ImageImageImageImageImage

Post game: No Papa Johns

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,978

Re: Post game: No Papa Johns 

Post#301 » by Capn'O » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:16 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
where is the guy that went off on sham that one time? Did he get banned? if so, can we bring him back?

Mags?

i think he's talking about some random ballboy who was very upset that i kept being sarcastic

You've thrown a couple into the brink in your day, ol' chap.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#302 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:17 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
where is the guy that went off on sham that one time? Did he get banned? if so, can we bring him back?

the bot? i think he's still here lol

who was the guy i kept calling a bot. i forgot about that.

i think his name is knicks with a bunch of numbers in it. thought i saw him recently lol
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#303 » by Capn'O » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:19 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Mags?

oh sh*t your right it was mags :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

but I think there was some other rando

That 'sarcastic meets sassy' exchange made for good theater.
BAF Clippers

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,004

Post#304 » by god shammgod » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:21 pm

Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Mags?

i think he's talking about some random ballboy who was very upset that i kept being sarcastic

You've thrown a couple into the brink in your day, ol' chap.

i tend to make people upset at times. unbeknownst to me, realgm is serious business. you can tell by the quality of ads they attract. my apologizes to howard mass.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#305 » by Oscirus » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:21 pm

What's said is KP's been here three years and we've made little progress forward. We may have our pg of the future, we have a serviceable center and SG and pretty much nothing else. This team better make sure it's kissing KP's lily white ass cuz if he signs that qo...
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#306 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:23 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:Truth be told.

While that's true to a certain extent, it's not a guarantee. A GM could end up with a lesser player at a higher pick than a smart GM picking below him. Bottom line: be a good GM.

You're stepping on my lines bro. I said that already. I want royalties now.

Spoiler:
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#307 » by god shammgod » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:23 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:the bot? i think he's still here lol

i think his name is knicks with a bunch of numbers in it. thought i saw him recently lol

no wonder i called him a bot. there's too many of those guys to tell one from the other. they're all bots as far as i'm concerned. sorry paco.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#308 » by dakomish23 » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:25 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:This tanking/rebuilding business has polarized the crap out of this board :lol:

so many dudes getting emo because some folks want a high pick. As if wanting to add a high pick to this core means you want the team to fail long term.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#309 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:26 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

no wonder i called him a bot. there's too many of those guys to tell one from the other. they're all bots as far as i'm concerned. sorry paco.

Sent from Russia to destroy our civilization as we know it. We know Prokherov and Putin are tight. Do the math.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#310 » by Capn'O » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:26 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Smart to make them all like that. As mere humans, if one gets out of hand we might ban the wrong one.
BAF Clippers

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#311 » by god shammgod » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:29 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i think his name is knicks with a bunch of numbers in it. thought i saw him recently lol

Sent from Russia to destroy our civilization as we know it. We know Prokherov and Putin are tight. Do the math.

borschtgate ?
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,177

Post#312 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:32 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
While that's true to a certain extent, it's not a guarantee. A GM could end up with a lesser player at a higher pick than a smart GM picking below him. Bottom line: be a good GM.

You're stepping on my lines bro. I said that already. I want royalties now.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#313 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:32 pm

god shammgod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

borschtgate ?

Nyetsgate?
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#314 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:33 pm

god shammgod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

borschtgate ?

will you be providing the sour cream?
ImageImageImage
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#315 » by god shammgod » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:39 pm

back on topic. while i do think it would be better if we tanked, or whatever you call it, they're not going to. not any time soon. so unless we get lucky with the lottery balls, we're not picking at the top of the draft. so hope to either get lucky with the draw or get lucky with the pick. because all this good gm talk when it comes to picks is mostly nonsense. sure some people scout better than others, but a lot of times a great player with a later lottery pick just happens to be one of 2 or 3 players that are supposed to be picked around there and you luck into it. not an organization in the league had donovan mitchell in their top 5, including utah, good scouting be damned.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#316 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:39 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

borschtgate ?

will you be providing the sour cream?

I'd make him taste it first.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#317 » by god shammgod » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:42 pm

hmm..... i don't have much knowledge of russian food. borscht was the only thing i could come up with. i kept thinking of polish food.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#318 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:46 pm

god shammgod wrote:back on topic. while i do think it would be better if we tanked, or whatever you call it, they're not going to. not any time soon. so unless we get lucky with the lottery balls, we're not picking at the top of the draft. so hope to either get lucky with the draw or get lucky with the pick. because all this good gm talk when it comes to picks is mostly nonsense. sure some people scout better than others, but a lot of times a great player with a later lottery pick just happens to be one of 2 or 3 players that are supposed to be picked around there and you luck into it. not an organization in the league had donovan mitchell in their top 5, including utah, good scouting be damned.

Not top 5, but I think he was under legit consideration from 8-12.

per the bolded part, it is not so much whether there is a league-wide consensus about a player being picked later, but it is about the sole club that realizes that player should go higher when nobody else does and selects them

which begs the question:

Have All-Stars picked after the 15th pick consistently been taken by clubs recognized to have superior management or has it actually been random to the point of luck?

Some clubs are better at drafting than others it seems.

Kahwi - Spurs
Green - GS

are the two that immediately come to mind and those clubs are well managed
ImageImageImage
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#319 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:50 pm

celtics are one team who picks whoever they think is the best player despite their spot in the draft

1.jaylen brown (which i supported)

2. tatum. (another one i supported 8-) ). people thought they was crazy for passing up fultz. then they thought they was even more crazy for passing up jackson for tatum!

ainge a smart mfer
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#320 » by Capn'O » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:52 pm

god shammgod wrote:back on topic. while i do think it would be better if we tanked, or whatever you call it, they're not going to. not any time soon. so unless we get lucky with the lottery balls, we're not picking at the top of the draft. so hope to either get lucky with the draw or get lucky with the pick. because all this good gm talk when it comes to picks is mostly nonsense. sure some people scout better than others, but a lot of times a great player with a later lottery pick just happens to be one of 2 or 3 players that are supposed to be picked around there and you luck into it. not an organization in the league had donovan mitchell in their top 5, including utah, good scouting be damned.

What I'd love to see is the Knicks move some of their excess for a later first rounder. For low odds situations you need the Starks approach of taking a lot of shots. If the Knicks are picking 10, 23, 31, and say 42 (<--- apparently we have another second in that range) in this draft - not great odds for a star with any of those picks but better odds all together.
BAF Clippers

Return to New York Knicks