ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets - In Season Moves & Possible Trade Ideas

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Re: Nets - In Season Moves & Possible Trade Ideas 

Post#241 » by Ror1997 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:19 am

brook wrote:I like Barea but I prefer to retain picks, especially the Indy's pick that have a good protection for us.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

I would rather trade Toronto's pick here, but I'm just trying to be realistic. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want to improve the team you'll have to give up something of value. And those second round picks are the most realistic trade chips that we would actually trade.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,664

Post#242 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:21 am

brook wrote:I like Barea but I prefer to retain picks, especially the Indy's pick that have a good protection for us.

I would give up a 2nd round pick for Barea. we already have Toronto's first and we can acquire a 2nd rder with cash if we feel that there's someone out there worth taking

Remember, we've got that European kid coming over here soon and 2019 we regain pick control, so we really don't need to jam up roster space with 2nd round guys. and we need a veteran PG to spell Dinwiddie while Russell recovers.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#243 » by shakendfries » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:10 am

Ror1997 wrote:JJ Barea for Kilpatrick + Indy's second round

Dallas doesn't have to blow everything up, but moving Barea means more mins for DSJ/Yogi. They still have Devin Harris, too.

We get a Vet PG who's averaged about 4.5 assists in 22 mpg over the past 3 years. A veteran playmaker on a cheap contract is exactly what we need.

this is a pretty good idea. i certainly wouldn't mind it
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#244 » by Aussienet3 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:46 am

Ror1997 wrote:JJ Barea for Kilpatrick + Indy's second round

Dallas doesn't have to blow everything up, but moving Barea means more mins for DSJ/Yogi. They still have Devin Harris, too.

We get a Vet PG who's averaged about 4.5 assists in 22 mpg over the past 3 years. A veteran playmaker on a cheap contract is exactly what we need.

I'm thinking Marks would need to do a 2 for 1 trade or a player and 2rp for a 1rp to open up a roster spot to be able to use the injury exception. Or maybe waive Wiley??
Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#245 » by Curns13 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:15 am

The 2 way contracts allows for 45 days with the NBA club/roster. That doesn’t mean 45 games does it? I’m guessing it means you call the player up and all days between games count against that 45 total. So if my understanding is correct, a 2 way guy can probably play about 15 games in the NBA each season.

If that is correct, it would meaning dumping Wiley and signing the next best pg to a 2 way deal would only help in the very short term. I think we’d have to move someone from the top 15 roster to sign someone with the DPE.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,625

Post#246 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:33 pm

I don’t think it makes any sense to give up a 2nd rounder for a temporary back up PG, especially one who’s so old and small that we would have to change our defense to hide him when he’s on the floor.

Best case scenario to deal with our roster issues IMO:
Harris+Booker for Derrick Favors

Then we use that open roster spot to sign almost any available PG. Trading a 2nd rounder for Barea would be an overreaction IMO especially since his production isn’t hard to replace.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#247 » by Paradise » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:58 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:I don’t think it makes any sense to give up a 2nd rounder for a temporary back up PG, especially one who’s so old and small that we would have to change our defense to hide him when he’s on the floor.

Then we use that open roster spot to sign almost any available PG. Trading a 2nd rounder for Barea would be an overreaction IMO especially since his production isn’t hard to replace.

I’d be cool with Favors but I’m definitely not dealing him for Joe Harris. I’d rather have Harris than Favors in today’s game.
netsfaninnyc
Junior
And1: 1

Post#248 » by netsfaninnyc » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Say trade deadline comes up and the pelicans are well below .500, what are you willing to trade for DMC assuming he commits to resigning here?

I would easily trade rondae + booker + filler (lin, levert?) + possibly other picks for DMC + filler.

I also don't get the value being placed on 2nd round picks = most second round picks never amount to anything franchise changing.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#249 » by Paradise » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:41 pm

netsfaninnyc wrote:Say trade deadline comes up and the pelicans are well below .500, what are you willing to trade for DMC assuming he commits to resigning here?

I would easily trade rondae + booker + filler (lin, levert?) + possibly other picks for DMC + filler.

I also don't get the value being placed on 2nd round picks = most second round picks never amount to anything franchise changing.

I know he’s a monster talent but I think Kenny Atkinson would end up aging 20 years with Cousins.
I watched him against Denver...no thanks.

I just can’t see this guy leading a team deep into the postseason. His style isn’t conducive to winning and that’s based off his overall effort level, shot selection, defense (lack thereof). I watch Kenny get annoyed when D’angelo shoots a contested long two but I can’t see him dealing with Cousins. Dude doesn’t seem to care about winning.
brook
Senior
And1: 115

Post#250 » by brook » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:18 pm

I really love Cousins but I don't trade nothing for a rental

Ror1997
Analyst

Post#251 » by Ror1997 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:50 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:I don’t think it makes any sense to give up a 2nd rounder for a temporary back up PG, especially one who’s so old and small that we would have to change our defense to hide him when he’s on the floor.

Well first off, he isn't old and small. Hes 33, and hes 6'0. He isn't temporary either. We would have him locked up for this year and next on a team friendly deal, at only 4M each year.

Second, his production is really good. Hes one of the best backup PGs in the league. Plus, he has tons of experience and can run the offense when needed. Give Barea some credit. 4.5 apg over the last 3 years in 22mpg, good 3pt shooting and an above average PER in each of the last 4 years? Sign me up.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#252 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Ror1997 wrote:

Well first off, he isn't old and small. Hes 33, and hes 6'0. He isn't temporary either. We would have him locked up for this year and next on a team friendly deal, at only 4M each year.

Second, his production is really good. Hes one of the best backup PGs in the league. Plus, he has tons of experience and can run the offense when needed. Give Barea some credit. 4.5 apg over the last 3 years in 22mpg, good 3pt shooting and an above average PER in each of the last 4 years? Sign me up.

33 is old and 6’0 is small even if he was that. It’s well known that that 6’0 measurement is bs and he’s more along the lines of 5’9.

Everything he would give us on offense he would take away on defense. All of the switching that this team likes to do is impossible with someone as small as him on the floor. The whole defense would have to be changed just for some 33 year old back up PG. He will be incredibly short term because I doubt we start next season with 5 PGs on the roster. Only way he’s on the team next year is if they choose him over Whitehead who is literally 10 years younger. I’d be fine with acquiring him for this season but I wouldn’t give up a pick, only SKil + cash.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#253 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:44 pm

Paradise wrote:

I’d be cool with Favors but I’m definitely not dealing him for Joe Harris. I’d rather have Harris than Favors in today’s game.

I like Harris a lot too but Favors is better right now and having a legitimate big like him on the roster is more important than having a 2nd pure shooter. I’d love to see if Atkinson can turn Favors’ elite mid range game into a 3 pt shot. He’s also Crabbes age and can fit on this team going forward as a starting C and eventually PF/C if Jarrett Allen develops.

To get Favors we’d have to give up some value but id rather give up Harris than our 2 2nds since he’s expiring this summer.
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#254 » by DeRoma » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:47 pm

Paradise wrote:

He'd be playing center for us. Something that has not yet explored in a consistent basis. I think he can be a lot more productive with us than what he does in the Jazz. We'd have to pay for Harris and Booker even if we decide to keep them. I'd be 100% for this trade. I can see Favors productivity rises with us. He also has a descent midrange. So he won't be a complete problem for spacing.
brook
Senior

Post#255 » by brook » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:08 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:

33 is old and 6’0 is small even if he was that. It’s well known that that 6’0 measurement is bs and he’s more along the lines of 5’9.

Everything he would give us on offense he would take away on defense. All of the switching that this team likes to do is impossible with someone as small as him on the floor. The whole defense would have to be changed just for some 33 year old back up PG. He will be incredibly short term because I doubt we start next season with 5 PGs on the roster. Only way he’s on the team next year is if they choose him over Whitehead who is literally 10 years younger. I’d be fine with acquiring him for this season but I wouldn’t give up a pick, only SKil + cash.

agree.

Satoransky instead is 26 year old and 6'7, very tall for a playmaker.
Ror1997
Analyst

Post#256 » by Ror1997 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:19 pm

brook wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:

agree.

Satoransky instead is 26 year old and 6'7, very tall for a playmaker.

1 assist in 12 mpg. 8 per last year and 7 per this year.

Also not very good for a playmaker.
brook
Senior

Post#257 » by brook » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:22 am

Ror1997 wrote:

ok but stats don't say everything.

Satoranksy until now plays limited minutes, with the Wiz's bench (one of the worst in NBA) and often he plays SF, without any reason at all.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#258 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:50 pm

I'd love to have Favors here. I'd hate to give up Harris though. He'd have to play center obviously but he'd be a massive upgrade over what we have now.

What does Utah think of him? Do they have any reservations about bringing him back?
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#259 » by shakendfries » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:55 pm

I’d be intrigued with Marks & Atkinson taking the project of turning Trey Lyles into a legitimate player

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Ror1997
Analyst

Post#260 » by Ror1997 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:50 pm

brook wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:

ok but stats don't say everything.

Satoranksy until now plays limited minutes, with the Wiz's bench (one of the worst in NBA) and often he plays SF, without any reason at all.

If a guy plays on the worst bench in the NBA, and is a good player, then dont you think he would play more mins? If hes playing limited mins on an already bad bench, that would indicate He's a bad player.

Your response was literally "Just because He's bad and put up bad stats doesnt mean hes bad"

Return to Brooklyn Nets