Ben Simmons, Kyle Kuzma Named Rookies Of The Month

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Ben Simmons, Kyle Kuzma Named Rookies Of The Month 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:40 pm

The Philadelphia 76ers’ Ben Simmons and the Los Angeles Lakers’ Kyle Kuzma today were named the Kia NBA Eastern and Western Conference Rookies of the Month, respectively, for games played in October and November. 

Simmons led all rookies in scoring (18.6 ppg), rebounding (9.4 rpg) and steals (2.25 spg) and tied for the lead in assists (7.2 apg) in 20 games during October and November.  The 6-10 guard/forward also shot 50.7 percent from the field, the second-highest mark among first-year players.  He recorded two triple-doubles in his first nine career games, joining Oscar Robertson as the only players in NBA history to accomplish the feat.  On Nov. 29, Simmons recorded career highs of 31 points and 18 rebounds as Philadelphia defeated the Washington Wizards 118-113.  The Australian native helped the 76ers close November with a 12-9 record.  

Kuzma paced Western Conference rookies in scoring (16.7 ppg) and field goal percentage (50.4).  He ranked second among West rookies in rebounding (6.1 rpg) and third in three-point field goal percentage (37.9).  The 6-9 forward scored in double figures in 18 of 20 games.  On Nov. 17, Kuzma scored 30 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in a 122-113 loss to the Phoenix Suns, becoming the first Lakers rookie to reach those totals in a game since Magic Johnson in the 1979-80 season.  In 11 starts for Los Angeles (8-13), Kuzma averaged 18.1 points and 7.5 rebounds.    

Via RealGM Staff Report

MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Re: Ben Simmons, Kyle Kuzma Named Rookies Of The Month 

Post#2 » by MegaK » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:59 pm

Just give Simmons the Rookie of the Year award now. If he ever develops a jump shot, he'll be the next Lebron.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,560

Post#3 » by Harry Garris » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:29 pm

MegaK wrote:Just give Simmons the Rookie of the Year award now. If he ever develops a jump shot, he'll be the next Lebron.

Lebron really didn't have a jumper until he went to Miami so Simmons has plenty of time for that
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#4 » by Patsfan1081 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 10:34 pm

MegaK wrote:Just give Simmons the Rookie of the Year award now. If he ever develops a jump shot, he'll be the next Lebron.

Yeah........No, Simmons needs to fix his free throws befor working on his jumper. Simmons is still far away from Lebron, seems like a lazy comp.
saltybs
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#5 » by saltybs » Fri Dec 1, 2017 11:04 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:

Yeah........No, Simmons needs to fix his free throws befor working on his jumper. Simmons is still far away from Lebron, seems like a lazy comp.

I don't think it's that lazy of a comp. Do you have a better one?
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#6 » by Phila Tough » Fri Dec 1, 2017 11:30 pm

saltybs wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:

6'10 Rondo or Lamar Odom was what I was told by the crowd who constantly needed to tear down Philly's prospects in an attempt to discredit The Process.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#7 » by macNcheese3 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 12:28 am

well deserved
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#8 » by Simmons25 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:50 am

Phila Tough wrote:
saltybs wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:

6'10 Rondo or Lamar Odom was what I was told by the crowd who constantly needed to tear down Philly's prospects in an attempt to discredit The Process.

LOL Celtics fans man... so damn salty when it comes to anything Sixers. Simmons could save Brad Stevens dog from drowning in a raging river and they would struggle to compliment him.
Biased_Fan6425
Starter
And1: 1,381

Post#9 » by Biased_Fan6425 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 4:24 am

Kuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!

Sorry haters..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lets go Lakers!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#10 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Dec 2, 2017 5:03 am

Biased_Fan6425 wrote:Kuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!

Sorry haters..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wavefinger:
8-)
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
CelticsWin5
Senior
And1: 377

Post#11 » by CelticsWin5 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 6:26 am

Both are highly overrated. I've never seen Simmons play defense . Meanwhile Tatum is ranked 10th out of 468 nba players in defensive win shares. Tatum leads all 468 nba players in 4th quarter fg% as well as 4th quarter 3PT %.

Tatum got robbed
CelticsWin5
Senior
And1: 377

Post#12 » by CelticsWin5 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 6:28 am

saltybs wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:

How is it not lazy? Lebron is one of the best defenders in the league and has been since early on. He was doing those blocks from behind since a prospect and rookie. Meanwhile, Simmons is one of the worst defenders in the league. The comparison is dumb.

But keep thinking all that matters is box scores
mj23z
Sophomore
And1: 150

Post#13 » by mj23z » Sat Dec 2, 2017 8:40 am

CelticsWin5 wrote:Both are highly overrated. I've never seen Simmons play defense . Meanwhile Tatum is ranked 10th out of 468 nba players in defensive win shares. Tatum leads all 468 nba players in 4th quarter fg% as well as 4th quarter 3PT %.

Tatum got robbed

You've never seen Simmons play defence because you've never watched him play. Or your blind. He's by far the best defender out of all rookies and it's not even close. He's guarding 1-4 and covers the oppositions best player almost every game. He was the 76ers first option to guard Lebron, Curry, Lillard, etc.

bj2323
Junior
And1: 31

Post#14 » by bj2323 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:37 pm

CelticsWin5 wrote:
saltybs wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:

How is it not lazy? Lebron is one of the best defenders in the league and has been since early on. He was doing those blocks from behind since a prospect and rookie. Meanwhile, Simmons is one of the worst defenders in the league. The comparison is dumb.

But keep thinking all that matters is box scores

Lebron is a great defender whenever he feels like defending. Unfortunately, it’s not that often.
I likes sports
Jonosterman
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#15 » by Jonosterman » Sat Dec 2, 2017 10:06 pm

mj23z wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:Both are highly overrated. I've never seen Simmons play defense . Meanwhile Tatum is ranked 10th out of 468 nba players in defensive win shares. Tatum leads all 468 nba players in 4th quarter fg% as well as 4th quarter 3PT %.

Tatum got robbed

You've never seen Simmons play defence because you've never watched him play. Or your blind. Hesitant by far the best defender out of all rookies and it's not even close. He's guarding 1-4 and covers the oppositions best player almost every game. He was the 76ers first option to guard Lebron, Curry, Lillard, etc.

Did something happen to Covington?

Return to Wiretap Discussion