Around the NBA, 2017-18 Season thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Re: Around the NBA, 2017-18 Season thread 

Post#221 » by steady » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:57 pm

bws94 wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:OKC should never had traded for Melo...

I agree. He seems like a chemistry killer.

ITA. It sounded like a player driven deal but Presti should have known better.
steady
Veteran

Post#222 » by steady » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:08 pm

strange start of season. So many unexpected records up and down the standings. (It's like looking a preseason standings). Might take until mid December for things to shake out.

And in other news, the Celtics have won their last ten games. Danny Ainge has pretty clearly assembled the team he wanted to challenge the Warriors down the line

Kyrie. - best off season trade demand
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: Around the NBA, 2017-18 Season thread 

Post#223 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:22 pm

steady wrote:
bws94 wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:OKC should never had traded for Melo...

Getting Melo was needed to placate Westbrook. They needed to show that they are willing to spend and get talented veterans to reassure him that he wouldn't be doing all of the heavy lifting on a team for naught.

The actual success of the deal in terms of wins and losses was less important than the perception that it casted on management's desire to build a winner.

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM mobile app
steady
Veteran

Post#224 » by steady » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:55 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
steady wrote:
bws94 wrote:

Getting Melo was needed to placate Westbrook. They needed to show that they are willing to spend and get talented veterans to reassure him that he wouldn't be doing all of the heavy lifting on a team for naught.

The actual success of the deal in terms of wins and losses was less important than the perception that it casted on management's desire to build a winner.

You're probably right . And Melos 27 mill/year will only be on books one more year after this one.

Risk is that PG13 gets fed up - but risk of his leaving would always have been there I guess

I just wonder how long it will take for people to realize trying to make a super team is more often a failure than a success
brook
Senior
And1: 115

Post#225 » by brook » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:57 pm

Knicks finally waive Kuzminskas. I Like Kuzmi when He played in Europe and with National team.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#226 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:17 pm

The NYK have a winning record....

development!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,061

Post#227 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:09 am

^^^they also haven't had the injury issues that we've had. lets see them lose Porzingas for any significant time and we'll see what happens.

Speaking of our cross town foes, man Cavs vs. Knicks is lit right now, Lebron just got into it with Frank Ntilikina and Enes Kanter. MSG is a madhouse right now.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#228 » by Paradise » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:12 am

MrDollarBills wrote:^^^they also haven't had the injury issues that we've had. lets see them lose Porzingas for any significant time and we'll see what happens.

Speaking of our cross town foes, man Cavs vs. Knicks is lit right now, Lebron just got into it with Frank Ntilikina and Enes Kanter. MSG is a madhouse right now.

LeBron deserved that.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#229 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:30 am

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:^^^they also haven't had the injury issues that we've had. lets see them lose Porzingas for any significant time and we'll see what happens.

LeBron deserved that.

Yep. Ntilikina is balling hard in this game too. Lebron shouldn't have said that dumb ****.

Knicks are bringing it to the Cavs right now. Playing tough D and they move the ball on offense. Very fun team to watch now especially since hardaway Jr. has started to earn his paycheck

Paradise

Post#230 » by Paradise » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:43 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:

LeBron deserved that.

Yep. Ntilikina is balling hard in this game too. Lebron shouldn't have said that dumb ****.

Knicks are bringing it to the Cavs right now. Playing tough D and they move the ball on offense. Very fun team to watch now especially since hardaway Jr. has started to earn his paycheck

Lol at the Cavs.

Sixers/Celtics/Bucks/Knicks/Nets/Pistons will be running the East after LeBron loses by 55 in the Finals and retires.

Come on man, this looks bad. This isn’t coasting. Kyrie was literally the only one with young legs out there and now they look like the 2013 Nets.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#231 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:44 am

Yep. Outside of Lebron the rest of them look like straight up dogs. They might as well have resigned D-Will's bitch ass for the effort they're giving here.

Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#232 » by Ror1997 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:56 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
steady wrote:
bws94 wrote:

Been there, done that.
Paradise

Post#233 » by Paradise » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:34 am

Read on Twitter

:lol:
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#234 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:10 am

I don't understand how Coach Lue gets no shade thrown at him by either LBJ or the media? The Cavs aren't playing and I don't see Lue doing anything to change that.

But everyone quick to attack Blatt despite the actual winning. I sense a bit of hypocrisy
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#235 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:12 am

we missed lin and that's it.... Booker and Acy? wasn't til later but even then we were dropping games we shouldn't have IMO.
The ModFather

Paradise

Post#236 » by Paradise » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:31 am

CalamityX12 wrote:

we missed lin and that's it.... Booker and Acy? wasn't til later but even then we were dropping games we shouldn't have IMO.

Jarrett Allen? Lin, Allen, RHJ, Dinwiddie, Booker, Acy have all missed time so far. That’s virtually our most productive group of guys on D. Booker and Acy prevent Zeller and Mozgov from getting major minutes and being a total negative on the floor.

In contrast, if LeVert missed a game...not sure we lose much compared to the loss of DLo/Din Or RHJ/Book/Acy.

No Jarrett Allen, No RHJ, Booker against Denver. No chance. We also don’t beat Portland if RHJ missed that game. If Dinwiddie plays against Utah, we win that game.

So we’ve been in poor situations either due to lack of PG depth or lack of big man depth. It’s never about the wings. Our strengths and weaknesses tend to be exploited between PG and C positions.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#237 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:32 pm

Paradise wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:

Jarrett Allen? Lin, Allen, RHJ, Dinwiddie, Booker, Acy have all missed time so far. That’s virtually our most productive group of guys on D. Booker and Acy prevent Zeller and Mozgov from getting major minutes and being a total negative on the floor.

In contrast, if LeVert missed a game...not sure we lose much compared to the loss of DLo/Din Or RHJ/Book/Acy.

No Jarrett Allen, No RHJ, Booker against Denver. No chance. We also don’t beat Portland if RHJ missed that game. If Dinwiddie plays against Utah, we win that game.

So we’ve been in poor situations either due to lack of PG depth or lack of big man depth. It’s never about the wings. Our strengths and weaknesses tend to be exploited between PG and C positions.

Jarrett Allen is our promise for the future but he hasn't had an impact yet to switch the results yet. At least nothing to say "oh if we had him, we would've won this game etc..." he played minimal either due to injury or Kenny sitting his ass for Kenny reasons.

Did we have a good enough squad(health wise) for the NYK, Nugs, PHX, LAL stretch?
The ModFather

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#238 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:11 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:

Injuries at our two thinnest positions have a definite impact on our record.

playteamball
Senior
And1: 73

Post#239 » by playteamball » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:28 pm

I thought a few of these injuries (obviously not all) might have been used to rest players/try out different lineups.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#240 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:41 am

playteamball wrote:I thought a few of these injuries (obviously not all) might have been used to rest players/try out different lineups.

hmm....i don't think so. Jarrett Allen's injury especially

Return to Brooklyn Nets