ImageImageImageImageImage

2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Who's Your Daddy?!

Capn'O
35%
DK
6%
KoC
3%
NLR
6%
GONYK
15%
Moocow
12%
Remi
6%
KT
15%
Thorn
No votes
Thugger
3%

Total votes: 34

semjazy
Junior
And1: 169

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#381 » by semjazy » Fri Dec 1, 2017 10:37 am

RiotPunch wrote:Bucks fan coming in peace--

Looking at some of these trade ideas, wondering if anything makes sense between us. We need rebounding and shooting, so a KOQ/Lee package is an intriguing one. How far off is something like:

KOQ / Lee for Teletovic / D.J. Wilson / 2nd?

Saves immediate $$$, sheds a year of Lee's deal and adds a 1st round rook & 2nd rounder to the farm. Apologies if I'm off my rocker here.

I have no clue about DJ Wilson, but if he's not that good of a prospect as his minutes suggest than I think we could do better than that. There's no reason for us to shed Lee's contract right now. And Teletovic is redundant if we keep playing KP at center.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#382 » by newyorker4ever » Fri Dec 1, 2017 1:18 pm

tleikheen wrote:Knicks should try to pick up Mario Hezonja 6'8"/218# (SG),22 yrs old on the cheap who seems to have never clicked with Frank Vogel.
Knicks need a young ,athletic SG/SF.Courtney Lee is playing great now but is not counted on long term.
Orlando is weak at PG ,starter and backup ,use Baker or Sessions or Dotson for Hezonja.

I don't think i'd trade Dotson straight up for Hezonja with the potential Dotson has.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#383 » by newyorker4ever » Fri Dec 1, 2017 1:23 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
magnumt wrote:
I can't see NY moving WillyG this Season unless it's a superb offer.

He makes less than $5 Million/Year and while he's a door on Defense, he's still an excellent passer, young, VERY skilled Post scorer and has EXCELLENT hands.

Also, they'll likely want to see what happens with KOQ. If he leaves, we'll have just Kanter (yes, Porzingis can back up the Center position, but he's not always healthy and the position is very physically demanding). And Noah may very well retire soon.

We could go from a glut of Big Men to a sudden deficit of one.

Kanter isn't being moved. I said this in the Preseason, but the guy is on a good contract, still young, and a prolific producer in the Post. Since then, he's learned to pass better, and is a heart warrior of this team. He's the epitome of 90s Knicks! The same with Porzingis & THJr.

Gotta give Perry & Mills credit for going against the grain and media "experts" and building us a cornerstone!

--Mags :beer:

KOQ is almost certain to opt out. He's well underpaid for what he does. But we could still bring him back.

With the Cs - I think we need more eval time. Specifically, to see who looks better between Willy and Kyle and look to move the other one around the deadline if a GOOD deal shows itself. No need to make a move for its own sake, as you mention.

Knicks are in a situation where they can afford to be patient. And picky about the return.

How do we figure out what Kyle's true market value is, both contractually and as a tradeable asset? What if we could sign him to a 3 year deal under $30M, something similar to Lance's deal? Isn't he then worth keeping? I think "Hell yes!"

I would think Perry has already spoken to KOQ's agent and knows what they're looking to get for KOQ for his next contract and might even know if he is or isn't planning on opting out after this year which i'm sure he is. So they should already have some type of plan for what they're plans are for KOQ.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 934

Post#384 » by tleikheen » Fri Dec 1, 2017 4:16 pm

I would think Perry has already spoken to KOQ's agent and knows what they're looking to get for KOQ for his next contract and might even know if he is or isn't planning on opting out after this year which i'm sure he is. So they should already have some type of plan for what they're plans are for KOQ.

KOQ definitely brings his lunchpail and is blue collar in his approach playing for the Knicks,but Kanter is another level up in the same approach.So do you need two players like that,it works now .
Now if Hernangomez had the same work ethic as Kanter THEN I can see the Knicks having 3 players (KP,Kanter,& WHG)who would and could kick a$$ in the paint night in and night out.
WHG IS NOT going to do it this year though.You can see WHG is not in top condition when running up the court....night and day watching the difference between Kanter and WHG sprinting up the court on a fastbreak.
Would not bother me to see WHG traded and KOQ kept ,KOQ is a great backup and understands his role.
At this point ,it's to late for WHG to reach his potential with NYK but theirs another young player who needs a change of scenery,Mario Hezonja of Orlando.
Picking up a former top #1 draft choice for WHG might be good for players and teams .
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,278

Post#385 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Fri Dec 1, 2017 4:17 pm

Looking at some of these trade ideas, wondering if anything makes sense between us. We need rebounding and shooting, so a KOQ/Lee package is an intriguing one. How far off is something like:

Saves immediate $$$, sheds a year of Lee's deal and adds a 1st round rook & 2nd rounder to the farm. Apologies if I'm off my rocker here.

The Knicks definitely aren’t looking to move either guy right now unless it’s for an “un-pass-up-able” deal; which that is not. I could see how it helps Milwaukee, but not sure how it helps NY(but admittedly I’m not familiar with Wilson, but he doesn’t seem to be an intriguing young talent). Teletovic is really a dime a dozen at this point also.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 934

Post#386 » by tleikheen » Fri Dec 1, 2017 4:33 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
Bucks fan coming in peace--

No I'd counter with KOQ/Lee for ....Brogden/Teletovic/Wilson
KnickFan33
Veteran
And1: 1,446

Post#387 » by KnickFan33 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 5:15 pm

Why trade productive players for non-productive ones? There is no immediate money saving as Teletovic is still signed for another year.

