The Official Conor McGregor Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Re: The Official Conor McGregor Thread 

Post#261 » by Susan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:58 pm

Feed him to GSP or Khabib. It was fun while it lasted but the MMA gods need to take care of him.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,882
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#262 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:17 pm

Fan of Conor, and this was pretty ridiculous, even for him. It seemed like he wanted to be the center of attention the moment he jumped into the cage.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#263 » by REDDzone » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:59 pm

It'll be interesting to see how his PR team (Ariel and the mmafighting guys) handle this tomorrow during the show. They tried to sweep his homosexual slur under the rug until fans started asking about it.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#264 » by AirCanadaMouse » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:53 am

REDDzone wrote:It'll be interesting to see how his PR team (Ariel and the mmafighting guys) handle this tomorrow during the show. They tried to sweep his homosexual slur under the rug until fans started asking about it.

Lmao! Well said, ariel is unbearable with anything Mcgregor related. When he conducts interviews and people have an opinion on Conor that he doesn’t agree with he does his best to sway them. I’ve done a big 180 on ariel this past year. He can be a complete tool.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Thank you Clutch0z24
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,826

Post#265 » by Jasen777 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:58 am

AirCanadaMouse wrote:Lmao! Well said, ariel is unbearable with anything Mcgregor related. When he conducts interviews and people have an opinion on Conor that he doesn’t agree with he does his best to sway them. I’ve done a big 180 on ariel this past year. He can be a complete tool.

Ariel is still a (fake) wrestling fan at heart.
REDDzone
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: The Official Conor McGregor Thread 

Post#266 » by REDDzone » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:03 am

Jasen777 wrote:
AirCanadaMouse wrote:Lmao! Well said, ariel is unbearable with anything Mcgregor related. When he conducts interviews and people have an opinion on Conor that he doesn’t agree with he does his best to sway them. I’ve done a big 180 on ariel this past year. He can be a complete tool.

Ariel is still a (fake) wrestling fan at heart.

One of the narratives coming out of last weekend is that all the **** talkers lost and the humble fighters won and now we have all quiet champions outside of Conor. Everytime his colleagues bring it up you can tell Ariel is a little salty about it.

That said, he still has all the scoops and the best/most content in the game.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#267 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:41 am

AirCanadaMouse wrote:Nothing different for me. Never liked Conor and his gimmicky antics, and Marc Goddard is the best ref in MMA. Hard to disagree with him and the commission.

:eek1:
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#268 » by REDDzone » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:48 pm

This is worse the more I learn about it (I was out of town this weekend so maybe you guys already know all this), but the fight hadn't even technically been waved off yet when Conor entered? And also they weren't able to give the concussed fighter medical attention due to the fracas Conor started? Just ridiculous.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#269 » by REDDzone » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:11 pm

Okay, now he's apologizing to "Marc Gonard" and saying the reason he entered a cage was because he lost it and overreacted because the other fighter was about to die.

Truly a shameful episode from Conor that he keeps making worse.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#270 » by Cammo101 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:32 pm

REDDzone wrote:Okay, now he's apologizing to "Marc Gonard" and saying the reason he entered a cage was because he lost it and overreacted because the other fighter was about to die.

Truly a shameful episode from Conor that he keeps making worse.

Yeah, this just makes it worse. This is him taking a shot at Goddard and trying to pass the blame with a pretty blatant lie. Conor is a great fighter, but his antics are wearing thin.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,469

Post#271 » by NZB2323 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm

My favorite part of his apology:

As a multiple weight champion, executive producer, role model and public figure, I must hold myself to a higher standard.

:lol:
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#272 » by Headliner » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:55 pm

“The punch and action that followed naturally resulted in a surge of crowd noise, one that was so significant I had already made my determination that I could not audibly hear the bell sound for the end of the round, I had made my decision to step in with the belief that bell had indeed been sounded, when in actual fact it had not. This is a critical fact to the ensuing proceedings. At this point on my step in, and you will clearly see from the video replay that I only step across and do not wave the fight off. Charlie Ward, understandably so had reeled off in celebration thinking that I had indeed ended the contest and not as I had actually done, called time on what I believed to be the end of the round. Two distinctly different endings.”

