ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1921 » by Mecca » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:01 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Mecca wrote:So nobody here talking about that new Benny?? smh

Shake your head at the beat selection. And stop being a stan...do people have to run to this thread the minute an album drops every time ?? :lol:

tapes production is garbage. The only original song I really like is Dont make me. I had high hopes for this album and would never waste my time talking about it.

I like Daringer beats. His double loop beats aren't for everyone but I fw it.

I thought Rivi, Hustler's Wifi, and Satriele's was fire. The beat on Blood Money and tracks 8-9 were trash though. His analogies and imagery crazy to me though.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1922 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:12 pm

Mecca wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Mecca wrote:So nobody here talking about that new Benny?? smh

Shake your head at the beat selection. And stop being a stan...do people have to run to this thread the minute an album drops every time ?? :lol:

tapes production is garbage. The only original song I really like is Dont make me. I had high hopes for this album and would never waste my time talking about it.

I like Daringer beats. His double loop beats aren't for everyone but I fw it.

I thought Rivi, Hustler's Wifi, and Satriele's was fire. The beat on Blood Money and tracks 8-9 were trash though. His analogies and imagery crazy to me though.

A beatmaker I listen to from England made Benny Sound better than any song on that album.Took his vocals and made a dope track on his verse. Daringers recent beats are garbage...dude is highly overrated right now.

Tony Mahoney> Darringer

This beat BLOWS away any beat on that tape.

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1923 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:17 pm

Also you bugging the Blood Money is classic. And you saying its wack means you dont know about the Song. Its why I was specefic about original beats. Blood Money is a remix from a CNN song. There is not a NY'er from the era that would EVER say Blood Money beat is wack. That was a STAND OUT song from CNN. You must not know thats a legendary beat.

SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,821

Post#1924 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:00 pm

Every damn track on The War Report has a legendary beat. :lol:
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1925 » by Mecca » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:59 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Also you bugging the Blood Money is classic. And you saying its wack means you dont know about the Song. Its why I was specefic about original beats. Blood Money is a remix from a CNN song. There is not a NY'er from the era that would EVER say Blood Money beat is wack. That was a STAND OUT song from CNN. You must not know thats a legendary beat.

I know the track. I didn't/don't like the beat. I'm not a fan of some of Nas' beats as well. I got selective/young ears w production. It not out of disrespect, just not my type of production.
Brooklyn Nets
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,975

Post#1926 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:48 pm

n*ggas be like, tory ain't got bars... :lol:

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,961

Post#1927 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Dec 1, 2017 11:29 pm

Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,334

Post#1928 » by Phish Tank » Sat Dec 2, 2017 5:24 pm

no dope on sundays is one of the top 5 rap releases in 2017
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,227

Post#1929 » by Papi_swav » Sun Dec 3, 2017 6:18 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:Also you bugging the Blood Money is classic. And you saying its wack means you dont know about the Song. Its why I was specefic about original beats. Blood Money is a remix from a CNN song. There is not a NY'er from the era that would EVER say Blood Money beat is wack. That was a STAND OUT song from CNN. You must not know thats a legendary beat.

What ?! who the hell said Blood Money is not a classic?! that guy must be a teenager. I get it though, he just wasn't there. This song was on replay for a few summers and still get spins till this day. Nore's unorthodox style is dope. "CNN War Report, spread across New york, God I'm indian style, knees bent, militant"... Fireeeee ! Miss those times.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,682

Post#1930 » by Fat » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:35 am

Song of the year?
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,476

Post#1931 » by j4remi » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:29 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

Song of the year?

Good concept, but execution...idk, not as hype about it as a lot of people are. The two things I keep coming back to are what it sounds like if you're not watching the video and then is there a clear stance or message? Feels to me (call me a snob that's fine) like a lot of talking points without much actual insight. Just to back that up, I have some old HS acquaintances that three memes away from full-on alt-right who were sharing and liking this ish and I don't imagine them relating to or even really hearing the second verse.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1932 » by Mecca » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:54 pm

j4remi wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

Song of the year?

Good concept, but execution...idk, not as hype about it as a lot of people are. The two things I keep coming back to are what it sounds like if you're not watching the video and then is there a clear stance or message? Feels to me (call me a snob that's fine) like a lot of talking points without much actual insight. Just to back that up, I have some old HS acquaintances that three memes away from full-on alt-right who were sharing and liking this ish and I don't imagine them relating to or even really hearing the second verse.

Bingo.

DJBooth wrote an article articulating that. http://djbooth.net/news/entry/2017-12-06-joyner-lucas-im-not-racist
Brooklyn Nets
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#1933 » by mugzi » Thu Dec 7, 2017 9:15 am

Mecca wrote:
j4remi wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

Song of the year?

Bingo.

DJBooth wrote an article articulating that. http://djbooth.net/news/entry/2017-12-06-joyner-lucas-im-not-racist

Both verses were on point. I liked the song because it was a relevant, contemporary high concept song/ social commentary video that no one else seems to be doing right now.

Although I definitely saw and felt like there was a lot of similarities between this artist and hopsin.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1934 » by Mecca » Thu Dec 7, 2017 1:37 pm

mugzi wrote:
Mecca wrote:
j4remi wrote:

Bingo.

Both verses were on point. I liked the song because it was a relevant, contemporary high concept song/ social commentary video that no one else seems to be doing right now.

Although I definitely saw and felt like there was a lot of similarities between this artist and hopsin.

I agree with that comparison and think Hopsin is a cornball to be honest. Never would listen to him in my free time.
Brooklyn Nets
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,476

Post#1935 » by j4remi » Thu Dec 7, 2017 2:29 pm

War & Leisure is fire...as expected.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1936 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:03 pm

Song is straight trash to me played that **** one time....even with the message.

Plus Mysonne version is better and the lyrics from the black perspective were way more potent and official.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,975

Post#1937 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Dec 7, 2017 11:57 pm

seeing that joyner lucas is the topic here... i'll just leave this here
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1938 » by King of Canada » Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:23 pm

I'm still pretty upset that Ice Cube changed up his style. I know that was 20 years ago.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,403
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1939 » by E-Balla » Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:55 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

Song of the year?

This song is trash and horrible. Legit one of the worst songs I've heard in a long time. Great technically but listen to what he's actually saying. I can't cosign none of that ****.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,403
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1940 » by E-Balla » Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:13 pm

mugzi wrote:
Mecca wrote:
j4remi wrote:

Bingo.

Nothing about the 2nd verse was on point and I would spend a long time explaining why but this article (my friend sent it to me after I had a long ass rant about the song because once he read it he understood what I was saying) is basically my rant word for word.

https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/the-problem-s-with-joyner-lucas-im-not-racist-explain-1820888539

So what are your problems with it?

The most obvious part, after watching this three times now, is that the black guy’s rebuttal is weak as ****. The white guy spits all of the Breitbart and Bannon talking points, and the black guy cites ... Tupac?

It’s an empty coolness because the concept—the song and the video—is based on a faulty premise.

What’s that?

That white people’s race-related gripes and black people’s race-related gripes are equal—equally justified and deserving of equal time and attention. They are not. There is no conversation that needs to happen between the races in order to create some measure of truce and racial conciliation. The only conversation that can do that is white people talking to other white people to try to find a way to be less awful to black people.

Let me put it this way: How offensive and absurd would it be if, instead of a black person and a white person having this conversation, it was a Jewish person and a Nazi?

Um, that analogy doesn’t work. No one would dare do something like that.

Actually, the analogy works specifically because no one in their right mind would dare do something like that. We give the Holocaust the respect it deserves. We recognize the horror of what happened to Jewish people and the evil of the Nazis. (Well, we generally do these things.)

The message on-screen at the end of the video provides a perfect snapshot of the faultiness of this premise. It states, “We were all humans until race disconnected us, religion separated us, politics divided us, and wealth classified us.” It’s fulfilling and uplifting in the same bag-of-Cheetos way. But this video is dealing specifically with American race relations between black Americans and white Americans. And saying “until race disconnected us” removes the very active role white people had in creating race specifically to disconnect.

I mean there's nothing more that can be said about this song this article didn't hit on. Go check out the YouTube comments and people saying the white dude "won the argument". Joyner Lucas just tried to both sides racism in America on this song.

Shout out to that trash song Em just did about police violence too. At least his premise wasnt bad his execution just was.

Return to New York Knicks