Personally, I would give it consideration if a large expiring deal was involved.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#388 » by magnumt » Fri Dec 1, 2017 6:31 pm

I'd definitely be open to that. But, it would need one of 3 alterations IMO:
    • Another 2nd Added. Lee & Teletovic are a wash dollars wise, but value wise NY is sending more out.
    • Swap out Teletovic for maybe Jabari Parker, and remove the 2nd. NY sheds salary and can see if Parker has anything left.
    • Find a 3rd team to upgrade the two 2nds to a late 1st.

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#389 » by RiotPunch » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:35 pm

magnumt wrote:

I'd definitely be open to that. But, it would need one of 3 alterations IMO:
    • Another 2nd Added. Lee & Teletovic are a wash dollars wise, but value wise NY is sending more out.
    • Swap out Teletovic for maybe Jabari Parker, and remove the 2nd. NY sheds salary and can see if Parker has anything left.
    • Find a 3rd team to upgrade the two 2nds to a late 1st.

I would certainly add another 2nd.

Not the right type of deal to involve Jabari. His value is at it's lowest right now and he's more valuable to us than anyone else. I could, however, be open to talking Thon Maker instead of Wilson.

Not sure who we could find for that, but if we could, by all means let's do it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Biggie Smalls
Sophomore
And1: 140

Post#390 » by Biggie Smalls » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:05 pm

Or we trade willy and our bulls second for a late first.....
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#391 » by Baller1234a » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:20 pm

Biggie Smalls wrote:Or we trade willy and our bulls second for a late first.....

LAC first for both?
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
KnickFan33
Veteran

Post#392 » by KnickFan33 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:22 pm

Baller1234a wrote:
Biggie Smalls wrote:Or we trade willy and our bulls second for a late first.....

LAC first for both?

I would do this
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#393 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:25 pm

Baller1234a wrote:

LAC first for both?

Why would they do it? Clippers will likely falter without BG and Willy doesn't fit with the team building around Blake.
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant

Post#394 » by Baller1234a » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:37 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Baller1234a wrote:

LAC first for both?

Why would they do it? Clippers will likely falter without BG and Willy doesn't fit with the team building around Blake.

Celtics own the 2019 LAC pick Lottery pritected
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#395 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:40 pm

Baller1234a wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Baller1234a wrote:LAC first for both?

Gotcha. In the back of my head, I knew that... :lol: Y'all also have the Grizzlies pick, right?

Honestly, I think KOQ would kill it with your team more so than Willy.
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant

Post#396 » by Baller1234a » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:41 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Baller1234a wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Why would they do it? Clippers will likely falter without BG and Willy doesn't fit with the team building around Blake.

Gotcha. In the back of my head, I knew that... :lol: Y'all also have the Grizzlies pick, right?

Yes we do.

The Celtics need scoring off the bench over toughness rebounding and defense right now. They have Baynes and Theis for all the dirty work but they really need some offense and Willy is a good prospect and will be ok at defense with Brad coaching him.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#397 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:46 pm

Baller1234a wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Baller1234a wrote:Celtics own the 2019 LAC pick Lottery pritected

Yes we do.

The Celtics need scoring off the bench over toughness rebounding and defense right now. They have Baynes and Theis for all the dirty work but they really need some offense and Willy is a good prospect and will be ok at defense with Brad coaching him.

Gotcha. I understand you need scoring, and I think Willy will become at least a solid defender regardless of who coaches him, but when I think of KOQ fitting in, I think of the passing in addition to the defense and rebounding. Plus, he'll finish in the paint and hit the mid-range J. Having KOQ run with a unit of Smart, Tatum, Thies, and Rozier (or Brown) would be suffocating on defense and will score at a damn good clip as well.

Plus, I want to see him do well. Loved him the moment we got him because he has the Kurt Thomas vibe to him - KT was my favorite Knick growing up, and KOQ is my current favorite.
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant

Post#398 » by Baller1234a » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:48 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Baller1234a wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Gotcha. In the back of my head, I knew that... :lol: Y'all also have the Grizzlies pick, right?

Yes we do.

Gotcha. I understand you need scoring, and I think Willy will become at least a solid defender regardless of who coaches him, but when I think of KOQ fitting in, I think of the passing in addition to the defense and rebounding. Plus, he'll finish in the paint and hit the mid-range J. Having KOQ run with a unit of Smart, Tatum, Thies, and Rozier (or Brown) would be suffocating on defense and will score at a damn good clip as well.

Plus, I want to see him do well. Loved him the moment we got him because he has the Kurt Thomas vibe to him - KT was my favorite Knick growing up, and KOQ is my current favorite.

Don’t really mind either one tbh ... I think both should be able to fit well

should be interesting what DA does with the DPE.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#399 » by magnumt » Fri Dec 1, 2017 10:24 pm

That's a HORRIBLE trade. :nonono:

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
KnickFan33
Veteran

Post#400 » by KnickFan33 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 10:45 pm

Baller1234a wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Baller1234a wrote:LAC first for both?

I see the Clippers being lottery bound for the foreseeable future. Not sure of the rules, but at what point do they have to give up their pick regardless of draft position?

Return to New York Knicks