On a side note, Conor has to be suspended. He threatened a red, slapped (!) a commish...its insanity. If they don't do anything they've set a precedent.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,826

Post#273 » by Jasen777 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:50 am

Headliner wrote:On a side note, Conor has to be suspended. He threatened a red, slapped (!) a commish...its insanity. If they don't do anything they've set a precedent.

Conor had no official role at that event. Any other fan that did what he did probably would have been arrested. But apparently the commission can't suspend him because he's not licensed in their jurisdiction.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#274 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:28 pm

I can't see any disciplinary action being handed to Conor by any other AC's either. If they say, he's not going to be licensed for 6 months by any American AB's or if the UFC won't give him a fight for 6 months, he'll just sit at home continuing to cash cheques. The guy is above the sport.

At this point, it'll probably take a proven sexual assault or domestic case to stop the man.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#275 » by REDDzone » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:16 am

Conor's agent came out and confirmed the obvious - he was never going to be on the end of year card. So no consequence of this at all as of yet.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#276 » by Headliner » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:53 am

Conor not fighting until April now?
I’m guessing it’s eithwr Nate or GSP
Probably the only two fights he will get up for
qm22
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#277 » by qm22 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:55 pm

Conor was such a monkey in that event, an absolute train wreck of embarassment. I don't think he looked drunk like people were guessing, his motor control was obviously good. It was hilarious watching him lose control with his comical exaggerated leg movements as he made his way after Goddard to trample the KO'd fighter, like LOL. His apology was also a gem, because he said he did things on that fighters behalf, when he was delaying that guy getting medical evaluation and running him over. That must be why he slapped that other guy too. Yikes, I can get some second-hand embarrassment just by recalling it. The thing I like about the apology is when I hear analysts or news talking about it, there are some who out themselves as hacks by uncritical acceptance of Conor being sincerely worried about the KO'd dude. I can't really respect anyone just making excuses for Conor and being afraid to be honest with him.

Dana was interviewed and said they were negotiating "a new deal" with Conor (someone which makes defending or vacating irrelevant, according to Dana) and he hinted that Conor may not fight again. Man, I hope the Conor McGregor culture leaves the UFC before we get another wannabe like Covington. Although I liked the Diaz fights for entertainment (primarily because Diaz shut him up and he showed himself redeemable by being humble after defeat), but beyond that it's as juvenile as possible.

The UFC has a lot of reasons to take a hard stance with Conor ATM-
1) Conor demanded ownership. Despite this being an enormous issue by itself, I can't imagine this being acceptable after the Bellator incident. A UFC part owner jumps the cage at Bellator and slaps a ref?
2) If Conor doesn't agree to fight in the UFC he will lose the opportunity to get credible money making fights for years. He'd lose something if he were stripped to. He may not care due to how much he earned already, but if that's the case the UFC isn't going to benefit that much from him anyway.
3) Other stars will always come. If they spent time moving the lightweight division we would have had more people get the chance to emerge there. As long as people like MMA in general the UFC wouldn't need to desperately depend on 1-2 stars if they kept giving new guys chance to showcase.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#278 » by Susan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:43 am

Anybody see the Conor rumors? He's apparently in massive **** with some big time Irish gang over some sort of bar fight.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#279 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:57 am

Susan wrote:Anybody see the Conor rumors? He's apparently in massive **** with some big time Irish gang over some sort of bar fight.

Yeah I'm surprised no one on here mentioned anything. I haven't really seen him walk around with an entourage of paid juiceheads like Mayweather and instead he's usually surrounded by friends who makes a living from the fight game. I feel like he needs that hired goon protection.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Post#280 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:54 am

I'd not object to him getting got.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts