ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Punisher (Marvel)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Re: OT: Punisher (Marvel) 

Post#21 » by Manhattan Project » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

fatalogic wrote:I don't see how people could critique it for those things. Pretty much the whole show deals with those two elements especially vets and ptsd. I don't think there has been a major show that has gone that in depth about what happens to our vets when they come home.

It's 2017, everyone is offended by something. In the wake of Gun Violence in this country, people are bashing this show just based on the presumed nature of the show. People are annoyed that it's not like John Wick every episode, I've seen people call the show boring because of it.

Like I said, I thought it was fantastic but a quick google search will reveal otherwise for a lot of people.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#22 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:01 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
islanders11040 wrote:Do i need to watch daredevil to watch this?

I was wrong. Yes, you should watch Daredevil first. Nothing wrong with that tho. I really liked it.

Sorry about that. My bad.

eh, i wouldn't say NEED. but i recommend.

Spoiler:
It's the only way to understand the relationship between Punisher and the blond babe reporter. Amirite?
CowboyBebop
Starter
And1: 2,134

Post#23 » by CowboyBebop » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:29 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
I was wrong. Yes, you should watch Daredevil first. Nothing wrong with that tho. I really liked it.

Spoiler:
It's the only way to understand the relationship between Punisher and the blond babe reporter. Amirite?

Nothing too complicated to understand about that relationship. Even if you don’t have the backstory, it can be boiled down to “she wants the peen” and he’s playing hard to get.

Speaking of peen,
Spoiler:
microchip’s wife doesn’t want him back. She’s mad she’s missing out on some frank peen now. She was so close :lol:
CowboyBebop wrote:Will Lebron be able to get warriors players suspended again so he has another chance to win this year? Or will he fail and get yet another loss on an already unimpressive finals record?
CowboyBebop
Starter
And1: 2,134

Post#24 » by CowboyBebop » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:30 am

Anybody else laugh when frank does the gorilla sound before he attacks? :lol: It’s badass and yet hilarious at the same time.
CowboyBebop wrote:Will Lebron be able to get warriors players suspended again so he has another chance to win this year? Or will he fail and get yet another loss on an already unimpressive finals record?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#25 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:30 am

CowboyBebop wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Spoiler:

Nothing too complicated to understand about that relationship. Even if you don’t have the backstory, it can be boiled down to “she wants the peen” and he’s playing hard to get.

Speaking of peen,
Spoiler:
microchip’s wife doesn’t want him back. She’s mad she’s missing out on some frank peen now. She was so close :lol:

:lol: :nod:
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#26 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:22 pm

fatalogic wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed it, it's just a shame that some people feel the need to look for this show to address gun violence and treatment of veterans when they come back home. I've seen some reviews critique the show because not enough light was shown on those issues. The show itself was fantastic, Bernthal makes an excellent Castle and really look forward to see how Jigsaw looks next year.

I don't see how people could critique it for those things. Pretty much the whole show deals with those two elements especially vets and ptsd. I don't think there has been a major show that has gone that in depth about what happens to our vets when they come home.

seriously. not enough?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#27 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:23 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Spoiler:

yes, to fully understand. but they also give you little insight into that conversationally. but i agree, watching DD would flesh that out for you.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#28 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:27 pm

CowboyBebop wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Spoiler:

Speaking of peen,
Spoiler:

disagree on both counts. :lol:

Spoiler:
frank could have tagged, but she clearly still loves micro. one of those complex friendships. she only entertained the thought with the reality of micro being dead. and frank would never commit.

frank also couldn't commit to karen. there's something there, but i don't think either would be interested in exploring. that's not to say a fug couldn't manifest. they on some kinship. the MCU is toying with the fans, waiting for them to kiss or something.

i was surprised we didn't see rosario sniffing around. :lol:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,807

Post#29 » by spree8 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:40 pm

yo Jon B is a OG triple OG
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#30 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:37 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
CowboyBebop wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Spoiler:

Speaking of peen,
Spoiler:

disagree on both counts. :lol:

Spoiler:
frank could have tagged, but she clearly still loves micro. one of those complex friendships. she only entertained the thought with the reality of micro being dead. and frank would never commit.

frank also couldn't commit to karen. there's something there, but i don't think either would be interested in exploring. that's not to say a fug couldn't manifest. they on some kinship. the MCU is toying with the fans, waiting for them to kiss or something.

i was surprised we didn't see rosario sniffing around. :lol:

Rosario :love:
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#31 » by Kampuchea » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:59 pm

Was planning on watching it but don’t want to watch daredevil first so won’t watch either.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#32 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Was planning on watching it but don’t want to watch daredevil first so won’t watch either.

You don't have to. You can watch and enjoy Punisher without it.

DD is pretty good too, but if you really don't want to watch it ...
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#33 » by Kampuchea » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:48 pm

I did not feel interested in DD but I am going to give it a shot on your recommendation, watch a few episodes and see if it grabs me.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,590

Post#34 » by Meat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:58 pm

I don't think it's a s good as luke care or Jessica Jones but its still a really good watch
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#35 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:13 pm

Kampuchea wrote:I did not feel interested in DD but I am going to give it a shot on your recommendation, watch a few episodes and see if it grabs me.

Vincent D'Onofrio plays "Kingpin" and is excellent imo.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#36 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:41 pm

Kampuchea wrote:I did not feel interested in DD but I am going to give it a shot on your recommendation, watch a few episodes and see if it grabs me.

I forgot to mention that are also two classic fights involving Punisher in season two of DD.
Icandoallthings
Senior
And1: 337

Post#37 » by Icandoallthings » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:18 am

This is the first Netflix marvel show that I can get into and likely make it the whole season.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#38 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:01 am

Icandoallthings wrote:This is the first Netflix marvel show that I can get into and likely make it the whole season.

I heard that Marvel just signed Lou Farigno to play Grampa Hulk in the new movie "Weekend at the Hulks." I think you're gonna love it.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#39 » by DowNY » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:15 am

Just binged it and to be honest.....it may beat out Luke Cage for my #1 Netflix Marvel show.
Gonna give it a few more days to weeks to settle then may watch it again with shorty to see how I feel then.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#40 » by gavran » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:07 am

May beat out? Luke Cage? #1 Netflix Marvel show?

Either you or I have stuck in the Twilight Zone, Luke Cage was one of the worst shows of all time, after like episode 6.

Return to New York Knicks