I've got a simple solution. If you and Unbreakable agree to not bring up the trade again until lottery night, I will absolutely not bring it up either. Everyone in?
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#1356 » by LloydFree » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:53 pm

BullyKing wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

No offense, but for somebody who is so tired of reading posts about this trade, it sure seems funny that you keep initiating discussion on the topic. You know my position: Fultz wasn't worth even the 3rd pick alone. The trade-up was worse than the Okafor pick. And you can spend your time trying to concoct reasons why Fultz is better than the other lottery picks this year and the next. Quite frankly I'm bored with the subject.

Well then I've got a simple solution. If you and Unbreakable agree to not bring up the trade again until lottery night, I will absolutely not bring it up either. Everyone in?

I'm not going to censor myself. You are a Mod. If it is so distasteful for you to read a "contrarian" opinion, then you censor it. If the Fultz trade or pick, is being talked about too much (or too negatively) in the Fultz thread, then you censor it.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#1357 » by sixers hoops » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:37 pm

I think there is a difference between discussion and trolling. Let’s just keep the discussion about Fultz’ game, which considering he supposedly hasn’t played a healthy game yet, leaves the issue somewhat dead for the the moment.

To everybody: before posting, since Fultz debate is slightly heated, make sure your intent is to further discussion, and not just to get under people’s skin. We want to keep the discussion productive.

I think differing opinions are welcome if they further conversation rather than impede it.
deep6er
Pro Prospect
And1: 266

Post#1358 » by deep6er » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:15 pm

I'm sort of baffled by the direction this discussion has gone. Who won the trade? It's not even worth asking the question for about two years. Meanwhile you've all just forgotten about the single biggest **** of a mystery that has taken place in the NBA since Stern vetoed the Chris Paul trade.

I mean, I can't even wrap my head around what's going on. A top pick suddenly forgets how to shoot, An agent says his player had fluid removed from his shoulder and then recants a few hours later but maintains that he is injured, A front office that pretty much calls the agent a liar and maintains that there is no injury (or at least there wasn't one before some idiot tried to alter the #1 draft pick's shot). In the meantime, a bluechip prospect from one of the best draft classes in memory is unable to play basketball and no one knows exactly why or how long it will be until he plays again. If his brain has truly collapsed to the point where his shot is now broken can he get it back? Will it take a whole season? The Philly fans I know would have at least 2 months worth of conspiracy theories to fill this thread with.

Who is lying here? I personally think it is Fultz's team because the Sixers FO has never been blazay aboutabout playing prospects with injuries but then again, our front office has history of lying to us soooo much (Bynum is a week away from playing). I also think Fultz is out for another 2 months while he relearns how to shoot a basketball or at least forgets how to not shoot one.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#1359 » by Unbreakable99 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:34 pm

I’ll say this about Fultz. He’s the most positive social media poster ever. All he posts on IG are inspirational pics and quotes. Well that and whenever he’s in a different city he posts who’s in whatever city he’s in. I don’t know if he’s doing it for himself or Justin likes those posts but his posts are positive. When Jean on the bench at the games he always seems in good spirits.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,746

Post#1360 » by Negrodamus » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:46 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:I’ll say this about Fultz. He’s the most positive social media poster ever. All he posts on IG are inspirational pics and quotes. Well that and whenever he’s in a different city he posts who’s in whatever city he’s in. I don’t know if he’s doing it for himself or Justin likes those posts but his posts are positive. When Jean on the bench at the games he always seems in good spirits.

Justin and Jean sound like important people in his life.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers